• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly doesn't feel like it.

I usually have to take Ls for several hours or just screw up until I get tired of it and start paying attention to where I make mistakes. It takes so long to divest myself of emotion due to action on screen so that I can consciously work on my mistakes and faults.

I usually have to take Ls for several hours or just screw up until I get tired of it and start paying attention to where I make mistakes. It takes so long to divest myself of emotion due to action on screen so that I can consciously work on my mistakes and faults.

Maybe it might be a good idea to try one of the easier characters?

The only reason I was able to hold my ground there was because I was using Ragna and the stuff I was doing was really basic. Like 1-2-3-4 basic most of the time. That and he has good pokes.

Numb

Also got an interesting character to start with. Might require a completely different mindset.
You'll get there eventually.

Rhapsody

Banned
I expect nothing less.
Yams reputation will never recover.

Also glad that so many people here are playing BB. It's a good game.
I'm out if town so no matches from me. I'll do what I can on characters I can give advice for though.

Mostly Rachel, Carl, and Izayoi for Extend.

yes but idk if learning these fadc combos are what you should focus on first.

I need combos in my repertoire. Vulva and Yams can confirm this. I need more offensive capabilities to do more damage.

I'm not only concentrating on combos. I"m concentrating on the entire character, from the ground up and that means I'm spending most of my time in the lab. When I get tired of combo practice I bring in Bison and test out situations that I struggle with.

A lot of my game needs improvement - offensive and defensive. I've been playing since July and I still don't have combos down besides basic bnb (cr lp x 2, st mk, rekka and the same combo but with ex rekka with heavy hp combo finish or dp finish). I wanted to delay learning combos so I could get fundamentals down because I think a lot of players concentrate on combos more than they do fundamentals. I concentrated on trying to get down fundamentals since July. I can do her bnb, but now my lack of combo knowledge is hampering my progress as a player.

After releasing the focus he's dashing forward.

Thank you! <3 I thought so! I couldn't hit the timing with my rekka, so I tried dashing and I'm still having trouble hitting it, but I'm on the right track. Just need to crack this thing.

Oh also fun note, I got called a scumbag for playing Nu the way I did before Karst showed up. It was kind of hilarious. I mean I got trashed pretty badly most of the games so it's not like I am any good at BB.

Also, I've been playing as Bison in training mode to get a feel of what my opponent's are doing to me, and holy fuck this character is too good. What a bully of a character. Poison takes skill (hit confirms, zoning, the works). This fucker's st HK recovery is RIDICULOUS. HK tap right HK tap right HK tap right HK and got them in the corner in seconds. Absolutely bananas. Compare it to Poison's st HK, which has a huge recovery in frames due to the wind up and it's night and day.

Playing as someone you struggle with is a really interesting experience. It's interesting seeing things from the opposite spectrum...this is probably how you guys get good at so many characters, right?

Oh also fun note, I got called a scumbag for playing Nu the way I did before Karst showed up. It was kind of hilarious. I mean I got trashed pretty badly most of the games so it's not like I am any good at BB.
idk why anyone complains about any character in blazblue. Tager is a horrible matchup for noel and I dont even bitch about the hordes of them in netplay

Shackzam

Thank you! <3 I thought so! I couldn't hit the timing with my rekka, so I tried dashing and I'm still having trouble hitting it, but I'm on the right track. Just need to crack this thing.
I don't know if this is the problem, but are you doing the rekka motion during the dash animation? Because that could help you out with the timing. I'm not near my usf4 so I can't really feel what the timing is.

Numb

Fuck combos, play grapplers.

Spin to win!

2e9532fa5e03373ed4e5cb7f09fbe4fa.gif

pizzacat

Banned
Picked up blazblue off of Numbs recommendation, what am I doing lol? Might play some more after thanksgiving shit but was pretty interested in hazamas specials with the chain.

In the days of BBCS online I used to play Tager sometimes and spam Tager Buster > Gadget Finger > Tager Buster.

The Buster after the pick up can be teched out of, but it seemed that most people didn't know that you can do that if a command grab is combo'd.

It felt dirty but fun at the same time.

Numb

In the days of BBCS online I used to play Tager sometimes and spam Tager Buster > Gadget Finger > Tager Buster.

The Buster after the pick up can be teched out of, but it seemed that most people didn't know that you can do that if a command grab is combo'd.

It felt dirty but fun at the same time.

Is it still possible?
Nothing to be ashamed of man.
I just went into ranked and fought a rank 2000 E Ryu. First fight as Bison since SF2 and I whipped his ass. lmao I may have to pick him as a sub.
Nice going.
He seems crazy in SFV too.

"Don't trust the points."

Even with the points, he's wrong. Against a good Bison it isn't just a simple matter of fb'ing and then AA'ing, especially if he has meter.

DunpealD

I need combos in my repertoire. Vulva and Yams can confirm this. I need more offensive capabilities to do more damage.

I'm not only concentrating on combos. I"m concentrating on the entire character, from the ground up and that means I'm spending most of my time in the lab. When I get tired of combo practice I bring in Bison and test out situations that I struggle with.

A lot of my game needs improvement - offensive and defensive. I've been playing since July and I still don't have combos down besides basic bnb (cr lp x 2, st mk, rekka and the same combo but with ex rekka with heavy hp combo finish or dp finish). I wanted to delay learning combos so I could get fundamentals down because I think a lot of players concentrate on combos more than they do fundamentals. I concentrated on trying to get down fundamentals since July. I can do her bnb, but now my lack of combo knowledge is hampering my progress as a player.

In general there is no reason not to dash. The recovery of FA is terribad long and more of a whiff animation kind of thing. Dashing out of FA is mandatory.

What you are trying right now is extremely situational. If you want to increase your offensive capabilities you should focus on setups and max damage punishes. This also includes combos from your overhead or LMT.
Also iirc Poison has moderate damage output. Which makes it even more important to focus on those.

Also, I've been playing as Bison in training mode to get a feel of what my opponent's are doing to me, and holy fuck this character is too good. What a bully of a character. Poison takes skill (hit confirms, zoning, the works). This fucker's st HK recovery is RIDICULOUS. HK tap right HK tap right HK tap right HK and got them in the corner in seconds. Absolutely bananas. Compare it to Poison's st HK, which has a huge recovery in frames due to the wind up and it's night and day.

Playing as someone you struggle with is a really interesting experience. It's interesting seeing things from the opposite spectrum...this is probably how you guys get good at so many characters, right?

If you don't know the other characters moveset it's a good idea to learn them and the feel of how they are played.
For example you don't need to fear ex scissor kicks when you see a dictator walk forward, but need to be cautious when you see him whiff attacks. Learning to charge at any time is charge character basics.

While his st.MK/HK is good, he can't charge while walking forward. If you can space correctly you can neutral jump the scissor kick and punish accordingly.
When you are in the corner you can do a jump back for better attack for most of the cast, but you will have to watch out for his preemptive st.HK that hits you out of the jump. Also see if you can bait and punish an ex psycho crusher out of the corner with like U1.
Dictator has problems opening up his opponents, since he has no overhead and has to resolve to throw, frametraps or crossups. As well as relatively low damage unless you utilize FADC. Both combined makes it hard for Dictator to make a comeback.

I feel some shades of CT Nu. She was pretty disliked there too.

Hoodaman, threi, and vulva (I don't remember if vulva helped, but fuck it I'll throw him in) gave me great advice against Honda when I played at NCR. Hooda ended up beating me 2-1, but he was such a nice guy that he gave me a bunch of tips after the set.

EX Moves giving projectile invincibility is a huge part of why I dislike SFIV.

She's definitely a top character, but I am not going to QQ about you playing Nu as Nu.

Poison has a fireball. Bison doesn't. Bison needs tools to offset this difference. Maybe Poison isn't your type as much as you think she is?

It took me a good year of fighting games to really understand what I like.

pixelish

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";186897890]My picks for top 8:[/QUOTE]
safe picks but i doubt tokido will beat daigo

here's mine btw
i made some bold picks for round 1 matches to spice things up.
will have to go through my predictions after dreamhack is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom