• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserk manga is out of a very, very long hiatus.

I'm only on volume 12 but I've known that at some point in the future they will get on a boat and there was no sign til now they'd ever get off it again.

Berserk is fucking amazing btw. Amazing artist drawing from a wide pool of weird fantasy tales to make something incredible. Like the creator of Conan became a mangaka.

Thanks for the answers.

I heard about the hiatus thing but didn't know it was that long.

Maybe I should read Berserk.

Anne

WHAT. I am totally confused now.

I was right

Strike attributes are broken up into three groups: head, body and foot. As a rule of thumb, attacks with each attribute hit the specified part of the body, but that is not always the case.

It has nothing to do with guard, it has to do with how it's coded and what it looks like it hits. Ragna 6B is a high for example but it's body attribute because he's hitting your body and his feet are on the ground.

Kikirin

Because of arbitrary coding :v they try to make it visibly line up but that is it.

Pretty much this. Attack attributes are a separate thing from how they need to be blocked in ASW games, even if there is usually some correlation between one and the other.

BadWolf

Guys, Amazon.ca has the wrong prices up for the new Madcatz SFV sticks, you can pre-order the TES+ for $165 CDN and the TES2 for $205 CDN right now.

Ordered both, will decide which one to cancel later.

Shun

ff6009-276x300.jpg
a392050b.jpg

where is final fantasy 6 remake.

Grakl

Guys, Amazon.ca has the wrong prices up for the new Madcatz SFV sticks, you can pre-order the TES+ for $165 CDN and the TES2 for $205 CDN right now.

Ordered both, will decide which one to cancel later.

No international shipping, zzzz

Godlike deal though

You want modern squenix to make a FF6 remake? Why in the world would you or anyone want that?

*shudder*

I never understood this argument. "I don't want the thing so no one should have it"
If you don't want it don't play it, lol.

A remake won't suddently delete all the data off existing original FF6 rom chips

Thanks for the answers.

I heard about the hiatus thing but didn't know it was that long.

Maybe I should read Berserk.

berserk will just disappoint you, either through distress by doing awful things to its characters or through pacing that makes game of thrones book fans look spoiled

if you wanted to get on the train you should've done it 10 years ago when none of us knew better, but it's too late now

Beckx

I'm expecting 2017 tbh, in time for the 20th anniversary.

This wouldn't surprise me at all, based on some of the analysis in the FFXV threads it looks like (after much pain and suffering and $$$) they've built a modern development environment.

El Sloth

Banned
lets be real...there has never been a well written FF character.
I quite like Vivi and Steiner and their story arcs in FF9. Maybe I'm being clouded by nostalgia though. I should give it play through again this holiday!

Sort of related: All these years later Quina still sticks in my mind as being interesting even if, in retrospect, they very clumsily handled the whole genderless thing and just treated Quina like comedic relief. As a kid though, I had never run into a character like that before. It wasn't the sort of thing you'd see on American cartoons.

Beckx

"well written" is such a throwaway jab that plagues video game discussion

not to mention shit can be "bad writing" and the characters are still awesome

Just because something hits mid doesn't automatically make it have body attribute I think.

WHAT. I am totally confused now.

I was right
It has nothing to do with guard, it has to do with how it's coded and what it looks like it hits. Ragna 6B is a high for example but it's body attribute because he's hitting your body and his feet are on the ground.

Yea sorry for the confusion I was just trying to simplify it in a way so people would understand it better.
I like to think of it has a hard coded rock-paper-scissors.

I quite like Vivi and Steiner and their story arcs in FF9. Maybe I'm being clouded by nostalgia though. I should give it play through again this holiday!

Sort of related: All these years later Quina still sticks in my mind as being interesting even if, in retrospect, they very clumsily handled the whole genderless thing and just treated Quina like comedic relief. As a kid though, I had never run into a character like that before. It wasn't the sort of thing you'd see on American cartoons.

Quina is the worst character in any final fantasy ever.

Right up there with Vaan and the rest of the XII cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom