• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseress

can we talk about daigo for a minute pls

we should!
ec6UNt5.gif

this hurt CPE so bad. Every character got super difficult. Took me forever to get some of my noel routes down, and I still struggle with them on netplay. Frustrating after CP which felt like one of the easiest versions across the board for execution

Yeah. I dumped Tsubaki and switched to Celica because of it. She's easy at least, but.. it feels like i'm just stalling and waiting for a real main to pick up again.

Keeping an eye on Nine and maybe Hibiki but we'll see.

BadWolf

God Hand holds the very essence of git gud and fun within its hand

This.

The combat is so damn good and the dodge system is the most satisfying I've seen. The animation on the moves is simply excellent as well, and like with RE4 the close camera makes it feel even better.

Yeah. I dumped Tsubaki and switched to Celica because of it. She's easy at least, but.. it feels like i'm just stalling and waiting for a real main to pick up again.

Keeping an eye on Nine and maybe Hibiki but we'll see.
I will always play Noel, through the bad and good times. On that note, someone put out a combo video for CF. I doubt these will be her BnBs (bad oki) but they look stylish as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkDJO-2-ZDo
I'm super happy to be getting j.C > j.D > d.6C routes back. CPE j.2C > j.4D was ass

One thing I can say about DaiGOAT this weekend.. his execution has never been so on point with Evil Ryu. Max damage and barely any drops.

Truly becoming DaiGOD

Anne

this hurt CPE so bad. Every character got super difficult. Took me forever to get some of my noel routes down, and I still struggle with them on netplay. Frustrating after CP which felt like one of the easiest versions across the board for execution

It's worth noting this is a bit different from my perspective. The way I and most of my peers play, execution difficulty is a thing we tend to get over pretty quickly and just power through. Sometimes shit is difficult or annoying, but given time and maybe a back up plan we get past it. I'm not the average player when it comes to this aspect lol

It's worth noting this is a bit different from my perspective. The way I and most of my peers play, execution difficulty is a thing we tend to get over pretty quickly and just power through. Sometimes shit is difficult or annoying, but given time and maybe a back up plan we get past it. I'm not the average player when it comes to this aspect lol
on netplay though? I know players taht were using non optimals they can hit fan using other combos on netplay just so they had something they can land. I'm not horrible at execution, even though I take a bit longer to get combos memorized, but any lag in BBCPE makes the timing on Noel's 236A~66 > 5A and 22BC insanely difficult. This execution requirement hurt BBCPE when it came to mid tier players sticking with the game

I was talking about it with Q in the OT and he seemed to agree

Anne

on netplay though? I know players taht were using non optimals they can hit fan using other combos on netplay just so they had something they can land. I'm not horrible at execution, even though I take a bit longer to get combos memorized, but any lag in BBCPE makes the timing on Noel's 236A~66 > 5A and 22BC insanely difficult. This execution requirement hurt BBCPE when it came to mid tier players sticking with the game

I was talking about it with Q in the OT and he seemed to agree

Even on netplay I go for my optimal combos if I can help it. If it is bad enough I can't, I have a back up plan of "not on point combos" I'll even use offline that are as close to optimal as they can be and will still get me the same situation after. I'm talking same oki, 100-200 less damage type stuff if for some reason I'm dropping j.4D~C IAD or I'm doing weaker confirms with 2As stuffed in there.

Again, that's specific to the kind of player I am though I guess. Execution is just a thing I know I'll have to do and don't worry about it getting done because I have faith in getting it down no matter what it is. In my Merkava video I was doing those routes since day one until I had 99% consistency with them, and I know a lot of players thought they were difficult and passed them up for some time. Just where I come from that's the kinda shit where we just say "yeah we'll deal with it" and worry about other stuff.

Even on netplay I go for my optimal combos if I can help it. If it is bad enough I can't, I have a back up plan of "not on point combos" I'll even use offline that are as close to optimal as they can be and will still get me the same situation after. I'm talking same oki, 100-200 less damage type stuff if for some reason I'm dropping j.4D~C IAD or I'm doing weaker confirms with 2As stuffed in there.

The point was that a lot of the 'not on point' kinda combo routes were removed in CPE, and we were lamenting their loss. And hoping they get put back in.

disclaimer: This is coming from a guy with admittedly mediocre execution. I totally do go for easy execution characters, even at the cost of good options.

Anne

The point was that a lot of the 'not on point' kinda combo routes were removed in CPE, and we were lamenting their loss. And hoping they get put back in.

disclaimer: This is coming from a guy with admittedly mediocre execution. I totally do go for easy execution characters, even at the cost of good options.

I do disagree that in general those routes didnt disappear in CPEX I guess :p like with Tsubaki I find starter > DP fireball whiff > filler > ender to be more than enough and very easy/practical.

Again, thats from my perspective. I'm glad combos are probably getting easier or will have easier alternatives in the future for people not like me though.

MrDaravon

Nut crushing spoilers in that Bloodborne thread posted right about now. For once heed the warning in the title.

Hey this post is a bit old but can you clarify if the spoilers are "nut crushing" because like they sound awesome, or some crazy lore stuff or what? You can spoiler your response, I don't want to know specifics either but I'm just not sure what kind of spoilers you mean.

Bloodborne was the final compelling thing that got me to get a PS4 at it's launch earlier this year, I beat it once and loved it but never got back to it, kept meaning to. When I did beat it I didn't mean to trigger the ending (which immediately forces you into NG+) so I actually cheesed it by re-loading a prior save use PS+ Cloud save, so I'm still in regular NG. Seems like some folks are having problems where they beat the game once like me and stopped, so now they're at the beginning of NG+ where everything scales and we haven't played the game in 6 months lol.

Blackule pls

Even though I love FFXII he's complete garbage, I'll give you that much.

I do disagree that in general those routes didnt disappear in CPEX I guess :p like with Tsubaki I find starter > DP fireball whiff > filler > ender to be more than enough and very easy/practical.

Again, thats from my perspective. I'm glad combos are probably getting easier or will have easier alternatives in the future for people not like me though.

Ah, okay. Yeah, that's probably a difference in what we consider 'hard' then. With Tsubaki i can't do the DP> dive/fireball whiff combo's consistently online at all, while i could totally do a bunch of routes in CP where i wouldn't need that.

I guess if you consider all of that easy peasy it's a bit hard to see my point =P

It does seem kinda like CF will be easier execution-wise. Yay if so!

Tripon

Only beef hates FF6. Because he doesn't have a soul. And Vann's character design would be alright if he just wore a freaking shirt.

MrDaravon

Worst main character and worst final fantasy game*

Argue why FF1, 2 and 3 are better than FF12.

This is why I roll my eyes when people say "X" Final Fantasy is the worst Final Fantasy game. You could maybe make an argument for FF1 based at least partially on nostalgia, but no sane person can possibly argue any other entries are worse than FF2 and FF3, you seriously can't. I can deal with people having their favorite or worst games being anything FF4 or later (even if I disagree), but come on.

This is why I roll my eyes when people say "X" Final Fantasy is the worst Final Fantasy game. You could maybe make an argument for FF1 based at least partially on nostalgia, but no sane person can possibly argue any other entries are worse than FF2 and FF3, you seriously can't. I can deal with people having their favorite or worst games being anything FF4 or later (even if I disagree), but come on.

FF1 sure, but I definitely had the least fun in the whole series playing FFXII.

Didn't care for the characters, the world of Ivalice outside of Tactics, the story, battle system, Gambits were ok, Marks were meh etc

game is ass. would replay if they release a remaster tho

FFXIV ARR is worse than FF2 which is worse than all others

BadWolf

FFXII is so damn good, couldn't get into another rpg for quite a while after finishing it.

Did a second playthrough of the fan translation of the Zodiac version a little while back and had a blast, its fast forward feature needs to be a standard in rpgs.

Rhapsody

Banned
Going to give it another day before going back for more BBCF. More videos being churned out, so I'll catch up on those.
There's also plenty I can test out on Extend day anyways.

Also the nesica stuff is pretty fun now that I've experienced it. Seeing all my stats relating to damage, guard success, etc. is really cool. Been using the points I've accumulated to finally buy some colors and an icon. The colors that BBCF originally came with are horrid, especially for Carl's.

:WOW: Daigo did something I've never seen before with Evil Ryu.

AA'd with close st.HK and got one hit off, then juggled into ex DP in the corner for the stun.

I've never seen anyone do that before

Dahbomb

Hey this post is a bit old but can you clarify if the spoilers are "nut crushing" because like they sound awesome, or some crazy lore stuff or what? You can spoiler your response, I don't want to know specifics either but I'm just not sure what kind of spoilers you mean.

Bloodborne was the final compelling thing that got me to get a PS4 at it's launch earlier this year, I beat it once and loved it but never got back to it, kept meaning to. When I did beat it I didn't mean to trigger the ending (which immediately forces you into NG+) so I actually cheesed it by re-loading a prior save use PS+ Cloud save, so I'm still in regular NG. Seems like some folks are having problems where they beat the game once like me and stopped, so now they're at the beginning of NG+ where everything scales and we haven't played the game in 6 months lol.

Blackule pls

Even though I love FFXII he's complete garbage, I'll give you that much.
I am not going to post spoilers here (they are related to both mechanics and lore) because someone will highlight it anyway they cry about it later plus it's already a bit off topic.

I honestly didn't see much before bailing.

Astarte

This.

The combat is so damn good and the dodge system is the most satisfying I've seen. The animation on the moves is simply excellent as well, and like with RE4 the close camera makes it feel even better.

Beating Double God Hand Gene gave me one of the biggest accomplishments in gaming. Everything about that game is absolutely fantastic (aside from the final boss).

Haha that's not 2
Seriously it's not 2.

How can folks hate X? Third best title.

Worst main character and worst final fantasy game*
I can never decide if VIII or XII is the worst. Active hatred, or complete indifference? XII would be salvaged with Basch as the main character. VII is irredeemable.

How many characters will Dissidia have on launch? Those animations look cheap and easy to make.

I think it is pretty well understood that people are referring to the modern titles.

Going to give it another day before going back for more BBCF. More videos being churned out, so I'll catch up on those.
There's also plenty I can test out on Extend day anyways.

Also the nesica stuff is pretty fun now that I've experienced it. Seeing all my stats relating to damage, guard success, etc. is really cool. Been using the points I've accumulated to finally buy some colors and an icon. The colors that BBCF originally came with are horrid, especially for Carl's.
I would love impressions. Any more info on Nine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom