• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

Help Yams

http://youtu.be/JP2KGf-7otU

And yes I know that jump in on round 1 was stupid. This fucker had me pissed.

Don't be afraid to just wake up blocking sometimes.

You got hit by the same reset twice (the stand jab, dash cross under) so pay attention to what the opponent is doing in those situations instead of just watching yourself. look for their movement.

At your current level I think you should keep one ex chamber at all times stocked as a wake up option from ex-sbk. A lot of the pressure you were getting was because the sakura knew they could just go in on you constantly. Since chun's wake up options aren't fantastic most players know they can continue applying pressure.

When doing hazanshu's, don't follow up with legs. It won't combo and the start up is slow enough that you can get blown up for doing it.

mbpm1

I almost always wait for new game hype to pass before trying a single player title. I still haven't even opened The Wonderful 101. I waited a year to play Bayonetta 2.

Also, 2/3 of the games you listed it beating suck. :p

I mean, is this the game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cattq0csbeI&t=23m34s

I'll see if anyone is still talking about that...creative title in 6 months. The beauty of single player titles is that you never miss anything by waiting. It's only worthwhile to jump in right away for multiplayer stuff.

Undertale is GOTY free tbh.

I'd go far enough to put it over any non FG game this year and next year too.

Numb

See my edit. I'm that sure.

image.php

BadWolf

Nemo said he found KOF fun and he thinks Fang looks fun to play in SFV. He's thinking of using either Rashid or Fang for SFV.

Rashid definitely looks like his kind of character, I expect either him and/or Pepeday to use the guy.

Good to hear he enjoyed KOF, hope more impressions of people who actually played it start popping up.

You got hit by the same reset twice (the stand jab, dash cross under) so pay attention to what the opponent is doing in those situations instead of just watching yourself. look for their movement.

At your current level I think you should keep one ex chamber at all times stocked as a wake up option from ex-sbk. A lot of the pressure you were getting was because the sakura knew they could just go in on you constantly. Since chun's wake up options aren't fantastic most players know they can continue applying pressure.

When doing hazanshu's, don't follow up with legs. It won't combo and the start up is slow enough that you can get blown up for doing it.

I recognized it was the same one but my reaction was slow because he was applying so much pressure off the handle, and I couldn't adjust.

vulva

I recognized it was the same one but my reaction was slow because he was applying so much pressure off the handle, and I couldn't adjust.

That's a situation where ex bird would help. If the player doesn't respect you, they'll go for the mixup most of the time right off the bat. If something tricky is happening, you can do that at least once. Even if it doesn't connect, it puts fear in them to try something so risky if you have meter.

jerry1594

rewatching the Fang trailer even though he looks stupid as all hell he's well animated and kind of hilarious. I like the voicework too honestly, though that could be cut short quick maybe.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
sometimes i wonder if the feel of old games is attributable to them being in 4:3. i dont know anything about anything so i have no clue if this actually effects gameplay in anyway. do you guys think there is a discernible difference when moving form 4:3 to widescreen?

4:3 vs widescreen definitely affects the feel of some characters.

Some of Sentinel's fullscreen hyper loops in Marvel 2 don't work in Marvel 3 simply because he can no longer reach the other side of the screen.

That's a situation where ex bird would help. If the player doesn't respect you, they'll go for the mixup most of the time right off the bat. If something tricky is happening, you can do that at least once. Even if it doesn't connect, it puts fear in them to try something so risky if you have meter.

Thank you 💋😎

Kikirin

I feel like this is something that beginners particularly undervalue. Blocking is the safest thing you can wake up with, and doing anything else will get you blown up by people who know how to meaty or safe jump. Mashing on wakeup can work on occasion, but only after you've established that you're willing to wake up with an invincible reversal. Coming out on the good end of a mash otherwise is more the opponent's failure to oki than it being a good idea.

When I saw the first FANG screenshot I thought he was a parody image that the OP put in there and the real character was in the trailer.

I am assuming whoever pitched the idea for FANG had been playing Slenderman recently.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I have to give it to FGW gaf, where unlike the general FGC you guys have tact and I respect that greatly. Little less memes and we'd be the legendary overman. :E

This is the internet man, you are going to get memes every now and then out of us. Granted, I use it a little more for comedic effect.

Help Yams

http://youtu.be/JP2KGf-7otU

And yes I know that jump in on round 1 was stupid. This fucker had me pissed.

Basically what Vulva said, it kinda turns into rock paper scissors at the point and you gotta seeing what your opponent does. From what I recall, the player didn't even cross you up once, every time attacking from in front of you, although that jump heavy punch hits from in front, Sakura can actually land behind you in the player knows what they're doing. Besides that, I think you just got hit cause you would not stop pressing buttons every time the player tried applying pressure to you and not from you lack of knowing where to block, but when block, the Sakura player rarely grabbed you so you could have block without fear until the Sakura player tried doing it. EX spinning kick is a good move but can be predicted pretty easily so use it sparingly. I noticed you had a lot of trouble jumping in on the Sakura, don't do it. Chun Li to my knowledge (Vulva can correct me if I'm wrong) does not have a great jump in game, sure she has an instant overhead and can beat out some characters who don't have great anti-airs (none are coming to mind...) but with characters that have strong anti-airs, tread carefully. Albeit, she may be floaty but Sakura has one of the best anti-air's in the game, her crouching heavy punch (crouching fierce for alternate lingo) has a ridiculously long hitbox. You have to play more of a distanced game since sakura can maybe beat out your light/medium's the majority of the time (maybe that long punch she throws can beat out Sakura, I don't know the button though :B). Again, I don't main Chun Li so I don't know any of the small specifics for her, Vulva can help out way more than I can in that aspect.

On a side note, I can beat out Sakura's crouching fierce with Rolento's jump fierce if I time it and space it right so all the Sakura player can do is try blocking. From what I said, don't jump in unless you are feeling very confident about the mixup, or if you' have the opponent in the corner on wakeup and can go for a meaty setup but that's for another time. Also, a secret button that's possibly one of the most annoying buttons Chun Li has is her jumping heavy kick (jumping roundhouse). It starts up so damn fast and has a large hitbox, I know this having played Vulva hours on end and the only way I can beat it is by predicting it before it and pulling out a normal that has a taller hitbox or if I'm in the corner, an anti air mp or hp. I don't know if Sakura's neutral jump roundhouse gets beat out by Chun Li's neutral jump roundhouse when you are trying to stop the wakeup pressure so that's something you can experiment the timing on. At best, and this is me going on conjecture since I haven't seen it before, it might trade, relieving some of the pressure you're going under. This is the most I got from that match, I noticed your playstyle got more aggressive the last time we played, remember, slow it down and play a footsie based game. You can only get like that once you have the opponent scared from pressing a button or in the corner for a guaranteed mixup.

Sakura has her wake EX dp so you might want to learn some safe jump setups Chun Li has on characters, you should be looking for a move that has a low start up and cannot be punished by dp's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom