• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel really bad about using the glue mouse traps but I keep buying them because they're the cheapest ones. Mouse lovers should start subsidizing the humane ones so I can buy them for 99 cents.

?

you can reuse the regular traps like dozens of times, unless a mouse goes too ham and breaks the trap with its neck

glue traps are wasteful on top of being cruel as fuck, and releasing the mice again just makes someone else's house miserable.

Beats

GGs guys. I felt a spark of insight toward the end, Beats. Also, a friendly fuck you for trying to time me out so many times. This is why I never main characters that can't hit at full screen. :p

Good games. I need to look up more damaging combos for Izayoi.

Sorry about the timeouts and attempted timeouts haha. Just didn't really see a reason to approach when I had the life lead. : p

This thing is a VN? What the hell. I don't know who any of these characters are and the game isn't explaining why they're important. Where do I start in story mode?

Two games ago.

Reading a wiki might be easier I guess, but a lot of the stuff that happens is based on the character development established throughout the two previous titles.

Shun

Don't forget the tv anime, the books, the manga, the drama cd, the XBlaze visual novels, and the weekly radio show and more!

...what have you guys got me into?

I just did my first online match. He got two perfects. I have no clue what I'm doing. It's so much faster than Street Fighter...I don't remember GGXX being this fast either.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Don't forget the tv anime, the books, the manga, the drama cd, the XBlaze visual novels, and the weekly radio show and more!

Hahaha you dont really need any of that for BBCPE's story.

Just the prologue in BBCSE and the true end of BBCSE

That should get you by in a quick and easy way. Though some of the side characters you will be a bit blank on. BBCP's story goes into a lot more detail on stuff over all compared to the other games.

Edit: lol I remember some people in here trying to say BB was slower than SF4

LegatoB

I just did my first online match. He got two perfects. I have no clue what I'm doing. It's so much faster than Street Fighter...I don't remember GGXX being this fast either.
I think GGXX and BB are pretty comparable in game speed!

But, yes, you're definitely in for a Wild Ride if you're coming in out of Street Fighter.

shaowebb

Shit...just got home and my computer won't start. Looks like my power supply is dead now. So much for dolphin 😧
Oh well at least theres the tablet for intenet and I backed my shit up already.

Tularensis

Neo Member
Finally back home. After lunch, I'm going to see how much BB I've forgotten.

Obviously not much. Good games man, I really need to play you some more to tighten up my defense. Also, could you offer some pointers? I know a lot of my problems are still based on a lack of familiarity with the game, but if there's anything you saw that I'm not doing, or doing too much then it'd help a ton to strengthen my game.

Don't play randoms in a new game. You'll just get wrecked and discouraged.

BB story mode is lolz. You're coming in at the ass-end of things, too.

Hahaha you dont really need any of that for BBCPE's story.

Just the prologue in BBCSE and the true end of BBCSE

That should get you by in a quick and easy way. Though some of the side characters you will be a bit blank on. BBCP's story goes into a lot more detail on stuff over all compared to the other games.

Edit: lol I remember some people in here trying to say BB was slower than SF4
SF4 players...

Luna has multiple personality disorder? Is that right?
Tri-souled.

Can someone show me the ropes of BB and help me adjust?

Psn: ScrubLi
I would, but my son is asleep. Q is good at training folks. So is Rhapsody.

That's okay. I haven't played SF online in a few days because my internet modem has been acting up and I'm having the company send a new one. So I'm spending my time studying matches and in the lab instead. Going through BB tutorial mode and training mode as well. Need to concentrate on training more than actually fighting.

That's okay. I haven't played SF online in a few days because my internet modem has been acting up and I'm having the company send a new one. So I'm spending my time studying matches and in the lab instead. Going through BB tutorial mode and training mode as well. Need to concentrate on training more than actually fighting.
Make sure to watch videos of your characters being played, too. Especially in BB.

Personally, I also adore frame data...

Rhapsody

Banned
Obviously not much. Good games man, I really need to play you some more to tighten up my defense. Also, could you offer some pointers? I know a lot of my problems are still based on a lack of familiarity with the game, but if there's anything you saw that I'm not doing, or doing too much then it'd help a ton to strengthen my game.

GGs! You didn't do too bad on picking up the things I did which was good, especially as Izayoi.

On a beginning level, you seemed to do fine. I'd say after barriering, to try and escape by jumping (and barriering) or even backdashing out with Azrael. Be careful when Izayoi ends a combo midscreen with her upward slash DP. It sets up a safe jump. So if you neutral tech in place, don't press any buttons or DP.

I'd suggest looking up more Azrael stuff from players like Zekuso/Zexo. Try to pay attention to how they end combos and what they do after. I feel like you could've won more if you kept my characters in place more.
Can someone show me the ropes of BB and help me adjust?

Psn: ScrubLi

I'm eating dinner right now but afterwards I can play. Not sure if that would exactly help you if it might be too overwhelming or if you're fine with that.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Who's winning capcup? where dem fantasy brackets?

Inflitration.

I'm still new to frame data and admit I don't know how to read it..

Its kind of odd but there are three phases to it, start up frames, hit frames and recovery frames. There are airborne and invincibility (to projectiles or normals) as well but for the most part when you are starting out, you want to understand the first three with your main character.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Inflitration probably has a counter pick for every player that is in top 32. The man pulled out an Abel and Juri on Momochi and almost won. I'm pretty sure no one can stop him at this point. Granted, after that, its all up in the air. By the way, which of you folks is going to NEC?

Good games. I need to look up more damaging combos for Izayoi.

Sorry about the timeouts and attempted timeouts haha. Just didn't really see a reason to approach when I had the life lead. : p
It's all good. We both need better combos. I am going to practice some of those TOD Hakumen combos next.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you think about Floe is all esports these days. Playing MMORPGs, dubstep music in the background and a billion things on the screen.

Infiltration and Momochi are the safest pick to win it all. Of course I would like to see Snake Eyes or somebody but everything is all up to the brackets and how they show up.

How is Infiltration a safe pick to win it all? He never wins tournaments of this caliber. Not in years. He is a consistent placer but not a consistent winner. His counter picking doesn't work enough to beat multiple real heavy hitters in the top 16.

Lulubop

It's been awhile since I've seen infil in tournament, idk if I'd put him above Nemo's JP top 5. Poongko at CPTA impressed me most of any recent play.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
How is Infiltration a safe pick to win it all? He never wins tournaments of this caliber. Not in years. He is a consistent placer but not a consistent winner. His counter picking doesn't work enough to beat multiple real heavy hitters in the top 16.

You wanna back that up? I'm willing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom