• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO_Andy

lmao what
60ade0f3jw1eosu5wyzx0j218g0p07c0.jpg
underneath the V

Some folks on the main forum are speculating Tifa showing up in SFV. I would very much like that.

Has Die ever faced off against any pro level Evil Roos?

Do not want. I say this as somebody who loves the idea of guest characters appearing in Indivisible.

I don't want guest characters in my fighting games.

Rhapsody

Banned
How do folks record off of cabs?

They'd need to get permission from the arcade owners. I remember that's how we got recorded KoFXII and XIII stuff recorded.

Either way, the good stuff you'll be seeing will most likely be posted from Japan. Especially since more people are collaborating ideas.

I'm fine with guest characters...but only to a point.

Tifa is...questionable.

I only like guest characters if they permanently become part of Street Fighter. Like Cody, Poison, etc...

edit: Also the characters need to look like they fit SF. Not some Cloud anime bullshit that would look better in Guilty Gear.

notworksafe

slurpees have carbonation?!

yup

Machines to make frozen beverages were invented by Omar Knedlik in the late 1950s. The idea for a slushed ice drink came when Knedlik's soda fountain broke down, forcing him to put his sodas in a freezer to stay cool, which caused them to become slushy. The result was popular with customers, which gave him the idea to make a machine to help make a "slushy" from carbonated beverages.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slurpee

James Chen and Hamad were having an argument today about counterpicking and best of 3 format.

Do you guys think counterpicking is "hype as fuck"? Are character locked tournaments more interesting?

Where can I hear it?

I think counter picking should be valid. I think they're pretty hype. Infiltration at EVO made a good case for em. It seems these days no one has a strict main, so disallow counter picks?

notworksafe

i enjoy basic shit too. i'd be happy playing a modern, good port of ST for the rest of my life. but sfv does feel a bit different. to me it just feels unfinished but that's pretty much a given.

notworksafe

the one thing that really bugged me in the last beta was the range of mika's spds. gimme good range so i can punish bad decisions on the regular!

Kumubou

I don't even get how SF5 is that much more basic than SF4, honestly. (Maybe this is exposing just how bad I am at SF4.) What, it's stale because you can't layer 12-way OSs on defense and offense anymore?

I think it's a wee bit early to start saying that. The one concern I have is that everyone's ranges seem samey, but that's probably a hilariously bad judgement given the limited time I've played it.

the one thing that really bugged me in the last beta was the range of mika's spds. gimme good range so i can punish bad decisions on the regular!
I thought that was the purpose of her other throw (especially the EX version, jeez that thing had some silly range). You trade damage for range and positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom