• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spuck-uk

Banned
BBCF Rachel is actually... really good. I like this version of Rachel a lot, even without pumpkin.

I really like what they've done with Bullet, she's constantly just bouncing fools off walls now, its glorious. And they gave her a meterless command grab at last, woop!

petghost

Banned
from what ive noticed, 3d games have increased emphasis on frame data. like when i think of VF i think of a game where the whole premise is based off the situations/mind games that result from frame advantage and disadvantage. there arent a lot of punishable moves and something like a blocked elbow implies so many different potential outcomes... its quite different to 2d games in a way i think. so much of the game takes place in those moments of frame advantage/disadvantage.

I basically explained to Cindi how to read frame data, what it means, when it's useful (understanding what can be punished and with what based on numbers), the problems with over reliance (hitboxes not taken into account being something major) and that it should only be used when learning matchups/how to deal with something unfamiliar.

That pretty much covers what's most important at the core of frame data right?

I also explained it can be used to see what combos, but that's been pretty exhausted in sf4 right now so that's not as important to focus on for now.
Combos are iffy, just because some games use hitstun degradation or variance in their mechanics (Marvel/BlazBlue and Smash, respectively).

DunpealD

Combos are iffy, just because some games use hitstun degradation or variance in their mechanics (Marvel/BlazBlue and Smash, respectively).

That's not much of a problem i think. Because the games you mention are juggle heavy and have things like chains and magic series.

Zyrox

Ah, good games.

Who's the Az, btw? 'fess up.

Sorry for the late reply, wasn't near my laptop. I was the (Day 2 scrub) Az. Fun games to you two. Never fought Celica before, so I had no clue what you were doing lol
Didn't expect that I could absorb the whole super laser with Growler. That was neat.

Also, when I'm close to Tager I should probably jump/dash more. Those Genesic Emerald Tager Busters hurt >_>

Numb

Sorry for the late reply, wasn't near my laptop. I was the (Day 2 scrub) Az. Fun games to you two. Never fought Celica before, so I had no clue what you were doing lol
Didn't expect that I could absorb the whole super laser with Growler. That was neat.

Also, when I'm close to Tager I should probably jump/dash more. Those Genesic Emerald Tager Busters hurt >_>

GGs. Should do moe often
If i could do SPDs all day i would :)
Cure to my fever

shaowebb

WOO! Compy is all fixed now and the dude I went to tuned it up so good that I went from chugging on TvC on Dolphin at min settings to FLYING on max! My compy was apparently jacked all over from the various things I've had to put it through on its settings and shit was conflicting like mad everywhere. That plus some bios work, and some major updates across stuff and now I'm doin great.

Time to enjoy HD TVC!
I really like what they've done with Bullet, she's constantly just bouncing fools off walls now, its glorious. And they gave her a meterless command grab at last, woop!

Wait...what?! Hold up, TVC can wait. Bullet and Trinity were all I used in CTE and Bullet got meterless grabs? What else changed because I loved the little grappler that could before she had tools. Is she good now?

Shun

Does anyone here play Shirogane in P4U2?

I've been hitting a wall with her and struggling to improve. I tried looking up videos of Denpa playing and asking Denpa for advice but I just have had trouble improving with her. I should set aside more time playing P4U2...

Rhapsody

Banned
Does anyone here play Shirogane in P4U2?

I've been hitting a wall with her and struggling to improve. I tried looking up videos of Denpa playing and asking Denpa for advice but I just have had trouble improving with her. I should set aside more time playing P4U2...

I tried to use her as of late. Not with the greatest of results though lol. Then I started working on Marie instead.

Is there anything going on with P4A, or anything expected in terms of updates?

I wonder if they're working on P4A3 alongside P5's release window.

Shun

I tried to use her as of late. Not with the greatest of results though lol. Then I started working on Marie instead.

I guess there isn't anyone else who main her here considering how harder she is to play compared to the rest of the cast.

I play Aegis too for fun but I want to focus on Naoto most since she's probably the most fun for me. I should try to find other strong players other than Denpa. I know Denpa plays at MAXIM HERO and there are pretty strong ASW players there.

CurlyW

So I don't watch wrestling, but a lot of people on my timeline are saying something about a Xavier Woods PhD name-dropping Final Round and Evo on a RAW, or something along those lines.

Numb

So I don't watch wrestling, but a lot of people on my timeline are saying something about a Xavier Woods PhD name-dropping Final Round and Evo on a RAW, or something along those lines.
New day are the best
I3lnCZS.gif

Dude on the left. Loves games and has a channel for it.
upupdowndown

I got to meet the New Day earlier this year and Kofi and Xavier chatted about MKX, EVO and the tournament scene. Kofi was wearing a Kintaro shirt. It's awesome they're being themselves on camera now.

you know how stream monsters are like gross worse versions of regular people?

r/kappa are the stream monsters of stream monsters

I still don't know exactly what a stream monster is. I've been mostly interested in just playing the games than streaming, I admit.

Am I stream monster because I'm watching the Capcom Pro Tour Asia qualifiers now?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'll take you up on that.

This is boring, I was hoping for more folks.

New day are the best
I3lnCZS.gif

Dude on the left. Loves games and has a channel for it.
upupdowndown

The pop off from his E. Honda against Miz was hilarious. Granted, he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing.

Someone explain r/kappa.

Why are the girl butts at the top? Because of the R. Mika thing? For real?

Is that a serious question? I thought you already knew the hell that an FGC chat was. Its all about the thirst and weird fetishes. I went into a invite only chat for poverty monsters and that pretty much stopped me from going on chats forever. Granted, there's nothing wrong in appreciating someone's physique, they just take it to another level and don't give a fuck.

I still don't know exactly what a stream monster is. I've been mostly interested in just playing the games than streaming, I admit.

Am I stream monster because I'm watching the Capcom Pro Tour Asia qualifiers now?

Stream monsters are people who just watch and don't play, if I'm understanding correctly. Stay away from the chat and identifying yourself, you'll be doing yourself a huge favor.

It began as a term describing people who don't show up to events/locals and only participate via watching streams (back when that was actually a crazy notion for the FGC), and generally evolved to describe people who don't contribute anything to the community while being toxic online.

Numb

You are one for posting in this thread. Look at the title. They watch alot and play less.
Twitch FGC chat is a crazy place.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
from what ive noticed, 3d games have increased emphasis on frame data. like when i think of VF i think of a game where the whole premise is based off the situations/mind games that result from frame advantage and disadvantage. there arent a lot of punishable moves and something like a blocked elbow implies so many different potential outcomes... its quite different to 2d games in a way i think. so much of the game takes place in those moments of frame advantage/disadvantage.
yup this is correct, wasting frames and attacking at disadvantage is certainly part of the game at high levels but for the most part youre on the money

Is that a serious question? I thought you already knew the hell that an FGC chat was. Its all about the thirst and weird fetishes. I went into a invite only chat for poverty monsters and that pretty much stopped me from going on chats forever. Granted, there's nothing wrong in appreciating someone's physique, they just take it to another level and don't give a fuck.

I don't participate in the streaming thing much. I actually play games.

Mi4XVUt.gif

Seriously though, I've felt I never had to stream or join a chat. Youtube is a great resource for seeing past streams so I can watch pros. The only thing I've streamed is EVO. Capcom Cup will be my first fgc major that's not EVO.

As for chats, I generally try to ignore them in general, especially when someone black or a woman is there because I know gamers, and I know how they're going to respond. Especially in a post-gamergate world, I have even less reason to become a part of any chat.

Also, you have to take into account that I'm still new to the community. I literally only started branching out into the community with this thread. This thread is my first exposure to the larger fgc.

Numb

The pop off from his E. Honda against Miz was hilarious. Granted, he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing.

Gootecks teaching him a decade's worth of knowledge quick and cleanlyis still impressive. Props to Gootecks. Needs his own teaching channel
Teach me Gootecks-sensei
Even Xavier noticed. Rusev was awesome too even if they didn't know exactly how to play.

Gootecks teaching him a decade's worth of knowledge quick and cleanlyis still impressive. Props to Gootecks. Needs his own teaching channel
Teach me Gootecks-sensei
Even Xavier noticed. Rusev was awesome too even if they didn't know exactly how to play.

Gootecks has a great SF guide. I'm reading through it now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Twitch chat became absolute garbage after the one Fanatiq fiasco. And it doesn't help a lot of streamers cater to them. It's a mutual thing. Stream monsters pay their bills so they get to do whatever they please.

LegatoB

It was never supposed to come out on consoles for a variety of reasons that were leaked a bit back. It was the worst kept secret ever.
Was it something silly like "we want to wait until Persona 5 is coming out so we can release it for publicity?" Or "actually, we really do hate our foreign fans, we're not just playing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom