• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Well when you bring your ass here CDY and I'll take you to get a hot dog with cream cheese then I'll get you that. Then we can talk!

Once I save enough to travel as far as over there, maybe I'll see if this is okay or not. And there better be some trance gigs while we're at it, sucker.

anchovies on pizza is actually good, if you get it from a decent pizza place. I was a doubter too when the best pizza I've ever had came from costco food court

I always forget that for many of ya'll pizza means dominos and fried chicken means KFC

Numb

Being 24 ain't too bad. Ya'll are too old
tumblr_na4qmz0tnR1tvlsaeo1_500.gif

24BOYZ
A bunch of oldies up in here

petghost

Banned
only pizza i like is east coast by the slice pizza and neapolitan pizza...

deep dish and weird as toppings etc. are terrible man.

Tizoc

Anyone got a GIF of Gato's DP+K from Garou? Can't seem to find the thing anywhere and it's not even on Fightersgeneration.com

Karst play me tomorrow for fun :p
Let me figure out a throw combo into OD first. Turns out the one I've been working on isn't too tight, it's flat-out impossible. :p I need to go into j.214 earlier. I just need some bigger damage; right now I'm just playing Street Fighter with him.

jerry1594

Kind of lame that Indivisible needed like 10 guest characters to get funded but I'm sure their content will be well integrated and fun.

Numb

Kind of lame that Indivisible needed like 10 guest characters to get funded but I'm sure their content will be well integrated and fun.

New RPG IP from fighter dudes.
Guest characters are easy and hype. Aljthough the original characters are all fantastic.

Shun

Since this is community I want to make submission and give a idea of how some gesen does their local community monthlies, the one I'm most familiar with, Maxim Hero does "Fight Club" for 4 games, BBCF, FCI, P4U2, and GGXrdR. They also do it for UNIEst, Gundam EXVS, and other games but at different times of the month.

For example BlazBlue CentralFiction results at Maxim Hero's Autumn Battle. Local player ranks were based on points off match results throughout the month and entire Autumn event. Usually goes on for 3 months per season. Points would be accumulated to show who is the winner of each month's matches, then an overall season winner.

They are a pretty healthy community and occasionally do streams on Nico.

CVM-5YQU8AIVlfu.png:orig

Sharing ideas on how to spice up your local scene and maintain interest and numbers.

Anne

There are lots of neat ways to do stuff like that. It's kind of hard to get small groups going on that though.

For reference my local anime group is so small we can't even get 8 people for a monthly on any game not named Xrd, and even then that gets close to not making that too. It would be cool to have ranks and give people something to work towards or be proud about, but I get the vibe of "why bother" a lot. People around here already know the scores and they don't change a lot, and I can't really offer a lot of motivation myself other than some number on a name.

Numb

There are lots of neat ways to do stuff like that. It's kind of hard to get small groups going on that though.

For reference my local anime group is so small we can't even get 8 people for a monthly on any game not named Xrd, and even then that gets close to not making that too.

We tricked our local Smash community(about 15-20) into playing other fighters and do tournaments for each game once a month on top of the weekly meets. Started with Smash tourny(ofcourse) then USF4 recently. Next is Tekken for December and then Xrd,SFV,BB etc etc. Nice that there are rivals that want to beat each other up in more games than one and put in the time. They like anime more than i thought.

Shun

I know in Northern California they do something similar with 2 tournaments a month and sets of weekly locals and different games in between.

I think the biggest issue with some locals is that there isn't a consistent place to meet and have a monthly or weekly gathering. Finding a place can be difficult because of costs and convenience.

Having a set schedule and a set place to meet with set ups is a luxury that I wish other communities could have and enjoy.

I guess in order to grow some members half to take an L for the group and front some costs for the sake of building and thriving a set of local players. From being able to provide, organize, and pitch in.

Donating things you don't need as a prize and having time set aside to help. Depends on how close some people are whether or not you see your community as friends rather than people to play or acquaintances.

Numb

lol
We had 3 places to meet and even rented a room somewhere. Got T-shirts and all that cafeid style for fun.
Playing too many games and moving on to latest ones. Not concentrating on a single one. Has it's good and bad parts. Don't even play fighters in some of the sets sometimes.

Anne

I know in Northern California they do something similar with 2 tournaments a month and sets of weekly locals and different games in between.

I think the biggest issue with some locals is that there isn't a consistent place to meet and have a monthly or weekly gathering. Finding a place can be difficult because of costs and convenience.

Having a set schedule and a set place to meet with set ups is a luxury that I wish other communities could have and enjoy.

We have a real arcade with dedicated fighting game set ups and cabs that has a $6 all day special for us to use 2 days a week (Tues/Sat). There's also a LAN center that offers to let us play there on Fri for $5 all night. It's more of a problem of how spread out we are though, it's TN. there are 8~ people around the Nashville area within 30 minutes~ of each other, but the rest of the people are around 1-2 hours away. To add to that things have been pretty poverty at points in the last few years so getting around past that has been hard.

It's been kinda rough with the anime scene here dying tbh. We normally have Thanksgiving every year and I remember there being 20+ people all weekend long hanging out. This year we had 7 people across 2 days show up. I've tried to rally up fun projects from time to time, but it hasn't panned out too well. The worst was when UNI came out I convinced the arcade owner to sponsor us a tournament, and he gave us $100 as a pot bonus with free entry. Only 12 people entered :T He went on to sponsor us for Xrd ranbats and that was mildly successful, but a lot of people bailed on it on the last day.

Seems like a massively wasted opportunity tbh. Wish I knew what to do to help get it back going, but I think it's completely out of my control at this point. I'll admit I'm pretty jaded at this point because I've put in a lot of effort and it's still led to this ;;

Also we have the opposite problem of people getting into new games hilariously enough. People tend to play a new game for a month or two, then bail on it to go back to whatever they were playing before. I get if you don't like it(I've tried some stuff that hasn't panned out) but no new game has a chance here unless it's called SF or GG it looks like. We've even had new people show up wanting to play newer games and then not coming back cause nobody was playing them, which seems like it's the opposite of most players to me..

I'm kinda just moaning to moan but I really would like to get stuff going again it's just bleeeeeeeeggggghhhhhh. Also I don't have the disposable income to throw at events or else I would.

Shun

It's great that you have a supportive sponsor and a regular place to meet and enjoy. I do not know what midwest america is like but it must be very difficult commuting and traveling to get together.

Ouch... but thank you for sharing. I don't know if I can help at all but I will just give thoughts.

Does your area see each other more or less as friends or just acquaintances who play similar games? That kind of attitude can hold a lot of difference.

Like with some places, people who attend treat the event, venue, and other people as they are customers entitled to do what they do because they pay a fee to take part.

Maybe for some people it's a change of culture, getting new and old people to respect the terms laid out by the people who work to organize the event. The simplest gestures can really go a long way in getting people more comfortable with one another.

Suto and GGXrd can be the main games where a majority of people partake, communities will always have a main attraction where most people devote to. But other side games can be really helpful even if it's just 3 or 4 people.

Outside of brackets so long as you have maybe at least 2 people playing a game on the side someone might eventually ask or want to take part and continue to do so.

Gundam here interests people but people don't play it because it is different from other games or they don;t know what it is. Playing casually usually catch their attention and if they try, sitting down and teaching them the basics and having just fun casual matches. Those people usually came back wanting to play again, especially since it can be prohibitive to get to play a game like Gundam outside of the local meeting.

It doesn't have to have many people play, just a couple at a time while everyone stays on the main game and sometime you get gradual interest.

shaowebb

We tricked our local Smash community(about 15-20) into playing other fighters and do tournaments for each game once a month on top of the weekly meets. Started with Smash tourny(ofcourse) then USF4 recently. Next is Tekken for December and then Xrd,SFV,BB etc etc. Nice that there are rivals that want to beat each other up in more games than one and put in the time. They like anime more than i thought.

Wish I could get the locals near me to do that. Smashers are nice but they only "talk" other games. They wont play anything else at all. Like 16 hours of nothing but Smash even if I setup other venues. Feels bad man.

Sad to see Project M ceasing development BTW. I still feel it felt like the best Smash out there everytime I played it. Definitely my go to at least. Very very happy though that they are quitting it to make their own game though. They have some serious skills and I would love to see what they could put together for folks.

Numb

Wish I could get the locals near me to do that. Smashers are nice but they only "talk" other games. They wont play anything else at all. Like 16 hours of nothing but Smash even if I setup other venues. Feels bad man.

Sad to see Project M ceasing development BTW. I still feel it felt like the best Smash out there everytime I played it. Definitely my go to at least. Very very happy though that they are quitting it to make their own game though. They have some serious skills and I would love to see what they could put together for folks.

It didn't happen quick. Like a year of nothing but Smash and us slowly sneaking in other games. Now they'd rather play BB than anything else during meets, not when it's tourny time.Smash still there. And Smash talk has went down from 100 to 5. Heard more discussion about how nasty that meat girl in Nitro+ Blasterz is than what Cloud is doing lol.
They seriously love anime. Trying to make them love 3D now. Teaching them some Tekken stuff.

NEO0MJ

Gundam here interests people but people don't play it because it is different from other games or they don;t know what it is. Playing casually usually catch their attention and if they try, sitting down and teaching them the basics and having just fun casual matches. Those people usually came back wanting to play again, especially since it can be prohibitive to get to play a game like Gundam outside of the local meeting.

It sucks how difficult it is to set up Gundam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom