• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Should be happening:

Team Spooky ‏@teamspooky 25m25 minutes ago
Next Level Battle Circuit #148 live with Arcade Alpha 2 while we wait for signups - http://twitch.tv/nycfurby

Art asked the locals yesterday on twitter if folks were going tonight because he didn't want to lug everything down there on Thanksgiving Eve if no one was going to show and a bunch of people said they were going to. Probably not a huge turnout I would guess tonight though.

CPS2

You don't drink dirty tap water or filthy apples, but happily use one to clean the other because you're an idiot. You also don't block overheads because you're an idiot. Is that it?

mbpm1

I was watching the latest kachitagari episode again and Nyanshi mentioned Sako practicing to become the Umehara Killer for Topanga World League 2 as they were kind of reminiscing about Topanga League throughout the years and how this was the last one for SF4.

Daigo mentioned that beating Sako at World League was fucking impossible. Even if he were to play again right now, he couldn't beat him. That's how much Sako studied the matchup. Daigo wanted to tell Sako "Don't you want to get 1st place or what (Sako should also practice against the other players)? That's way too much overkill!" Everyone was busting up laughing. Obviously a lot funnier in Japanese with the slang Daigo uses.

Man, I wish Sako was still around

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
『Inaba Resident』;186817895 said:
Really considering it.
For someone who doesn't really play "air dashers", who would you recommend to start with to get accustomed to the game?

Who do you use in other games

Tripon

I really need a PS4. My laptop can't even run Ultra now since the upgrade to Windows 10. I probably should downgrade it back to Windows 8.1.

Tripon

Windows 10 can't run Ultra? How come?

Well it can, but ever since the latest update, there's a crazy random slowdown that I can't fix. It is probably the nividia drivers not playing nice with Windows 10, but I already updated, uninstalled, reinstalled and that didn't work.

Also, my mouse has a dumb delay that started ever since I upgraded to w10, so I'm thinking of just switching back to windows 8.1 just for that and going back to windows 10 after they fix this mess.

Anne

I am inclined to do so. I mean...it's a fighting game, so it's not like you're missing anything without the text.

Edit: Actually, thinking about a digital purchase off of the JP server, but I've never done that before.

It's actually really easy, and probably pretty cheap cause exchange rates.

MrDaravon

Well it can, but ever since the latest update, there's a crazy random slowdown that I can't fix. It is probably the nividia drivers not playing nice with Windows 10, but I already updated, uninstalled, reinstalled and that didn't work.

Also, my mouse has a dumb delay that started ever since I upgraded to w10, so I'm thinking of just switching back to windows 8.1 just for that and going back to windows 10 after they fix this mess.

Yeah, my laptop died a while back, stuck with a cheap desktop that sucks but is technically capable of running USFIV (which isn't hard), but I have the same random slowdown issue on Windows 10 on this thing. I've got a legit windows 8 disc & key somewhere but I'd have to find it and I just can't be bothered at this point in the game's life, will just pick it up on PS4 on the current sale I think.

Anne

Do I have to like..."share" the game with my normal PSN account to play while logged on as my normal self?

Nah. You make a Japanese account and buy the game. As long as the Japanese account exists on your system you can play it with whatever account you want completely fine. If you want DLC you'll need to buy the JP DLC for the JP version but it will work with any account just fine. Game sharing is only if you want to put the game on multiple consoles.

It's all really nice and easy actually. You don't have to take any extra steps once you dl it on the JP account, you just have to make sure the JP account still exists on the console. Why would you delete it anyways, you may need it to get DLC or another game in the future.

I'm going to have to drop Poison as my main in USFIV. It sucks because I've progressed the most with her because I love her character. I also have the largest attachment to her than the rest of the cast, but my game isn't improving and I'm losing to basic stuff.

I'm honestly lost as to who play as. I'm going between Rose and Cammy and Sakura but there are way too many fucking Rose's online. I'm looking for a character that has good fundamentals and is easy to play. Poison is for advanced players. So it reasons to believe I should pick Balrog or Guile as my new mains. I'd love to go with Chun because I love her pokes but she's an advanced character.

I think it's time for a break from USFIV. Tonight the losses made me so salty that I don't want to look at my fight pad. The fact I have to drop a character I really connect with in order to improve has me surprisingly angry.

I'm going to have to drop Poison as my main in USFIV. It sucks because I've progressed the most with her because I love her character. I also have the largest attachment to her than the rest of the cast, but my game isn't improving and I'm losing to basic stuff.

Well a good question to answer would be "why are you losing to basic stuff?"

Maybe it's something you can change about the way you play. Although that might still lead you to dropping the character because you might have to play in a way that you don't think is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom