• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any videos out there yet showing all the new character moves and/or overdrives?

I really should relearn Hazama, his combo flow is too damn amazing lol

Amane combos look amazing too
Yes.

That disrespectful throw.

And the Tsubaki forum's pretty helpful, but if you're anything below skilled they will eat your displays alive.
Did you watch the whole thing? It even beats supers.

Also, that Hakumen combo where he strings Empty Sky Wall like 7 times in one combo - omg.

Skip to 4:40 if you guys want to see the dumb stuff Hakumen has.

cj_iwakura

Did you watch the whole thing? It even beats supers.

Also, that Hakumen combo where he strings Empty Sky Wall like 7 times in one combo - omg.

Just the first minute, the lack of audio's a hype killer.

Also, as badass as Hazama combos look, talk about a steep climb.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Go to 4:40 - it's hype even through the silence.

Nah 5:02 is the best lol

I rented BB back in high school from Blockbuster

took it back within a few hours saying it didn't work and got Madden instead

Pretty sure you were not in highschool when BBCP came out. As I said in this thread over 100 times now by this point every mainline version is very different in feel and pace overall.

BB is good.

Really good.

Thanks for rec, fg gaf. Can't wait to get in some games!

BTW, what's the best or most common layout for BB on a six button fight pad or arcade stick?

I rented BB back in high school from Blockbuster

took it back within a few hours saying it didn't work and got Madden instead
Early BB sucked. This is much better, and only $13.50. Do it.

Nah 5:02 is the best lol
So good.

Also, when Hakumen does his Overdrive super, it makes the "mecha sword strike" sound from Gundam.

BB is good.

Really good.

BTW, what's the best or most common layout for BB on a six button fight pad or arcade stick?
No clue, but I like:
A B C
D

It keeps things "Street Fighter-esque" for me - I try to give all of my fighting games similar control schemes, or it messes me up.

Who are you liking?

Shun

BB is good.

Really good.

Well since you play on console do what is most comfortable for you.

I play a lot of 4-button layout games so this makes most sense to me.

Top is A, B, C
Bottom is D.

Alternatively, B. C, D
then A.

CRf9PKqUAAAIcXy.jpg

I do the former because it's how Gundam is played and it applies to a lot of other layouts in cabinets.

I play on console, but I play with a fight pad.

And uh, this game is good.

I got it as a sub game to SF, but it may have to become a main game alongside it.

ABC
D

should work for now. Thanks!

Shun

I play on console, but I play with a fight pad.

And uh, this game is good.

I got it as a sub game to SF, but it may have to become a main game alongside it.

ABC
D

should work for now. Thanks!

I've never use pad but whichever layout works best so that you can press the drive button easily.

You'll need to press AB for guards, BC for throws, ABCD for overdrive/burst. So whatever is most comfortable for you with or without shortcuts.

main_f.jpg

Shun

If Mai and Kajun get added to CentralFiction, I hope Mai is stance chara that switch between male and female form.

Also Cindi Mayweather you should pickup Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost on PS3.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My layout on a ps controller is

Square = A
Triangle = B
Circle = C
Cross = D

R1 = Throw
R2 = Barrier
L1 = Over Drive
L2 = ABC

If Mai and Kajun get added to CentralFiction, I hope Mai is stance chara that switch between male and female form.

Also Cindi Mayweather you should pickup Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost on PS3.
I need to finish Mai's story but I thought they were perma in girl form? I mean they even just start thinking about hooking up with a dude instead and living life as a girl LOL

miku

Well since you play on console do what is most comfortable for you.

I play a lot of 4-button layout games so this makes most sense to me.

Top is A, B, C
Bottom is D.

Alternatively, B. C, D
then A.

CRf9PKqUAAAIcXy.jpg

I do the former because it's how Gundam is played and it applies to a lot of other layouts in cabinets.

Only four waifus?

Shun

My layout on a ps controller is

Square = A
Triangle = B
Circle = C
Cross = D

R1 = Throw
R2 = Barrier
L1 = Over Drive
L2 = ABC

I need to finish Mai's story but I thought they were perma in girl form? I mean they even just start thinking about hooking up with a dude instead and living life as a girl LOL

For the time being she's stuck as a girl because of madoushou power requiring her to be female. It's BlazBlue, they might make new shit to mess with the fans. I just think having Mai being a stance character and that being the reason would be funny.

It plays off her confused sexuality and I would like some closure to her character development because she still is in limbo mentally.

Shun

Only four waifus?

No I am just Bullet/Noel main in BB and I play Ibuki exclusively in SF.

Arakune was just a funny button. I bought duplicates as spares and I'm just waiting for ASW to release Guilty Gear buttons in BlueRaji style. I want a Millia/Jam button because I play those two in GG, but I wouldn't mind a Faust/Valentines (Ramlethal/Elphelt/Jack-O) buttons either.

Anne

Just make sure you have a shoulder buttons assigned to let you barrier, RC, throw, and OD/Burst.

Also I just remembered BB won't let you see the connection strength of other people in the private lobbies -_- that makes netplaying even scarier.

I bought duplicates as spares

Good idea. All of my special buttons have broken at some point and I've had to replace them all except for one that broke too hard to fix. I'm fairly certain they're made weaker somehow and are just intended for promo use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom