• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

KoF actually looks perfectly fine. Its not setting the world on fire in the graphics department, but it doesnt need to.

I just hope Yamazaki is in; that leaked list is not what I want out of the roster.

Team Southtown: Geese, Billy and Yamazaki

White will never get his time to shine ToT

Village

Have you all seen the UI and character select for KOF14, the characters look decidedly better there. i guess those are the final versions.

shaowebb

Oh wow...just found out what "Party Battle" is in KoF.
6 players, 2 teams. Each of you picks a character and what order you will be on your team.
This should be a lot of damned fun to run here on Gaf. I'm gonna bid to go on point and build dat meter for folks as K' or King.

Tripon

Oh wow...just found out what "Party Battle" is in KoF.
6 players, 2 teams. Each of you picks a character and what order you will be on your team.
This should be a lot of damned fun to run here on Gaf. I'm gonna bid to go on point and build dat meter for folks as K' or King.
Oh, man. Now you can finally blame your teammates instead of yourself in a fighting game.

.la1n

Have you all seen the UI and character select for KOF14, the characters look decidedly better there. i guess those are the final versions.

Where might I see this?

edit: Sorry found the KOF thread, I don't travel outside my subs often.

BadWolf

Good quality KOFXIV match recording.

Seems there is a new universal target combo (?) mechanic, you mash Square when close to the opponent to do it.

Max mode is in but I haven't seen anyone cancel any special moves yet. You can only do EX moves when in max mode and they do not use meter.

Just defense might be in.

shaowebb

So many characters. Gonna be cool to see.
Game could get better.

So far the gameplay looks good. Max mode is sounding interesting. Given how much it cost and how much time it took to do the art in KOF13 I respect saying "fuck it" and shooting for a full roster this go round so long as the gameplay is tight. Besides...they have PLENTY of time to go and polish up their graphics with stuff like ambient occlusion maps, specular maps, and general depth map or normal map work. So long as the model itself is made properly, is functional, rigged, and animating the textures can ALWAYS be retooled later on to make it shine. So far, I see no reason to state their are any issues with the models themselves. They honestly look like they took the keyframes of the old sprite stuff and posed the new models too them to make the new timelines for the 3d animations properly.

BadWolf

I don't see the target combo. If its Andy or Iori then they always have that normal into command normal.

They don't do it in the vid, haven't seen anyone do it yet.

We know about it because it is mentioned and described on a pamphlet from the show, the mechanic is called Rush.

ShinMaruku

There should be a street fighter black ops where it's an action game where you play as Guile, Charlie and Chun Cammy and Juri trying to find and body Bipson.

I am sure KOF will keep improving on it's look.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom