• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindi legit about to have a seizure from the win lol

Hey! No I'm not!

vqu8.gif

Well I learn something new right now. I got behind a Chun player doing her fireball ultra and used Sim ultra 1 and hers blocked all of mine ultra while standing behind her. Glitch or is hers like a shield?

The Light

Might not be at EVO given Mr.Wizard's hints about the game. Capcom seems to be marketing Capcom Cup as the game's last hurrah as well.

Wow really? Well I'll be shocked if it isn't an official EVO game this year. With the amount of entrants and hype finals it brought in the past. Only problem would be as Kirblar said concerning logistics with 5 also being there.

I wonder could this mean.... less games at EVO? (Cue dramatic sound effect!)

Dahbomb

Wow really? Well I'll be shocked if it isn't an official EVO game this year. With the amount of entrants and hype finals it brought in the past. Only problem would be as Kirblar said concerning logistics with 5 also being there.

I wonder could this mean.... less games at EVO? (Cue dramatic sound effect!)
That's pretty much a given at this point as well.

I would kill for Hakumen to have an anti-air.

Honestly I feel like there shouldn't be a D tier in this game. Carl's not bottom tier but he's pretty average this iteration.
I don't understand how you can so consistently tech grabs. I have never teched a grab in this game.

Carl is harder than Zato Kast lol

Mess with him a bit.

Carl just has the BS he needs to get by in BB.
I'm not touching that little freak.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I have no idea, AC Barret look was better tbh

This is just the beginning for the hate remake is gonna get lol. First itll be i dont like, then why did they change it, then fuck this, then off to the internet to complain and sony is just confused but doesnt care cause it has all of our money.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't understand how you can so consistently tech grabs. I have never teched a grab in this game.

You get a feel for when a player is going to grab.

Green exclamation mark throws have a 15 frame window to break the throw.
Normal throws show a green exclamation mark under normal circumstances.

Purple exclamation mark throws have a 27 frame window to break the throw.
If you throw an opponent when they are in blockstun or hitstun (plus 6 frames immediately after either), the throw will be purple

Lot's of time to throw break

Sayad

That hair doesn't look any better than SFV hair, don't know what you're smoking...
Talking about the animation there:
- Isn't cliping through the character's body most of the round
- Doesn't randomly float upward
- Doesn't stutter and shake in place
- Doesn't float at a 90 degree for simply walking forward

SFV's long hair looks like pieces of cloth attached to the character's head, the hair physics only works on Karin, everyone else using it just look awful.

Rhapsody

Banned
I would kill for Hakumen to have an anti-air.

I'm not touching that little freak.

I just block and A+B+C when I'm sort of expecting one. Throw tech OS so barrier comes out if they didn't

Rhapsody

Banned
Well, that was the most bullshit conclusion that could have happened. :-/

GGs.

Oh. That's dumb. :-/

GGs, Karst. I actually do feel like your throws have a pattern, which was why I teched maybe 80 percent of them. Plus I usually looked at whether you had a burst for OD as well. The OS isn't perfect since you can get a throw reject miss. It has some risk.

GGs, Karst. I actually do feel like your throws have a pattern, which was why I teched maybe 80 percent of them. Plus I usually looked at whether you had a burst for OD as well. The OS isn't perfect since you can get a throw reject miss. It has some risk.
I felt like I varied the timing and number of jabs before the throw pretty well. Then there were times when I would 623A into 2A to continue pressure like 3x instead of grabbing, and you'd never get hit. That OS tech seems too good to me.

I would be more mad if I planned on maining Hakumen in the long run.

I get like 95% of my wins off of throw combos. I don't have great uses for meter outside of that. I also needed to confirm off of all those 3C counterhits I got. I think I only converted off of one.

jerry1594

Andy looks like a generic 3D human body model they picked up for cheap from Unity Store.

As I said, I'm talking about the animation, do you siriously think this hair animation is better than Kula's in that video?
tumblr_nxdlradc8u1qj5jqso1_500.gi f
Those costumes in general look fucking stupid lol. They're basically in their same old man sf5 bodies wearing wigs.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh, so I should run up, 2A, and then cancel into a throw for purple throw to counter the OS tech?

Will the OS tech throw me, or is it purely defensive?

Pure defensive, barrier block overrides throw 4a+b+c

unless you pass through like carl then you'd throw because 4a+b+c becomes 6a+b+c

Tularensis

Neo Member
Andy looks like a generic 3D human body model they picked up for cheap from Unity Store.

As I said, I'm talking about the animation, do you siriously think this hair animation is better than Kula's in that video?
tumblr_nxdlradc8u1qj5jqso1_500.gif

In general, yes, her hair is animated better. Too bad everything below the scalp animates like a half finished character from Weapon Lord.

Pure defensive, barrier block overrides throw 4a+b+c

unless you pass through like carl then you'd throw because 4a+b+c becomes 6a+b+c
What do you mean re: Carl?

Edit: NM, I get it.

You mean that it only becomes a throw OS against pass-throughers like Carl and Azrael due to the directional input change.

Rhapsody

Banned
BTW, Karst, Carl has two rolls. A is the short one, B is the long one. As of CPEX, A one only has invul through projectiles. B has invul on body and head attribute moves. Which means beat it with a throw or a low.

Nightii

Banned
F.A.N.G looks awesome, it's gonna be hard for me to focus only on Vega with him around.

Also, lol at FF7r's aesthetics being the grim and gritty way people wish the original was like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom