• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel 3 would have been the most broken version of the versus series. The ideas they had still boggle my mind. Air dashes for every character, counter TAC's that can lead up to god knows how many TAC's in the air and now this. Capcom has to be working on some sort of versus game at the moment...

That last sentence doesn't match the rest of the paragraph

Dahbomb

Man that would have been so bad.
That would actually be vastly superior to the current system provided that hit stun scaling didn't reset if you tagged out and it only worked when you actually hit someone like a TAC.

We actually discussed this in great detail when it was first discovered like a few months back. Yeah the version they have is broken because instant tag in the neutral for one meter is broken. Generally characters have to spend 2 bars to tag out safely or risk raw tag or successfully land a combo or perform a cross over counter. Plus as you can tell, doing a fast tag like that in the neutral leads to some wacky shit.

Is BBCPEX online okay enough to play with you from europe? I have a good connection and you are all triggering me into buying it. Even if I fucking hate that this game put so many moves as command moves. :x

Also what Anne says about GG and BB is something I heard from BB players in the past. The argument was that GG things are way too nuts, characters are too crazy and the game isn't leveled between characters. This goal of making all things even in BB is what made me drop the series. Each time something a little bit out of the plan was discovered it was removed. Quite the opposite of GG where they made features from things people discovered.

Producer

That would actually be vastly superior to the current system provided that hit stun scaling didn't reset if you tagged out and it only worked when you actually hit someone like a TAC.

We actually discussed this in great detail when it was first discovered like a few months back. Yeah the version they have is broken because instant tag in the neutral for one meter is broken. Generally characters have to spend 2 bars to tag out safely or risk raw tag or successfully land a combo or perform a cross over counter. Plus as you can tell, doing a fast tag like that in the neutral leads to some wacky shit.

I mean with some tweaks it probably would have been good, but as it is right in that video, that would have been broken lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
Had to go eat lunch, but I tested out searching for the gaf lobby. This was a much smoother experience than Xrd lol

I'll rejoin when I'm done eating.

Dahbomb

I mean with some tweaks it probably would have been good, but as it is right in that video, that would have been broken lol.
Of course it would've been broken if it was EXACTLY like in the video (hence why it isn't an actual feature of the game). Just being able to tag for free in the neutral for 1 bar is too strong of an option in VS games when so many tools are balanced around being able to get in characters safely at a cost.

What I am saying is that it would've been a cool alternate TAC mechanic for the game. No more guessing games involved and it would still help characters like Frank West and Phoenix Wright level up.

Producer

Of course it would've been broken if it was EXACTLY like in the video (hence why it isn't an actual feature of the game). Just being able to tag for free in the neutral for 1 bar is too strong of an option in VS games when so many tools are balanced around being able to get in characters safely at a cost.

What I am saying is that it would've been a cool alternate TAC mechanic for the game. No more guessing games involved and it would still help characters like Frank West and Phoenix Wright level up.

Yeah it seems it was just an early idea that didnt get explored too much, shame since it definately would have been better than TAC.

.la1n

I thought the rumored versus game was confirmed to have been in some form of development along with Darkstalkers but both were canned?

Dahbomb

I thought the rumored versus game was confirmed to have been in some form of development along with Darkstalkers but both were canned?
Where is the source on this? First time I am hearing about a supposed VS game being in development then cancelled.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yams, dare to venture outside of Capcom games.

I need to see how much I have my in my account, I'm probably homeless right now lol

Well it wasn't a versus between another company, it was just Capcom characters facing off each other but since SFxTK flopped, CapCops got scared and cancelled it.

Went out to a fightsy game meetup today. Playing offline is the best. Got to play some DoA5, MKX and BBCPE.

I think i did alright. Tried to practice my stagger pressure and use back jump barrier more.

Made a guy get super salty about Celica's supposed 'gorilla normals' and 'broken overpowered DP' so must have done something right. >=3

Wanted to get complaints about her damage too but kept dropping afterburner loops =(

o/

LegatoB

I have no idea what I'm doing in 3/4ths of the matchups in BB, and Carl is definitely one of them. Kept brain farting on Koko's 3C -> 5A5A6A -> stuff followups, too. Guess I have to grind those out s'more. I still don't like this game nearly as much as most of the other airdashers but I feel like it's clicking with me better than it did before.

GGs guys. I felt a spark of insight toward the end, Beats. Also, a friendly fuck you for trying to time me out so many times. This is why I never main characters that can't hit at full screen. :p

Lobby closed?
Ack, sorry. I keep forgetting that leaving makes it close. :/

JeTmAn81

I feel really bad about using the glue mouse traps but I keep buying them because they're the cheapest ones. Mouse lovers should start subsidizing the humane ones so I can buy them for 99 cents.

notworksafe

Spent the last two days fucking with my Naomi cabinet again after like a four month break. Changed like one power input setting and I could immediately get my GDROM to boot, which was the problem frustrating me months ago. Slightly salty that it took about 3 seconds worth of changes to get the damn thing working after it was giving so much trouble, but whatever.

Toss CVS2 in the GDROM drive to finally play it (the reason I got this cab in the first place) and get an error that either my laser or the entire GDROM drive needs to be replaced. Decided to say fuck it and just buy all the parts I need to just make a compact flash reader and play CVS2 that way (copy GDROM contents to CF card, use CVS2 security key -- no need for GDROM drive)

Sorry for the random rant but now I'm theoretically 1-2 weeks away from finally being able to play CVS2 on my giant cab, so I had to celebrate it somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom