• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

I'd be lying if I said it did. I can still find people when I hop online, but absolutely nowhere near to what I'd personally call "healthy". If online is important then maybe it'd be better to go for BB or GG instead. Although, I've heard the quality of GG's netcode ain't the best? You should ask around first. Those sales will be up for a bit (12/31) so you don't have to rush.

Pretty much every anime game has the same cheeks netcode. All 3 ASW games have the same netcode that is hella bad unless you stay in 3+ bar, and even then it gets rough sometimes. UNI's is slightly worse than ASW netcode but not by much, the random desyncs are the big killer though.

You put your foot in your mouth too much.

Anyway, Facebook groups for fighting games are so bad at times, especially regional ones. So much eyerolling to be had.

FB groups are soooooooo fucking funny. 3rd Strike Junkies was by far my favorite until they clamped down on it.

X9jiBPc.png

so...

any good fighting games out lately?

petghost

Banned
maybe he was fucking around but the french bread dude kinda hinted that they would make a new melty game in that 4gamer article. apparently the VN its based off of is getting a remake.

i really hope so that would be so rad.

Anne

maybe he was fucking around but the french bread dude kinda hinted that they would make a new melty game in that 4gamer article. apparently the VN its based off of is getting a remake.

i really hope so that would be so rad.

Tsukihime <3 I don't actually think Type Moon VNs are that good but I love the character designs. I don't like New Arc though :/ just hoping it leads to Melty HD or something.

They did UNIEL because they could not work on Melty Blood HD as the scenario of Tsukihime was rewritten at the time. That seems logical they would do a Melty Blood HD now that they have the experience and we can see first redesigns of the characters.

petghost

Banned
how does one even go about playing VNs? i only played like the danganronpa games, steins gate and 999/vlr and i loved them all (maybe not steins gate as much) and would love to play more games like them but man it seems like 99% of them are super hard to obtain.

They did UNIEL because they could not work on Melty Blood HD as the scenario of Tsukihime was rewritten at the time. That seems logical they would do a Melty Blood HD now that they have the experience and we can see first redesigns of the characters.

I won't lie, I'd get hype for Melty Blood HD. One big question though, is if the supposed Melty Blood HD would be a remake of a prior version of Melty Blood. Part of me thinks that an HD Melty Blood would not have all the characters that the latest Melty Blood has.

NEO0MJ

how does one even go about playing VNs? i only played like the danganronpa games, steins gate and 999/vlr and i loved them all (maybe not steins gate as much) and would love to play more games like them but man it seems like 99% of them are super hard to obtain.

Pc has the biggest collection but not many are on Steam, though more and more are coming to it these days. For the games not on it you'll have to buy it on its own and probably download and install a fan-translation.

I won't lie, I'd get hype for Melty Blood HD. One big question though, is if the supposed Melty Blood HD would be a remake of a prior version of Melty Blood. Part of me thinks that an HD Melty Blood would not have all the characters that the latest Melty Blood has.

It will probably be an adaptation of the new Tsukihime into a fighting game so of course we won't have all the characters. The game will progress as time goes on.

.la1n

I'd be down to give Melty Blood HD a shot, the last game was pretty good fun. Going to need some great net code though because anime locals are deader than dead around here.

Anne

I have been looking for more Nine info everywhere. I am surprised at the shortage.

I mean, she's only a boss that people will see on the easiest CPU setting and we don't even know if it's the boss version or the actual version we get. We don't even know what her moves are lol be patient. Anybody playing the game is busy learning their character and combos ASAP so they can not lose their yen and keep their rank.

Before I sleep

Makoto God Goro

Lord Souji Arakune

Best Valk Hima is back

Game looks fun. All hail King Kong Azrael.

El Sloth

Banned
Pretty much every anime game has the same cheeks netcode. All 3 ASW games have the same netcode that is hella bad unless you stay in 3+ bar, and even then it gets rough sometimes. UNI's is slightly worse than ASW netcode but not by much, the random desyncs are the big killer though.
I wouldn't know since I only play uni of those three ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I think uni's is fine as long as you're playing someone of the same region (i.e. north east, south west, midwest, etc.)

You can read here. Hopefully Shouta doesn't make a ban reading the thread! For what it's worth, I totally apologized.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1137779

People get banned for expressing the wrong opinion every single day. Especially when 20 people quote you with "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?"/*reaction gif* dogpile and then its just a matter of time before the mod ban you. Just don't click on those threads in the future.

Warxard

Banned
Killer Instinct '13 turned 2 today. Shame no one really plays it here.

Does anyone use Fightcade here? Is Fightcade acceptable to talk about on GAF?

Does the LP system in SFV beta basically replace the PP from SF4?

0-500 LP: Just started the game/Scrub McDuck
501-1000 LP: Bad
1000-1500 LP: Mediocre
1501-2000 LP: Below average
2001-2500 LP: Average
2501-3000 LP: Above Average
3001-3500 LP: Good
3500-4000 LP: Very Good
4001-5000 LP: Excellent
5000+ LP: DAIGO
krs.png

People get banned for expressing the wrong opinion every single day. Especially when 20 people quote you with "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?"/*reaction gif* dogpile and then its just a matter of time before the mod ban you. Just don't click on those threads in the future.
This x1,000,000.

I mean, she's only a boss that people will see on the easiest CPU setting and we don't even know if it's the boss version or the actual version we get. We don't even know what her moves are lol be patient. Anybody playing the game is busy learning their character and combos ASAP so they can not lose their yen and keep their rank.

Before I sleep

Makoto God Goro

Lord Souji Arakune

Best Valk Hima is back

Game looks fun. All hail King Kong Azrael.
Wouldn't the trailer for Nine's release been representative of her playable form? Or do they put out trailers just for boss modes?

I feel like, while she may change from current to final version, her spells are going to be the same. They aren't going to create a full list of spells that only boss Nine uses - that's a ton of work. So at least a spell list would be worth putting together. I can't stop the hype, though, so I'll keep checking for new stuff of her. You can already see how several of these spells work together to create disastrous situations for the opponent.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I feel like, while she may change from current to final version, her spells are going to be the same. They aren't going to create a full list of spells that only boss Nine uses - that's a ton of work.
Don't underestimate ASW's love for over the top unique ex characters

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
As someone who plays a lot of endless, people in endless who have 4,000-4,050PP are in a special category of, not good enough to maintain 4k+ PP, but had a good day one day and stopped playing ranked to maintain their e-peen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom