• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

iYqzEz0.gif

vB4ZrHw.gif
So AH is basically MvC without assists?!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
now I don't want to be judgmental

but

who the fuck leaves some new social media manager hire in their $2500/mo apartment, let's their boyfriend move in unannounced and gives them the keys to their Mercedes while they're out of the country?

all for free?

all to be nice?

Kbrad got Momochi's spot. Sucks for Latif who has been out in Japan since the beginning of the week. Or rather it sucks for anyone that's in Japan that doesn't get into the 64 man bracket. KBrad magically gets in. Looking at the bracket, that shit is free for Infiltration. It's funny that even though the tournament is stacked the following players aren't in there: Sako, Momochi, Michael Tan, Amiyu, Sekiganryu, Sasaki, Hagejin, Cantona, Yossan, Y., YHC Mochi, Darui, Rokkun, Juso, Kai, MDR, Ninomae, etc... well you get the point.

edit: Reiketsu also thinks it's messed up that Latif didn't get in even though he's going to be in Japan for like 20 days or so.

I hope they put Laugh vs Bonchan on stream. He probably won't win but I really enjoy watching Laugh's style of play.

Tripon

Wait, Laugh is in TGS? I realize that he might be Korea 3rd best player, but his ability right now is way below Poongko and Infiltration.

I guess this thread hit bottom, and anime wasn't even involved

who could have predicted this

anyways, more combofiend playing R.Mika. Didn't see this get posted

Who needs anime when you have Smash drama.

Or is it that Smash is anime. One of the two.
Edit: damn, either Combofiend beating on scrubs or R. mika is top tier. I hope it's more of the 2nd one.

notworksafe

now I don't want to be judgmental

but

who the fuck leaves some new social media manager hire in their $2500/mo apartment, let's their boyfriend move in unannounced and gives them the keys to their Mercedes while they're out of the country?

all for free?

all to be nice?
xh4ibiU.jpg

I hope they put Laugh vs Bonchan on stream. He probably won't win but I really enjoy watching Laugh's style of play.

Wait, Laugh is in TGS? I realize that he might be Korea 3rd best player, but his ability right now is way below Poongko and Infiltration.

Who needs anime when you have Smash drama.

Or is it that Smash is anime. One of the two.
Edit: damn, either Combofiend beating on scrubs or R. mika is top tier. I hope it's more of the 2nd one.

I wish Hagejin and Sasaki participated in TGS. I've been impressed with their play in Topanga League.

Tripon

Vega, what did Capcom do to you?

ePtgUHc.png

Tekken Crash?

lol, he is bad as the commentator for Tekken Crash, although the girl he is paired up with is even worse.

idk I remember him getting blown up by poongko and didnt he rage quit a couple times on stream?

Yeah, that was on Arcadestream's monthly a month or two ago. The Korean FGC scene is pretty much dead from what I understand, so there's no local practice for guys like Infilgration, Poongko and Laugh, even if they wanted to.

Yeah, that was on Arcadestream's monthly a month or two ago. The Korean FGC scene is pretty much dead from what I understand, so there's no local practice for guys like Infilgration, Poongko and Laugh, even if they wanted to.

i dont think I know anybody outside of those 3 either

Dahbomb

That's why it's hottest thing right now. Hate all you want it's here for another 9 years at least.
Is it? The 2.0 patch just released and the game is barely in top 5 of Twitch streams. Hell Diablo 3 easily gets in top 5 at the start of every season or after a major patch.

Hell it took a year for them to patch in skippable cutscenes into the game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is it? The 2.0 patch just released and the game is barely in top 5 of Twitch streams. Hell Diablo 3 easily gets in top 5 at the start of every season or after a major patch.

Hell it took a year for them to patch in skippable cutscenes into the game.

LOL counting streams. One thing I learned about the Destiny community is that they don't care much about streams. Most of them are newbie streamers who started off streaming on the PS4. Kind of stupid to compare them to a PC scene that's been around longer than 09ers. They actually play the game. That's why the average player spent over 1000+ hours on it. Destiny clans even dwarf WOW clans. Destiny community is like a good balance between all gaming communities. There seems to be a lot less hate within. The competitive scene is already starting to gain some steam. Red Bull and a bunch of companies are already wanting a piece of the pie.

jerry1594

Destiny is not really my idea of interesting but it's me not the games at this time. I have a ton of great games to play/learn, but the interest isn't there.

Been catching up on MKX comics. Man, I'd rather have seen these oddly important events in an actual game. I could go for a Shaolin Monks-ish sort of title between the main fighting games. Kinda don't want to wait four more years for more Kombat.

Dahbomb

One thing I learned about the Destiny community is that they don't care much about streams.
Probably because there is very little CPM in showing grind based games on stream. Same issue with Diablo 3 despite A TON of people still actively playing the game (a game that has sold over 20 million units).

That's why the average player spent over 1000+ hours on it.
The receipts. Show them to me.

They actually play the game.
Compared to other top games where people ... don't play the game? What a weird thing to say.

petghost

Banned
Been catching up on MKX comics. Man, I'd rather have seen these oddly important events in an actual game. I could go for a Shaolin Monks-ish sort of title between the main fighting games. Kinda don't want to wait four more years for more Kombat.

Yeah i don't think it's a bad idea for nrs to try making a non fighting game. Actually I think the mainstream appeal of mk doesn't have a whole lot to do with it being a fighting game

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No because instead of watching streams they are actually playing the game because you already answered your own question, the grind is real. People go to tremendous lengths to grind grimore score and materials and such in the game and it takes forever. I can attest to that. Diablo 3 is the biggest on PC and therefore can be streamed. Destiny doesn't have the benefit of being played and streamed on PC at the same time.

I personally played the game for 47 days in game time. http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/ps/kadey1up And I am considered low to mid tier in terms of play time with the game. There's a reason why the OT is about to reach 30 and once Taken King comes out, it will reach 31 in a week or less. People get all excited about the littlest things about the game. That's why so many damn threads pop up about it.

I have close to 600 people on my friend's list. I say 90% of them are Destiny players. Want to do a raid? Call it out and you'll have a group in less than five. Need to do patrol? Call it out and you'll be running around with people in no time. I'm actually shocked myself at how big and active the game is despite all hate it seems to get.

When Xur sold the fabled Gjarllahorn, the ultimate weapon in the game which recently got nerfed and I got bragging rights for having it dropped for me 16 times, the Vikings even tweeted about it and it was top trending on twitter and there were threads on various message boards telling people to buy it. A stupid rocket launcher was making that much of a big deal. RNG in this game makes people make Sanford look like a Saint when it comes to saltiness. People have played the game since day one and still haven't gotten certain drops after doing hundreds of raids, etc. The hours add up.

If Destiny ever hits PC, oh boy.

shaowebb

So AH is basically MvC without assists?!

Its got a lot of Marvel in their with the Xfactor sorta stuff, cancels, and crazy air combos but its definitely its own thing. Especially since its got waaaaay more verticality and screen to work with. It essentially had to with homing dashes being a thing. You cover that space very rapidly though because press homing dash once and your good, but press it twice with a direction and you take off super fast and can even steer it to fake people out on approach. Do you know how hard it is to read a crossup when they are above you and do that and then zigzag left and right on the way down to keep changing sides? Fucking hard!

Shenanigans abound. You can do soooooo many dirty things in this game.

I haven't been paying attention to a lot of the SFV vids, but is this the first time we've seen Combofiend beasting with Necalli? I've been on the fence about whether or not I wanted to play him, so seeing that video makes me happy.

I'll stick with R.Mika for now, she just looks sooo good. Big damage on her throws, and a lot of reset opportunities from the look of things.

NEO0MJ

I kinda hope we get Cody, as well as Karin, Eagle, and Maki. Heck, ring in Abel and Guile while you're at it, as well as Necro's, Ken's, and Cody's girlfriends/wives. Lets make Blonde fighter 5 a reality!

Dormammu
Mewtwo
Zato
Bison
Blackheart/Sentinel/CapCom

Villains, space control, defensive play. No weapons allowed.

Scharlachrot, Yoriko or Clarice would probably come closest.

Scharl is the psycho endboss, she controls gigantic pieces of the screen with her chain normals and specials. She can also set up these fulcrum points, where she can then connect her chains for movement options or to set off strong explosions.
Yoriko carries a demonic staff, which basically does all the attacking without her having any say in it (Actually you can see her ineffectually trying to hold the thing back in many of her animations). The staff transforms into the full demon during one of her supers too. Her playstyle is pretty weird though, she's kinda defensive with big slow hitboxes until she can use her powerup move. After that, her specials get pretty ridiculous and she can kinda go ham with them.
Clarice is a mean vampire nun. She has big claw slashes for space control as well as dives and sort-of-teleports to get around. One of her supers is a field around her that drains life which is really useful for a character that likes to fight from a distance, as people generally won't want to stand in it.

Edit: There's tooons of characters and with the arcana system there's definitely a character for everyone playstyle-wise. Aesthetically, eh. It's a cast of pretty girls. No burly men or outright monsters, though there are monster companions and summons aplenty. Hard to predict whether that's a dealbreaker for someone.

Need a bit of controller advice.

I've got a Razer Atrox as my 360 stick and a new souped-up Mayflash V2 as my PS3/4 stick.

I am flying to Amsterdam next month for a tournament and I need a device which works on both Mahvel 360 and USF4 PS4.

I was thinking that the Mayflash PS3 -> 360 adapter might be my best bet. But apparently that has trouble with PS3 sticks?

Anyone got a good suggestion for how to avoid bringing two heavy sticks with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom