• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
There is Ultra Trial mode in USF4.
CUsIV4-WsAEC76H.jpg

Revelator has, like, no changes to the old characters. I really don't get the thinking that story can't be added in a patch. It's so weird to me that people actually use this as justification for ASW's backwards business practices.

People buy what they like, whales gonna whale.
I always make new psn accounts and game share ASW games 4-ways anyways.

Skilletor

And that's fine, but don't make it seem like the reason they don't do a DLC update to their games is because of story reasons.

Hell, GG's story is just a long movie, nothing even playable.

Sayad

I...ummm...

Anyways, how do you guys get yourself pumped up to start training again in fighting games? I'm finding it hard to give up time to train in fighters over playing other games.
It's fun if the game is new, but few months later it's a bit of a problem. Setting a date for a local gathering or a session with friends could give you enough excitement to be able to spend few hours in training mode.

Toy with opponents.

rtrtrtr.gif
lol at Cody flashing yellow in the background whenever someone does an ex move.

MrDaravon

Same here. Not sure what's going on with the image

Okay, thank god I'm not going nuts. Ever since I got this new PC I'll have like one image out of every hundred not load randomly, even including twitch chat emotes. I'm assuming it's a windows 10 thing because I have no idea what else it would be and refreshing always fixes it. I was tripping out here thinking something had gone horribly wrong lol.

Playing characters with rapid presses on pad must be weird as hell. I once knew of a Blanks player who, instead of pianoing, would just wear something on his thumb and rub it against the three punches when he wanted electricity. Seemed pretty efficient.

Can you still share 4 ways? I thought max was 1 share now on PS4.

For the PS4 gen, I wish we could get a group together and a free to buy every major fighting game together, and we all pitch in evenly. Would help with stay current and increase versatility.

Playing characters with rapid presses on pad must be weird as hell. I once knew of a Blanks player who, instead of pianoing, would just wear something on his thumb and rub it against the three punches when he wanted electricity. Seemed pretty efficient.

know a guy who would use his left hand as well for honda hands.

I slide for Gen's hands. Reminds me of this video where a guy recommended buying inside-out billiard gloves for sliding lol
EDIT: lol

And that's fine, but don't make it seem like the reason they don't do a DLC update to their games is because of story reasons.

Hmm I didn't mean to make it sound that I was defending their practices.
But I can still see where they've put in (superficial)work into their revisions that ASW would justify charging for it.

Can you still share 4 ways? I thought max was 1 share now on PS4.

For the PS4 gen, I wish we could get a group together and a free to buy every major fighting game together, and we all pitch in evenly. Would help with stay current and increase versatility.

Nope can't do 4-way anymore, but so far it looks like ASW is still supporting cross-gen. My scene usually starts off with the PS3 versions of the game to stay current. Some eventually buy PS4 versions when they go on sale down the road like it is now.

Piano is a lot easier if you just jump in. If you wanna learn to piano get the Hori FC. It's made for piano style. Its ergonomics are made literally for keeping it on your knee as you play. It's really hard to piano a regular four button pad. You need to piano a six button pad.

petghost

Banned
Vsav has this bummer pushblock mechanic where you cant play defense at a high level unless you can effectively piano 6 inputs in a very short period during blockstun...its like my least favorite execution barrier ever. but the good players do it off 1 hit random pokes or whatever its nuts.

vulva

Infiltration slides too I think.

I've been practicing doing hands with Honda/Decapre/Chun. I can only get Chun's by sliding and the other two by Piano

honestly, sliding with her is fine unless you need the precision to legs loops... which I just don't think is really worth it

Piano technique is a joke for pad players once they realize they only really need to piano the face buttons and R1 (fifth button not even that necessary). Meterless guard cancels are the worst thing ever in comparison. Who thought it was a good idea to make character specific guard cancels (which might be great for some and almost useless for others) that don't even require meter? Do you have any idea how much it sucks to fight VSav vets who can GC a single blocked move? It's like a fighting game version of a round against Floyd Mayweather, except you don't even get paid after you get your ass kicked.

I probably wouldn't be so salty if Hsien-Ko's GC were her LP Gong. GCs are just annoying in VSav unless you are a master baiter.

I was watching the latest kachitagari episode again and Nyanshi mentioned Sako practicing to become the Umehara Killer for Topanga World League 2 as they were kind of reminiscing about Topanga League throughout the years and how this was the last one for SF4.

Daigo mentioned that beating Sako at World League was fucking impossible. Even if he were to play again right now, he couldn't beat him. That's how much Sako studied the matchup. Daigo wanted to tell Sako "Don't you want to get 1st place or what (Sako should also practice against the other players)? That's way too much overkill!" Everyone was busting up laughing. Obviously a lot funnier in Japanese with the slang Daigo uses.

On the subject of Chun, this is how Matsuri does it.

https://youtu.be/eSbnIlJeufM?t=55m50s

Dahbomb

yeah, 4 hours later and i'm still
psyduck.gif

dahbomb pls explain
Some people don't drink water directly from the sink (tap water).

But they also don't eat their apples until it has been washed... by tap water.

They know (or at least they think they know) that the tap water is dirty in the back of their mind but they pour it over their fruit anyway.

Similarly you the overhead is coming at the back of your mind but you block low anyway.

taken out of context you wouldn't drink tap water or eat a dirty apple, but if you had the choice between a dirty apple and an apple washed in tap water you'd take the washed apple. You'll repeatedly eat the opponent's less dangerous mixup because you have to look for their more dangerous mixup, so the reason overheads land more often is because it's more imperative to block the low.

But I can't say for sure, it's like interpreting a bible verse
spectre-what.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom