• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMP was something they created to prevent loops that certain moves would allow. Its a bit of a hamfisted approach (and they removed it from BBCF) but once you realize which of your moves cause it its easy to avoid

sometimes you will just end combos with the SMP attack like with bullet 623B has SMP, but you can do (this could be wrong since I havent played bullet much, but it gets the gist)

2A > 2B > 5B > 5C > 5D > 623B > 22D > 3C > 5D > 623D

The second 623D will get SMP'd and your combo will end, but it works as a finisher

Kikirin

In BB, is using the same move in a combo disadvantageous? A few times the game has said "Same Move Combo", or something like that, while I'm messing with loops. Does it destroy the proration?

Generally speaking, yes. It's worth noting that Same Move Proration in CP/CPE seems to affect only hit stun decay, i.e., hit stun is greatly deteriorated to the point that the opponent can recover earlier than anticipated. See Anne's wiki link for more info. For CF, I've heard that SMP affects damage rather than combo duration.

With that said, you can definitely leverage that property to your advantage for resets and tech traps.

I am mid 30's yet am friends with 18-24 year olds through fighting games. Kind of weird when I think about it.

Being 30+ in the FGC

d2568ddbc1c1e02b6c97318623fbcadd.jpg

it all depends on what you wear though brehs

as long as you don't wear durags and have neon colored fightsticks with anime figures on it, no reason to feel weird.

I am in my 30s as well. It doesn't feel weird to me at gatherings. I am just there to play games and the light socializing is around that. We ain't trying to hang out later or anything. I got work tomorrow, breh.

Kumubou

I don't feel that weird being at local FG events, even though I'm definitely among the older people there. It probably helps that this group of people have been around for a while and that there's a fairly even spread of people within that age group. I think it's going to be less of an issue over time, but even the first generation has a fair bit of time before they're playing ST in retirement homes.

FGC meme t-shirts and cargo shorts
I can't even comment on this, as I'm wearing a Team NAH shirt at work. -_-

Anyone else try to get into SF5 beta? Mine updated last night.

Also get off my lawn young people. 20 year olds are can be obnoxious but at least a lot of them at work are motivated, and easy to work with. Still weirds me out that their first game systems are the GBA or GameCube.

Tik-Tok

Just turned 35. Will out drink, out party and out play all of you. What's good young bloods?

my brother says if you got the confidence to rock it you can make anything you wear seem cool.

i only wear the most fashionable clothes and styles at the local meetups. also i always make it a habit to keep my pinky up while playing.

yxO7pd4zpTz2.gif

notworksafe

it all depends on what you wear though brehs

as long as you don't wear durags and have neon colored fightsticks with anime figures on it, no reason to feel weird.

in the last couple years i've been keeping it lazy af. gym shorts to 90% of fgc meetups. i did recently replace my neon pink Poison stick as my main though so at least that's something.

BadWolf

Turned 30 this year as well and loving it :p

Switching gears up a bit from the gloom, the second half of this week will be so hype.

First there are the game awards (with MK reveals?), followed by the Sony conference and KOFXIV's first location test, and then Capcom Cup on Sunday for the glorious finish.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn y'all old as fuck.

I'm 23 and the leash on my graphic tees has never been tighter, especially now that I have to network. I did wear 'em to the Torykens tho.

Grakl

Turned 30 this year as well and loving it :p

Switching gears up a bit from the gloom, the second half of this week will be so hype.

First there are the game awards (with MK reveals?), followed by the Sony conference and KOFXIV's first location test, and then Capcom Cup on Sunday for the glorious finish.

Capcom Cup hella hype, real glad it's not right before finals, perfect timing tbh

I figure Infiltration or Momochi will win, pulling for Poongko and Daigo in top 4 though. Infiltration is my favorite player right now, so I may be biased

Nightii

Banned
25 years old, and unless I'm at work you will see me wearing plain t-shirts (not memes, pictures or much of anything), jeans and boots, ALWAYS. Dull, perhaps, but I vastly prefer not standing out.

I play with basic game controllers (Dualshock and 360 Controller and Wii U Pro Controller), and once I am ready to buy my first stick, it will the plainest looking one possible.

Are you getting the Critical Hit with Hawk Baker? You have to be really close, point blank. The opponent should like flash red when you get it right.

Here https://youtu.be/2TMeVzQLRGE?t=6m25s you can see how the two different version hit at that point in time in the video.

Going back to this, I'm still not 100% sure how I'm supposed to get the critical hawk baker. Searching it up, it says that I have to hit them with the central part of the body of the attack.. meaning just to very close?

Going back to this, I'm still not 100% sure how I'm supposed to get the critical hawk baker. Searching it up, it says that I have to hit them with the central part of the body of the attack.. meaning just to very close?
Yeah pretty sure the easiest way to do it is just to just be right next to them.

Wish I knew this before :/ thanks

lol

Wish that video was 60 FPS, kind of hard to get a good example of it because of missing frames

thisisreallyhard3wsuw.jpg

Like you should be able to get it consistently from Elk Hunt because of how close it puts you next to the opponent. Unfortunately even a small delay can apparently cause them to fly far away enough that you might not get the critical hit.

lol

Wish that video was 60 FPS, kind of hard to get a good example of it because of missing frames

thisisreallyhard3wsuw.jpg

Like you should be able to get it consistently from Elk Hunt because of how close it puts you next to the opponent. Unfortunately even a small delay can apparently cause them to fly far away enough that you might not get the critical hit.

Yea I was mostly trying it from 6H and varying ranges.Makes sense now though

Skilletor

I'm 34. Was playing GG with a friend the other day who is a bit younger, reacted to something and he was like, "You can't have reactions like that. You're old."

Would have felt bad, but I was too busy winning.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I was asked the other day when shopping for groceries if I qualified for a seniors discount.

I'm 35. Felt bad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom