• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Happy turkey day folks, biting on that ps4 was the best thing last night and its still up, I don't know how Amazon hasn't sold out on it yet. I'm gonna get USF4 on PS4 so we can play Count, I need to learn that matchup inside out with Gief.

Lostconfused you set it to free-for-all. Don't think anyone can watch matches in that mode. I think it has to be the one where it's 1 on 1 + spectators, can't remember what it;'s called off the top of my head IIRC.

VariantX

whats the difference between skullgirls endless beta and skullgirls

endless beta was basically all the experimental changes to characters and gameplay mechanics/features + early access to the DLC characters that were still very much WIP. Oh and no story related stuff either.

IT feels like everyone is just coming back to this game.

I would use Noel but all of my Noel training was calibraed for BBCP + not playing for months.

The only one I can use on a functional level is Ragna because the basics haven't changed for him a whole lot so my CT/CS experience is kind of applicable.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I wanna get Ys for my vita, is memories of celceta a good buy? i need rpgs in my veins, just bought freedom fighters or whatever its called for 10 bucks.

I wanna get Ys for my vita, is memories of celceta a good buy? i need rpgs in my veins, just bought freedom fighters or whatever its called for 10 bucks.

Freedom Wars.

Freedom Fighters is that cool third person red dawn esque shooter on ancient gen consoles and PC made by some relatively known dev?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Any other games that'll satisfy my weeb heart?

get ready for HEALING

8j4rH.png

DunpealD

BBCPE Nu-13 looks fun again for the first time ever post CT and even seems reminiscent of her CT version.
Guess I'll pull the trigger on it too after deciding on what else to get.

Anne

If any new buyers need help going in BB I can probably help you get started.

If you ever end a round with full barrier and you didn't perfect somebody that is the first thing I'll say to fix though :p

Good matches Q.

I saw you were starting to remember some of the old combos.

I feel like Ragna is a decent character to do some easy rough pressure with.

Like the basic 5B > 5C > 5D > 236D seems to put people on the defensive since you can do a lot of things after it like dash cancel, 214D (can't remember name) and other things.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Muramasa + DLC.

Then a bunch of PSP games like Kenka Bancho, Brandish.

Edit: and https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ines/cid=UP9000-PCSA00155_00-ORESHIKA2EUUS000

That's all of my recommendations that don't include lewd games like SK and ones that are banned from gaf.

Oreshika is now on my list of games to get. I need a good memory card ;_;

Oreshika
Steins Gate
Persona 4 Golden

Steins Gate is the only one I haven't looked into, will research.

If you own a vita and for some reason don't have Superbeat XONIC you have fucked up.

I've fucked up.

https://twitter.com/LegendofStarfy/status/669739520137363456

Tonpy is a mangaka for a living. That is so anime.

The dream. The mangaka for Beelzebub did a panel for mahvel, writing a dialogue for that protag that was basically wolverine doing a basic bnb into xf3 then a lvl 3 lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Anyone with USFIV on Steam please help me learning these combos. They're the most advanced combos I've attempted to learn in the game. I can do the focus release, but after that the timing is hard, and getting the focus release timing is tricky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVsm19YZYb4

a time on the video would help out a lot

Edit:

I'm gonna go get fat and drunk so we can play later tonight with online training if you're down. you wont get the combos on the first day, no one does, so practice and dont be too hard on yourself

vulva

Cindi, when I get home remind me to show you some replays from earlier. I played my friend's poison earlier so you can see how to beat me with her.

Kumubou

Any other games that'll satisfy my weeb heart?
It's a Vita, you could probably just buy a game at random and it's about 50% like to be anime as all hell
and then about 10% to be banned from NeoGAF outright

Persona 4: Golden is a super-obvious suggestion if you haven't played the PS2 version and it should be (was?) on sale right now. Cop the Danganrompa games if you think you would like a story-based game (think something like the Phoenix Wright games). Just make sure you play them in order if you do (1 -> 2 -> Ultra Despair Girls).

Or just buy anyall of the Falcom games available on the platform between their PSP and Vita releases.

If you own a vita and for some reason don't have Superbeat XONIC you have fucked up.
I've put a fair amount of time into the game and... I don't like it that much. I'm not really feeling the tracklist (although it's possible that Sound Voltex and modern IIDX has rotted my brain) and the charting is some of the worst in the "series" (counting the DJ Max games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom