• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

im seeing a shitload of pros to those new gameplay details though

ezgif.com-optimize2.gif

Anne

Yes, it's much worse than any of the P4 animations. The BD cleaned it up quite a bit it is still completely awful.

Rhapsody

Banned
I saw maybe 2 episodes of the BB anime. Just wanted to see Rachel (regardless if poorly animated).

I didn't enjoy BB's story until CS anyways.

BadWolf

Don't know if reliable but Dreamcancel member The Good Loser posted this regarding KOFXIV:

I have news from Twitter that there was a "closed door" test with a chosen few people, with only Iori, Kyo and Chang playable. PSX will likely have more. "Doesn't play like MI".

El Sloth

Banned
in the blazblue universe the beastkin (what jubei is) were created artificially by humans to help combat the black beast. These beastkin are most likely created via mergin human DNA with animals. They posses the ability to mate with humans creating half beastkin, which produced two of our playable characters, Kokonoe and Makoto.
Pretty sure Jubei and his people existed before beastkin. Since the Black Beast wiped his people out during his first appearance, no? They are pre-Black Beast.
I thought we were past this shit
We ain't never going to get past cat fucking. As we shouldn't!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What does "Strike property" mean?

Strike Attribute
Strike attributes are broken up into three groups: head, body and foot. As a rule of thumb, attacks with each attribute hit the specified part of the body, but that is not always the case.
Strike attacks are the most common in the game and can clash with each other.
Basically it's a physical hit

Kumubou

I'm still kind of weirded out over all of the BB talk here. It's also feels weird when I'm more resistant to playing another game than most (as I pretty much won't play anything from ArcSys on principle at this point). Doubly awkward since locals have been going ham trying to get me to play either BB or GG.

If nothing else, knowing how long it would take me to learn even basic combos in BB really puts me off. Even when playing simple characters, it took me about 20-30 hours in training mode before I could do a BnB in CT and CS2 even once (never mind being able to do it consistently).

(And I still can't believe I went through all of BBCT's and BBCS's story modes. Game still makes no sense.)

Don't know if reliable but Dreamcancel member The Good Loser posted this regarding KOFXIV:
I'm kind of disappointed that it doesn't play like MI but I'm one of those weirdos that kind of liked MIRA. It's probably for the best that the game plays like more traditional KoF games, though.

I'm just ribbing ya. She's good. Though, I don't like her strategy of setting traps as zoning tools.
I dont play her in P4A since I just cant. Shes my favorite character from P4, but I play Marie in P4U
If nothing else, knowing how long it would take me to learn even basic combos in BB really puts me off. Even when playing simple characters, it took me about 20-30 hours in training mode before I could do a BnB in CT and CS2 even once (never mind being able to do it consistently).
comboing in arcsys games is incredibly satisfying, but also incredibly beginner unfriendly. Anyone who says that learning combos isnt important is also lying, since squeaking out extra damage is always good, but more importantly setting up proper enders for oki/resets is extremely important in BB

Shouta

aCxtnq6.gif

is this what you want to watch

This never fails to make me laugh.

Reading the Nine info from Famitsu, she sounds hella fun but hard.She's Invoker from DOTA2 but in a fighting game. That's kinda scary...

If I ever get my hands on CF, I want to test her and Naoto out.

Numb

I'm still kind of weirded out over all of the BB talk here. It's also feels weird when I'm more resistant to playing another game than most (as I pretty much won't play anything from ArcSys on principle at this point). Doubly awkward since locals have been going ham trying to get me to play either BB or GG.

(And I still can't believe I went through all of BBCT's and BBCS's story modes. Game still makes no sense.)
Just playing Tager and trying to grab fools. Not used to playing anime on higher lvls and the speed and air mobility has been always hard for me. Brain too slow to react.
Good.
You know.
Manga is indeed far superior to anime. High five!

Reading the Nine info from Famitsu, she sounds hella fun but hard.She's Invoker from DOTA2 but in a fighting game. That's kinda scary...

Ill be in japan in 2 weeks, im going ham on the first cabinet I find playing Noel and Nine
You don't? When I was looking for advice I thought you would since your icon.

Shirogane da bes tho, she's fun to play too but hard...
nope sorry...Naoto is one of my favorite characters ever, but I just couldnt play her. Too much forgetting to drop my gun stance

I am not sure about that, basic combos in CS don't seem that hard considering the very generous buffer window. The difficult part for me is mainly trying to figure out where you can buffer the inputs and trying not to rush it to avoid mistakes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I like anime, but why are you shocked of a "fuck anime" sentiment when one of the main anime games has a cat fucking a witch to birth a cat scientist? It's pretty fucking weird. It's a pretty natural reaction, honestly, and I have an You're Under Arrest avvy.

One of the main villains points out how disgusting it is actually.

That cat is also the strongest living thing on the planet *in his prime*, also they are married

NEO0MJ

who do you play in gundam exvs anyway.

Main would be The O. It's just such a perfect balance for me. I also love playing Turn X, Virsago, Master Gundam, and Zeong. Also dabbled a bit with Xenon, Gouf Custom, and Efreet.

Nah b
There can only be one
tumblr_m9axkweeJQ1qagop1o1_500.gif

And beef knows it

Such a shame they couldn't balance her right. She was my favourite from that game.

I'd imagine Karsticles likes Makoto Nanaya also.
I am not a fan of her in any way, actually. I do not care for her personality, aesthetics, or gameplay style.

Basically it's a physical hit
Oh. Lame.

Different kinds of complexity for different people. I've played hundreds of matches with Invoker and use Dormammu, so the spell shifting is kind of a learned skill I have. I dislike combo complexity, though, and I'm not even a big fan of doing mix-ups.

When did I leave? 99% of my posts about fgs in this thread are about Street Fighter. I bleed SF.
:-(

EWW, no. That's even worse.

tumblr_nd5sbh4z2b1sp0bs9o1_1280.gif

Nah b
There can only be one
tumblr_m9axkweeJQ1qagop1o1_500.gif

And beef knows it
Elizabeth permanent low tier, but I <3 her design.

I would probably play Margaret since she has Dormammu pillars and wtfbbq-sized normals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom