• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

More CF impressions

Naoto. Really fun character now that I sat down and spent tons of time learning him. Like I've said before, much more technical than he appears. So many dashes involved. He's a fun character that just wants to hit people. My impressions of him at the moment strength-wise, he's ok. He has stuff like crossups and an overhead. Overhead's nothing extraordinary for him, it's a tool but you can't rely on it. Both j.B and j.C crossup and the former is better. Apparently I've heard that his 214A 28A is unblockable but whiffs on crouchers. Not a reliable tool to just open people up with, but it's a pretty neat option. I need to see how he develops but with how cheap the cast of BB can be, we'll see how far he goes. For all I know, he could have really good frame advantage on normals, but I can't tell without having a person helping me test it ot.

Hibiki. Super flashy looking, kind of boring to play for me. He's just pretty straight forward and simple. Lots of B normals than can chain back to each other (5BB 2BB 5BB) so I just see a lot of slashes and get reminded of Sho and Minazuki from Persona. Pretty good pressure and mixups, you can really mess with the opponent with a lot of his drives and specials. 214C creates a safe jump which is pretty good. His j.C hits to the left and right of him which is nice. I assume this stops any rolls out of the corner and you can OS to chase down remaining options midscreen. Obviously a cross up. What I see in vids though, his hurtbox kind of extends behind him while the hitbox of j.C doesn't look too vertical (mostly horizontal), so it has its weaknesses. I really like Seth in UNIEL but Naoto seems like a more interesting newcomer to me.

Izayoi. These buffs, she definitely should not have gotten on some of these. 236D is amazing, especially in OD. They're basically forced to eat a 50/50. Old version was good, but only if they never really moved. Air mist finers are so cool and replace Noir Edge. Can special cancel off of 6B if you want, but it looks like a great neutral tool. Normal mode for Izayoi is pretty much the same from what I can tell. Gain Art mode has changed from what I'm seeing. Still can't 5A 5C after Strike Fall like in CP, but she doesn't need it. You also can't Atraea after Strike Fall anymore. Another change is Astraea launches them way higher now. No more 2C afterwards since they can tech in time. GA 6C has also changed. Less untech time so I'm not sure if this has a purpose in combos anymore. Gatlings into 6A have been removed sadly, but that was a buff she didn't need. I still think she's a strong character, but I'm glad they removed some stuff with all the buffs they gave her.

Platinum, one of my characters I use almost every other game (CS2, CS EX, CP 1.1). I really like her CF version. Boomerang is a nice new item. Air Persia on air combos does a ground bounce so you can continue the combo and side swap if you need to. Low heart car allows you to combo afterwards in the corner. High heart car isn't a great mixup, not too bad for a midscreen knockdown. Seems like you can special cancel out of cat item which is nice. Keep in mind, that change and the air persia change, I don't know if this existed in CPEX. I didn't play Plat in that game, but I'm really happy with how she plays in this.

Played more Rachel as well. I really think neutral took a hit with the loss of pumpkin, but it mostly means we can't just be dumb and make it our turn when we want anymore lol. Lotus is such a good tool. Just need to make sure we have lotus on them without getting knocked down because then we're in trouble. It's funny that they ended up buffing George by removing cooldown but lotus oki is way better now. Ivy again is good as a corner ender on DP-less characters, but that also means you're sacrificing the chance to do lotus on them. I think Rachel's not wheelchair status at all, she's going to turn out decent if things progress at this rate. She's just a much simpler character regarding combos, but requires more thinking in other areas. She can't get awesome wind regen combos and set up all her oki in one go lol. Also I've heard that she gains wind in the air even when combo'ed. Small things like this will add up.

Carl's still weird for me in this version (but still really good and dumb). Not sure how long his combos can go at the moment and how much is worth it considering doll meter lol. Hard to do training mode with him since I can't do infinite doll meter in training mode. I could overdrive to regain doll meter but all of Nirvana's properties will affect the combo, so I'll have to wait regardless lol

Thanks for the impressions man.
Hibiki sounding more and more my dude. Simple and flashy.

pixelish

potential capcom cup champion candidates
CUvvCtBUcAAgHZv.jpg

Hey guys, I'm not super into fighting games but that Xrd deal caught my eye. After having dabbled a bit in Ascent Core I've always wanted to play the newest version of the game since it looks pretty cool.

Thing is, I live in EU and I've been hearing some weird stuff about the European version. Is it worth my time to still buy it? Money isn't a real issue but I'm not super into buying a game that apparently lacks characters or something like that.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

MrDaravon

I just bought a PS4 for 300 bucks via Amazon Black Friday.

What does this mean for me FGC-wise? I admit I wish it came with a fighting game rather than Unchawted. There's no reason I should have to buy SFIV ever again. I bought Super, Ultra on PS3 and Steam. I don't want to do it again.

Sell the Uncharted Trilogy code for ~$30ish like I did, then use that money to buy other stuff.

Also worth noting that if you have PS+ Ultra is on sale for PS4 right now for $14.99 + the 10% storewide discount code which is pretty reasonable if you're going to be playing the game any real amount in the next 3 months.

NEO0MJ

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I don't believe in Thanksgiving :<

Hey guys, I'm not super into fighting games but that Xrd deal caught my eye. After having dabbled a bit in Ascent Core I've always wanted to play the newest version of the game since it looks pretty cool.

Thing is, I live in EU and I've been hearing some weird stuff about the European version. Is it worth my time to still buy it? Money isn't a real issue but I'm not super into buying a game that apparently lacks characters or something like that.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Don't buy the EU version. If possible get some US PSN points and buy that version instead.

I don't believe in Thanksgiving :<

Don't buy the EU version. If possible get some US PSN points and buy that version instead.

This. The EU version still doesn't have the Elphelt and Leo patch and so it can't play with any other versions.

Best to get the US digital or physical version.

Ah thanks, already figured that I'd have to do something like that.

So how does online work when I play from EU with the NA version? Is it laggy or anything? Is there an European community on the NA version that I can play with?

Also, I haven't really played that much fighting games with the PS4 controller, the game is probably still playable if I don't have a stick right?
I played Accent Core with a Gamecube controller

Numb

So how does online work when I play from EU with the NA version? Is it laggy or anything? Is there an European community on the NA version that I can play with?

Also, I haven't really played that much fighting games with the PS4 controller, the game is probably still playable if I don't have a stick right?

In EU and got the Hong Kong version. Works well and has the stuff.

You can just only play all the other people who bothered to get the proper version, at least until the situation finally gets fixed ;/

Last time i checked, it was definitely real hard to find matches. The user interface for the online is also kinda crappy, which doesn't help things any. It's a great game, but.. yeah.

Rhapsody

Banned
.His wakeup is good because you can't OS everything. A lot of what he can do can be shut down if you know what he's going to do. If you don't, good luck pinning him down.
Maybe for some characters, but not for Ryu, haha. Do people really not know OS tatsu beats every Bison wakeup option (dunno about wakeup ultra)?
Should be common knowledge for Ryu players I feel. EX Psycho gets hit, teleport you recover in time for toward HP, etc.

I feel it's pointless buying BB because there's a new one out.

That's the Arcsys cycle. There's -always- a new one out. GG is actually getting a new console version before BB. (Xrd Revelator is out in spring on consoles, BBCF is unannounced but can count on 10 months out or so for the JP version. )

If i had to pick, i prefer BB as well.

Nine's moveset, requiem maledictus if old.

Sweet. So i guess the order you put in elements doesn't matter? That makes things easier. I wonder what happens if you overstock, like if you have RRG and use another G.

Tripon

Brackets and notables for Dreamhack Winter 2015. Ultra is a 1 day tournament at Dreamhack. Smash is 3 days. lol.

Brackets:
http://binarybeast.com/xUSFIV1510080#participants

Notables include:
BX3.Tp-Link Phenom
BX3.Tp-Link veggey
Cameraman
DaFeetLee
FA Prodigal Son
FA|Big Bird
FGCBR | Keoma
Gonzalez
GxC Damascus
humanbomb (No longer Canada Cup Gaming?)
Meltdown|Luffy
Pro Fluke
Reiketsu
RIZE|Infexious
RMZ
RZR Xian
Rzr RB
YBK Kichiken
YBK Santarou
YP Valmaster

I wanted to take BBCPEX but I don't have anyone to play with and I won't grind this game and there's another one coming and I don't have space on my PS3 so I'm not sure what to do now.

DunpealD

I wanted to take BBCPEX but I don't have anyone to play with and I won't grind this game and there's another one coming and I don't have space on my PS3 so I'm not sure what to do now.

I'd have offered to play if you had the PS4 version. I guess it's not crossplay?

Tripon

I thought kichiken and santarou aren't going now because of the paris attacks?

You're right. Binary Beast still left their names up there. Now that I think about it, it doesn't have Kreymore (Dieminion's brother) or Zepherino, and I know they are both going to Dreamhack.

In the few times I had to look up Binary Beast for their brackets, I always thought how much of a chore to use than challonge is. No idea why European tournaments use Binary Beast.

Numb

That sale is pretty tasty.
Skipped BBCPE for the first time. Might get it after seeing what Black Friday has in store.

edit

Cracked and bought it already. 13 bucks is cheaper and don't think it'll get cheaper

Numb

Weird PS4 installs are weird.
Sitting there wondering if i just bought the tutorial and it making sense since it just downloaded 900mbs.
The rest is coming. All 16 gbs which makes more sense lol

You know you have watched a lot of Nine play when you know what all of those spell icons refer to. Well, except for two I have never seen the AI use.

WA
WWA

Anyone have recordings of those?
Dustloop says she releases Dec 3rd.

That's the Arcsys cycle. There's -always- a new one out. GG is actually getting a new console version before BB. (Xrd Revelator is out in spring on consoles, BBCF is unannounced but can count on 10 months out or so for the JP version. )

If i had to pick, i prefer BB as well.

Sweet. So i guess the order you put in elements doesn't matter? That makes things easier. I wonder what happens if you overstock, like if you have RRG and use another G.
Newest input replaces oldest.

Rhapsody

Banned
Looking up more Platinum stuff in BBCF. So while cat into low heart car was pretty neat, seems like you can also special cancel hammer.
Just saw IAD crossup air hammer special cancelled into Swallow Moon. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom