• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

When's Maxi Boost? Or Persona 2.0?

Well Maxi Boost was announced for arcades like 2 years ago and the console version of Full Boost came out like 3-4 months after that announcement.

A new version, Gundam EXVS Maxi Boost On was announced weeks ago, so a console version for Maxi Boost MIGHT hit PS3/PS4 in the next few months? Maybe? I mean the arcade board used for the game is basically a PS3.

Reasons why it won't, we're getting EXVS Force on Vita in like a week. Full Boost has been continually supported with Maxi Boost DLC for the past year and a half.

To be honest I think Full Boost is the better and more technical game, but it's very neutral and movement heavy compared to Maxi Boost but I think people want to move on to a more offensive game like Maxi Boost.

Either way I just hope Maxi Boost if it does come out to release on PS3. I will be getting Force on Vita.

Strike property is good, you wouldn't want too many projectile properties attached to your attacks. You end up with things like Noel vs Tager or back when old Tsubaki's DP sucks against Hakumen lol
I can't think of a reason you'd use her 0 stock spell when her normals are so amazing. It would need some kind of special property; even causing a knockdown would be useful as a combo ender after expending your other spells.

Yeah, I want a Hori stick. But not for 360. Been eyeing the RAP4 Kai for ps3/4 for months.

Right now, I'm just having trouble getting out Chun's kicks after something like a cr MK.

BadWolf

I'm kind of disappointed that it doesn't play like MI but I'm one of those weirdos that kind of liked MIRA. It's probably for the best that the game plays like more traditional KoF games, though.

That is definitely the most sensible route to take with the mainline series for them.

They tried some new stuff with XII but went back to the classic feel with XIII after fans' response to the former.

From what we've seen so far I'm expecting XIV to play like a legit 2D KOF, something that fans will be able to jump right into and feel at home in.

Line_HTX

Maxi Boost ain't coming. Pack it up.

Shame on Arcsys and Atlus. They should be reprimanded for their arcade greed and be made to make a 3.0 and buff Margaret some more and nerf Yu and both Shos.

:p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The funniest thing about the ending of bbcp is that Relius and Litchi are both basically under command from carl now.

Litchi is a worthless character, super directionless
Relius just stopped giving a fuck after his plans went to shit, at most he can pass his knowledge to his son.

The funniest thing about the ending of bbcp is that Relius and Litchi are both basically under command from carl now.

Litchi is a worthless character, super directionless
Relius just stopped giving a fuck after his plans went to shit, at most he can pass his knowledge to his son.
How are they under his command?

Litchi just putzes and QQs about Arakune.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How are they under his command?

Litchi just putzes and QQs about Arakune.

Carl owned both of them in combat, litchi works for relius, carl spared relius' life and basically said teach me everything. Relius said he had nothing left to live for anyways.
Also relius does love his family, he's just bonkers

Shouta

Is plinking what I need to do in order to consistently pull out lightning kicks at will?

No, you need to be able to quickly hit multiple buttons to do Hyaku-retsu quickly. On a pad, you need to set one or more of the kicks to a shoulder button so that you can use 2 or 3 fingers to quickly do the necessary inputs.

shaowebb

Carl owned both of them in combat, litchi works for relius, carl spared relius' life and basically said teach me everything. Relius said he had nothing left to live for anyways.
Also relius does love his family, he's just bonkers

Wait...whats goin on with Carl and the whole sister thing with his doll? What is he wanting to know and why is it so important?

I've missed so much since Calamity Trigger.

No, you need to be able to quickly hit multiple buttons to do Hyaku-retsu quickly. On a pad, you need to set one or more of the kicks to a shoulder button so that you can use 2 or 3 fingers to quickly do the necessary inputs.

My pad has six face buttons and four shoulder buttons. Given the way I hold it, I can't put it on the right side. I've got PPP as a shortcut on one of the left shoulder buttons. I guess I could do the same for triple kick...sucks though because I got a fightpad so I would have to use less buttons. It's only two extra though, so it's not too bad.

Mizerman

Wait...whats goin on with Carl and the whole sister thing with his doll? What is he wanting to know and why is it so important?

I've missed so much since Calamity Trigger.

He wants to find a way to revive Ada into flesh and bone. That's why he's been going after Relius this entire time.

Line_HTX

Really though, in the big picture, the Blazblue story doesn't really matter.

Just wakeup Inferno Divider RC dash Devoured By Darkness for the EVO clinching win!

Yes, hyaku-retsu is a command now. Not sure if good or bad because I like that I have to put effort into execution. It also feels weird that you can't mash it out now when that's a big part of the draw of the Chun Li experience, at least in the beginning.

Are you planning on playing SFIV after SFV hits?

I admit that I want to stick with USFIV after SFV in some form. It's a game I love and want to continue improving my play on. I hope that doesn't sound dumb because it's been played to death and almost ten years old. I feel like SFV may make me better at SFIV and vice versa.

BadWolf

I admit that I want to stick with USFIV after SFV in some form. It's a game I love and want to continue improving my play on. I hope that doesn't sound dumb because it's been played to death and almost ten years old. I feel like SFV may make me better at SFIV and vice versa.

Nothing wrong with that, the games are different enough that it makes sense to continue playing both if you like them. Many people continued to play SFIII: 3rd Strike after SFIV hit.

ONe of the things that struck me about Blazblue Calamity Trigger was how characters had match up specific dialogue and intros.

Like I remember playing Ragna and facing off against a Jin player.

I was amazed that Ragna's dialogue for his specials and other things were changed to Jin specific stuff.

It's like they brought some of that story into the game, because usually in fighting games versus matches are completely disconnected from the story. In most the character don't even recognize who they're fighting and just give generic lines.

But seeing these two characters face off and interact like they do in the story was some magical stuff for me.

Mizerman

I'd imagine after the ending of CP Jin is serious as fuck about stuff now.
More so than CS

Hmm? How it says in the intro it takes place right after CP

I've read some info from Dustloop in that although CF takes place after CP, it's some sort of alternate dream world dimension thing where things are kinda different. I could be wrong, of course.

Numb

Yes, that shit needed to stop. It got beyond annoying. Made me hate the character to the point I wish he got Astraled every hour everyday, like wishing Vergil would Level 4 Zero every day.

Funny very first time i saw it.
Then it went on for years and years.

I've read some info from Dustloop in that although CF takes place after CP, it's some sort of alternate dream world dimension thing where things are kinda different. I could be wrong, of course.
you are actually on the right train of thought. Everyone is basically on their own worldline built from their desires. EG Mu is in a world where everyone is trying to kill her since she wishes to not exist

It all comes back to nine but not too much is known since only act 1 is out. Acts 2 and 3 release later to arcades then we have the console version story to add mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom