• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

2.0 actually made it a proper game right? :p

The game has been good for some time, 2.0 just cleaned up some stuff and made shadows really good. I've stopped actively following/playing the game at this point, the whole ending console support early and the game not having a scene anymore has basically made it pointless.

Didn't know that. Do you remember what the reasons were?

Supposedly ASW pushed it out on arcade of their own accord and to release it on console would be out of contract with AtlusxASW at the point in time it needed to come out. I can't say that is 100% true but there are a lot of reliable sources that follow a narrative of that sort. The "maybe we'll release it" thing probably has something to do with them talking to Atlus about stuff.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Seriously though, I've felt I never had to stream or join a chat. Youtube is a great resource for seeing past streams so I can watch pros. The only thing I've streamed is EVO. Capcom Cup will be my first fgc major that's not EVO.

As for chats, I generally try to ignore them in general, especially when someone black or a woman is there because I know gamers, and I know how they're going to respond. Especially in a post-gamergate world, I have even less reason to become a part of any chat.

Also, you have to take into account that I'm still new to the community. I literally only started branching out into the community with this thread. This thread is my first exposure to the larger fgc.

People usually start watching video/streams but I can see why now, you just stayed with videos. You don't have anything entertaining to see from chats either way. There are some female FGC'ers that have established themselves within the FGC pretty damn well, even against all the opposition. Granted, people are two faced and don't even attempt to be a stream monster offline while in tournaments so I don't make too many friends in tournaments cause of how vile it can be at times.

Gootecks teaching him a decade's worth of knowledge quick and cleanlyis still impressive. Props to Gootecks. Needs his own teaching channel
Teach me Gootecks-sensei
Even Xavier noticed. Rusev was awesome too even if they didn't know exactly how to play.

I want gootecks to teach me lol

/r/kappa keeps all my favorite content on one subreddit so i don't have to hunt it down.

He's back and this is his comment of the day.

Yeah... it's at least working better for me than Naoto at the moment. Coming from Narukami, it's such an interesting experience lol

A lot of skills carry over. It's just everything's not free and I have to work for it, haha.
well I main Marie if you need tips

2.0 actually made it a proper game right? :p
I genuinely didnt want 2.0 to make it to consoles...Marie being worse and shadow shenanigans being the entire game is not appealing to me at all, and P4U was my main fighter for a while

Negaduck

I still don't know exactly what a stream monster is. I've been mostly interested in just playing the games than streaming, I admit.

Am I stream monster because I'm watching the Capcom Pro Tour Asia qualifiers now?

Iplaywinner actually has an okay glossary, it probably hasn't been updated in a while I would guess, but has some actual fighting game terms and slang also (including both stream monster and pot monster)

Check it out here

Tripon

Someone explain r/kappa.

Why are the girl butts at the top? Because of the R. Mika thing? For real?

It's basically this, except replace Neogaf with /r/kappa.
LaxtSWW.png

Rhapsody

Banned
Supposedly ASW pushed it out on arcade of their own accord and to release it on console would be out of contract with AtlusxASW at the point in time it needed to come out. I can't say that is 100% true but there are a lot of reliable sources that follow a narrative of that sort. The "maybe we'll release it" thing probably has something to do with them talking to Atlus about stuff.
I'll be surprised if it ever did happen. If the rumors about the whole problem was true, I'd be surprised for someone to renegotiate after burning bridges like that.
well I main Marie if you need tips

Thanks, I'll ask if I need anything.

I see. Assuming this is really the case then I wonder why Atlus would be against them releasing 2.0 on consoles.

Anne

I'll be surprised if it ever did happen. If the rumors about the whole problem was true, I'd be surprised for someone to renegotiate after burning bridges like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some other element to this we don't know about that would make it happen or held back the release to the point it got like that. I don't want to name call too many people, but when it comes to anime fighters you can get a lot of leaky info really easily if you belong to the right clique or just know where to look. Unfortunately, we never really get the clearest picture.

Edit: And I'm not like violating any trade info I was given in confidence or anything like that. Literally the entire upper end of the anime scene is fed monstrous amounts of leaks all the time that spread around in various forms or another.

Twitch chat became absolute garbage after the one Fanatiq fiasco. And it doesn't help a lot of streamers cater to them. It's a mutual thing. Stream monsters pay their bills so they get to do whatever they please.

I'm glad that he basically dropped off the face of the earth after that fucking terrible money match fiasco where he tried to get away with paying half of the owed funds later via paypal.

People usually start watching video/streams but I can see why now, you just stayed with videos. You don't have anything entertaining to see from chats either way. There are some female FGC'ers that have established themselves within the FGC pretty damn well, even against all the opposition. Granted, people are two faced and don't even attempt to be a stream monster offline while in tournaments so I don't make too many friends in tournaments cause of how vile it can be at times.

That sucks. Tourneys and locals seem like a great place to make friends. :( I'd like to have friends to go with me to tournaments when I think I'm ready.

Anne

That sucks. Tourneys and locals seem like a great place to make friends. :( I'd like to have friends to go with me to tournaments when I think I'm ready.

There are a lot of good people too though. Just be smart. I do have to say to avoid the bad just use common sense you'd use in any scenario with strangers, like "con rules" or "party rules".

I'm by far the most critical person on this board about this stuff and I have to admit really nasty incidents are isolated.

Rhapsody

Banned
Anne needs to be silenced.

I mean, Anne's right though. Some of the rumors Anne has mentioned are things I've heard leaked here and there.
I just don't talk to enough of the community to bother and confirm it, but I usually hear it pop up again elsewhere.

Lots of those grapevines everywhere.

So it's not like all the rumors are coming from Anne :p

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Already taken
0.jpg

This is official lol

I remember that show they had lol, let me share some of my gold with you:

HHXbZ5w.gif

Oh it is, locals are too. Just gotta be careful with who you befriend, that's all. Frequent goers to tournaments are cool people since you see them pretty frequently throughout the year of traveling. Also, there isn't a "ready" time if you're talking about skills, the earlier you get in, the better. You develop less obvious habits and adapt to the high caliber of players there, luckily you got some decent folks who play with you regularly so it shouldn't be too bad.

I mean, Anne's right though. Some of the rumors Anne has mentioned are things I've heard leaked here and there.
I just don't talk to enough of the community to bother and confirm it, but I usually hear it pop up again elsewhere.

Lots of those grapevines everywhere.

So it's not like all the rumors are coming from Anne :p

I was being sarcastic but yeah lol

There are a lot of good people too though. Just be smart. I do have to say to avoid the bad just use common sense you'd use in any scenario with strangers, like "con rules" or "party rules".

I'm by far the most critical person on this board about this stuff and I have to admit really nasty incidents are isolated.

Any stories? What are some rules you generally have?

Anne

Common sense. Keep your stuff on you, don't go anywhere with somebody you don't know and trust, don't accept drinks from people you don't know you can trust, etc.

It's the types of stuff you should just know about being anywhere really. If you've ever been to a con it's a lot like that.

Common sense. Keep your stuff on you, don't go anywhere with somebody you don't know and trust, don't accept drinks from people you don't know you can trust, etc.

It's the types of stuff you should just know about being anywhere really.

Oh, that shit. Of course.

notworksafe

everyone complaining about tournament atmosphere should work to improve their local fgc if you're really seeing problems like that at events

notworksafe

We try and most locals aren't too bad :> when things get bigger though it is harder sometimes orz.

yeah i know how that goes. it helps that the core scene here (15-20 folks) are all friends and are willing to help out and keep bad behavior in line at events. that's not something that is as common as it should be in most cities.

of course building up a solid, welcoming community as much as we have took years of work but it has paid off in spades. that's why i always press people to get working at it, the effort put in will come back out.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Only time I was a match away to get out of pools was at APEX so I remember this day like the back of my hand. I was playing casuals and doing FT10's with a bunch of folks since it was a low number of marvel players, but the concentration of good players was ridiculous. At the time I was using a converter to play marvel with my PS3 controller and I have seen other people use the same converter every now and then. Some dude walks up to me and ask if he could borrow it real quick for a set, I thought about it and was about to say yes but I decided to be selfish and say no since I wanted to play my casuals without being held down from this guy borrowing it. Give 2 hours later, another dude walks up to me asking if he could borrow my converter, I was playing with Marlinpie and I told him no, same as the other guy. He then explained his situation saying that he had the same converter and some dude asked him to let him borrow it and thought that dude gave it to me to borrow. In a nutshell, he was accusing me of stealing his converter, which offended me and wanted to smack the face off of this guy since he wouldn't back off, probably planning to take it back and not give it to me if I did let him borrow it. I told the guy that every person in the marvel section saw me with this converter since the beginning of the day since I was the only guy who had one. He backed off then told me that can't be the case, Marlin backed me up and so did various others. Then I just told him he shouldn't be lending his stuff out to people he doesn't know and I bet you it was that same dude who asked me if he could borrow the converter. Don't let people borrow your stuff and don't take out your wallet, phone, etc. while in a match, I see way too many people doing this during casuals and leaving it behind, luckily most of the times I've seen it happen, we just call the person back to pick it up. Just grab a sports bag and throw it all in there and keep it on you 24/7, people are really sneaky when you leave it on the floor. Granted, like 80% of people know better and aren't horrible.

95% of FGC event thefts solved!

Don't do salty suites in your room too, it was happening in the room I was staying and luckily hotel security came up and told us to stop cause of a complaint. Never let any person you don't know personally into your room, which is basically common sense but it is a tournament so casuals are bound to happen.

petghost

Banned
It's sucks p4u is tied to another company's franchise cuz that's my fave modern arcsys game. Would of loved for asw to be able to do whatever they want with it and iterate on it forever.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Don't do salty suites in your room too, it was happening in the room I was staying and luckily hotel security came up and told us to stop cause of a complaint. Never let any person you don't know personally into your room, which is basically common sense but it is a tournament so casuals are bound to happen.

Pft, speak for yourself.

notworksafe

lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Pft, speak for yourself.

The salty suite you held at CEO was godlike man, granted, everyone and their mother rubbed std's all over over the two beds that were in the room, me included. It kinda sucked that I somehow brought down Chris G in that tournament since I was the one who told, convinced and brought him to that salty suite against FullSchedule (which he win convincingly) and then lost to him in tournament... I'm sorry Chris ;_;

Shouta

Yams passing on his losing germs to Chris G.

I only let my friends into my room at tournaments aside from a few exceptions like at Evo where I let some Smash folks watch the Melee finals and at Final Round where I basically had half the JP contingent at the event ready to sleep in my room on Saturday night, lol.

Shouta

Actually best suite I've been to was the one Rentahamster and the Hawaii crew had at Evo. like 5-6 Ultra setups, snacks, drinks, and all that. Reiketsu scarfed down pizza so fast, lol.

Anne

salty suites suck. I hate the rooms with a million dudes on like two setups.

Same. Stewing in a 100 degree room where I can't move and everything smells like literal ass to wait forever on one set up is not my idea of a fun night.

If the suite is actually good that's another different story, but that is one in a million.

notworksafe

Actually best suite I've been to was the one Rentahamster and the Hawaii crew had at Evo. like 5-6 Ultra setups, snacks, drinks, and all that. Reiketsu scarfed down pizza so fast, lol.

that was an amazing suite for sure! the colorado anime suite was really cool too.

They're my favorite part too but I greatly prefer smaller rooms with personal friends I don't get to hang out with often because we're not from the same region. Maybe a couple other people I really want to play too but not the huge groups where you're going to get no games and can't hear anything.

I'm big on not letting a bunch of people in the room to sleep either. Fuck those rooms where hella dudes are sleeping on the floor and hell no to anyone I am not friends with. I want to actually sleep.

I went to BB training for 2 hours tonight with Hakumen. Oh man, I'm beat. I started by thinking I would master an OD combo, but I can't do j.214B, AD, j.2C, 5C for the life of me. That j.2C into 5C link is really, really finicky. From 30 minutes of grinding the series I can get it maybe 25% of the time - I might have to go with a slightly less optimal OD combo because of that.

Then I decided to see what I can get off of a 3C counterhit. What the hell. The first thing I figured out is that you can do 3C (CH), 2B, 214A, 623A, 2C, j.B, j.2A, jc, j.B, j.2A, 214A. That does about 3100 damage for 3 magatama off of a sweep counterhit (which originally does 1200) - not a bad damage increase.

Then I thought "Hum, what else can I do after that 623A"? Turns out I can do 623A, 41236C, into the same combo - maxes out at ~5700 damage with 8 magatama used. Holy shit, that's like 2/3rds of someone's life bar off of a sweep in the neutral, and I get those all the time. Then I realized that instead of 41236C, I can 5C. Then I realized that I can 5C, 5C if I am really fast. Then I realized that I can 5C, OD cancel, 5C, 41236C, 632146C for around 6000 damage. Finally, exasperated by all these options, I went to Dustloop, and found that after 3C counterhit, most Hakumen players go 236B, 214A. Holy shit, I wasn't even starting off with the same inputs. The combo fluidity Hakumen has is on a Marvel level - I am completely blown away by all of these options. It's like a combo maze in here (note: I actually dislike grinding out different combo options to find out what's optimal, but this is still impressive).

I bet I could OD into Mugen from the first 5C cancel. I'm done for the night. If I play tomorrow, I'll be happy with the 5K confirm for now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I went to BB training for 2 hours tonight with Hakumen. Oh man, I'm beat. I started by thinking I would master an OD combo, but I can't do j.214B, AD, j.2C, 5C for the life of me. That j.2C into 5C link is really, really finicky. From 30 minutes of grinding the series I can get it maybe 25% of the time - I might have to go with a slightly less optimal OD combo because of that.

Then I decided to see what I can get off of a 3C counterhit. What the hell. The first thing I figured out is that you can do 3C (CH), 2B, 214A, 623A, 2C, j.B, j.2A, jc, j.B, j.2A, 214A. That does about 3100 damage for 3 magatama off of a sweep counterhit (which originally does 1200) - not a bad damage increase.

Then I thought "Hum, what else can I do after that 623A"? Turns out I can do 623A, 41236C, into the same combo - maxes out at ~5700 damage with 8 magatama used. Holy shit, that's like 2/3rds of someone's life bar off of a sweep in the neutral, and I get those all the time. Then I realized that instead of 41236C, I can 5C. Then I realized that I can 5C, 5C if I am really fast. Then I realized that I can 5C, OD cancel, 5C, 41236C, 632146C for around 6000 damage. Finally, exasperated by all these options, I went to Dustloop, and found that after 3C counterhit, most Hakumen players go 236B, 214A. Holy shit, I wasn't even starting off with the same inputs. The combo fluidity Hakumen has is on a Marvel level - I am completely blown away by all of these options. It's like a combo maze in here (note: I actually dislike grinding out different combo options to find out what's optimal, but this is still impressive).

I bet I could OD into Mugen from the first 5C cancel. I'm done for the night. If I play tomorrow, I'll be happy with the 5K confirm for now.
Mak's OD stuff is a similar level of crazy now that the D hits are cancelable into specials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom