• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, Karst, Carl has two rolls. A is the short one, B is the long one. As of CPEX, A one only has invul through projectiles. B has invul on body and head attribute moves. Which means beat it with a throw or a low.
What about all those times you backstepped and got to punish my oki game? :-/

Rhapsody

Banned
What about all those times you backstepped and got to punish my oki game? :-/

I would sometimes opt to not emergency tech. So I would delay neutral tech and then backdash out (it just messes with the attacker's timing is all).

It can still be heavily punished, but it's a good way to keep someone on their toes when doing oki.
Just remember that backdash has been severely nerfed since BBCP 1.1, so it's not as good as it looks.

Keep in mind that even though there's a lot of options on wakeup, oki's still a very strong thing.
Characters like Izayoi and Carl can pretty much beat every option as long as they adapt to seeing no emergency tech.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Managed a 10-game winning streak with Sim right before closing, but to be fair, half the people I played were trying out SF5 for the first time.

I would sometimes opt to not emergency tech. So I would delay neutral tech and then backdash out (it just messes with the attacker's timing is all).

It can still be heavily punished, but it's a good way to keep someone on their toes when doing oki.
Just remember that backdash has been severely nerfed since BBCP 1.1, so it's not as good as it looks.

Keep in mind that even though there's a lot of options on wakeup, oki's still a very strong thing.
Characters like Izayoi and Carl can pretty much beat every option as long as they adapt to seeing no emergency tech.
That Izayoi DP...

Also, what was with Rachel's vacuum bats?

Sayad

In general, yes, her hair is animated better. Too bad everything below the scalp animates like a half finished character from Weapon Lord.
That's what I'm saying, even KoF's poor animation effort resulted in better hair animation than what SFV use to animate hair.

Rhapsody

Banned
That Izayoi DP...

Also, what was with Rachel's vacuum bats?

That's her lotus. Turns the lobelias into lotus. A lotus affects her wind relative to the opponent. This one is basically trash as it usually messes up her combo. It got deleted in CF where B version becomes 22A instead. B lotus affects the strength of the wind. More corner carry and moves Rachel faster and farther. Honestly it's more of a passive thing since it's not in the player's gameplan to need these. It's usually good to just zone by making them block the bats.

Also a lotus attached on an opponent can be detonated with sword iris which is sort of nice. Lotus isn't that great in this version, but it is in CF. Regardless, I wanted to try practicing using lotus more and less pumpkin in our matches to get a better feel for it.
Well, that was the most bullshit conclusion that could have happened. :-/

Also yeah, you have to be weary of overdrive at times since they can use it in blockstun. Not as good as X Factor, but you can punish the right moves if you get a solid read.

Izayoi's combo off of DP in overdrive is over 4k or so with super ender. She can't do this route in BBCF though...

Anne

That moment when somebody learns about TRM lol

They knew throw OS would be a thing that existed so they put in TRM to have a high reward way to nuke the shit out of it. If they crouch and do barrier tech then just 5A whiff > throw and you get it for free.

Offense in Blazblue is like convince them not to jump > stop or punish throw OS > start throwing in shit to cover escapes > when they really just sit down then start throwing in like overheads and stuff.

You can do all of the above in like one or two strings too. It's really important to know how to force people to deal with your shit from small interactions. That's layer 1 btw, in layer 2 people start OSing barrier tech and jump at the same time, but that means you start the really high reward call outs until they go back to layer 1.

Spuck-uk

Banned

They knew throw OS would be a thing that existed so they put in TRM to have a high reward way to nuke the shit out of it. If they crouch and do barrier tech then just 5A whiff > throw and you get it for free.

Offense in Blazblue is like convince them not to jump > stop or punish throw OS > start throwing in shit to cover escapes > when they really just sit down then start throwing in like overheads and stuff.

You can do all of the above in like one or two strings too. It's really important to know how to force people to deal with your shit from small interactions. That's layer 1 btw, in layer 2 people start OSing barrier tech and jump at the same time, but that means you start the really high reward call outs until they go back to layer 1.

So how exactly DO you stop people doing barrier tech jump? Low meaties?

This is just the beginning for the hate remake is gonna get lol. First itll be i dont like, then why did they change it, then fuck this, then off to the internet to complain and sony is just confused but doesnt care cause it has all of our money.

Nah I'm mostly fine with how the game looks, just don't understand Barret with sunglasses that's all.

Still gonna buy 3 copies at launch

SFV impressions from LPN

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

But remember BB is easy.
lol gg diehards

Sayad

i008.jpg

Anne

So how exactly DO you stop people doing barrier tech jump? Low meaties?

Catching jump start up is one way, and the same concept applies to just doing a true blockstring into a low. You can also just do a string that keeps them grounded then TRM them. You can do a string that keeps people grounded when they would jump, then do your mix up after to mess with them. you can try and chase the jump to create a real silly situation.

You just create a situation where it's either punished or highly in your favor after it goes off. The catch to this is stuff that works well vs this doesn't work well vs layer one stuff and doesn't let you raw mix up, so you need to be good at establishing how you wanna go about it. It's not like SF4 crouch tech where you just try to match the timing, you have a lot of freedom in your offense on how you want to control them.

On that note, I will likely make a thread for NEC next week, then take a break until KiT in Jan.

If you need any info for KiT lemme know, I've gotten to the point where I run more than just anime with that event lol

So is it true that a lot of notable players who left the scene temporarily and didn't fuck with SFIV are coming back for SFV? People were saying that last night, but who exactly is doing that?

Anne

So is it true that a lot of notable players who left the scene temporarily and didn't fuck with SFIV are coming back for SFV? People were saying that last night, but who exactly is doing that?

Who even knows, really. A lot of people dropped SF4 as a serious game towards the end because the game fell apart, so people are just sure that some will be trying out SFV for a bit once it's out.

Nash's super is UNREAL. Just WHY YOU GOTTA DO THAT, NASH?

Who even knows, really. A lot of people dropped SF4 as a serious game towards the end because the game fell apart, so people are just sure that some will be trying out SFV for a bit once it's out.

The game fell apart? Besides Elena heals?

Anne

Nash's super is UNREAL. Just WHY YOU GOTTA DO THAT, NASH?

The game fell apart? Besides Elena heals?

OS became a really real problem at some point, oki was absurd, at some point people stopped doing oki and just unblockabled everybody into oblivion, etc. If the game was still AE 2012 it would probably look like a complete shit show. Ultra fixed a good chunk of the problems but the core engine still has a lot of exploits in it. One of the reasons Elena is so freaking good btw is the fact she nukes character gimmicks and some of the OS exploits really well lol

Managed a 10-game winning streak with Sim right before closing, but to be fair, half the people I played were trying out SF5 for the first time.
Share thoughts.

That's her lotus. Turns the lobelias into lotus. A lotus affects her wind relative to the opponent. This one is basically trash as it usually messes up her combo. It got deleted in CF where B version becomes 22A instead. B lotus affects the strength of the wind. More corner carry and moves Rachel faster and farther. Honestly it's more of a passive thing since it's not in the player's gameplan to need these. It's usually good to just zone by making them block the bats.

Also a lotus attached on an opponent can be detonated with sword iris which is sort of nice. Lotus isn't that great in this version, but it is in CF. Regardless, I wanted to try practicing using lotus more and less pumpkin in our matches to get a better feel for it.

Also yeah, you have to be weary of overdrive at times since they can use it in blockstun. Not as good as X Factor, but you can punish the right moves if you get a solid read.

Izayoi's combo off of DP in overdrive is over 4k or so with super ender. She can't do this route in BBCF though...
Thanks for explaining all this. I respect your skill level with multiple characters in this complex game. Do you have any feedback on my neutral?

But remember BB is easy.
lol gg diehards
BB is way more fun than GG. I am surprised. GG needs to widen that combat screen.

Will check soon.

What a waste of resources loool
I have noticed that most Nine combos blow all her spells for another 300 damage. Just completely misunderstanding her goals. 4/5 of the matches I watch have her IADing around. She should hardly be dashing. There was one video total where I felt like the player really understood how you are supposed to move with Nine (mostly jumps and superjumps).

Nine has Dormammu meteor shower lol wtf
Not even half as good, really.

Marz

When people say "notable players" they mainly mean Japanese Gods who still mainly play 3rd strike and super turbo.

Kikirin

Karst pls.

Haku's fine for anti-airs. 6A for a reactive one with actual head attribute invul, 5A for a fast one, 2C for a big hitbox, 5D and Yukikaze for catch counters, TK Hotaru (j.214B), 5C on occasion. Can even jump back j.C.

6b is shit. Doesn't combo, 882 damage, slow startup, and it's unsafe on block. I mean, I use it, but it's not something the opponent is going to lose because of.

6B's pretty solid. Among the quicker grounded overheads in the game, beats low mashing with its foot attribute invul, not unsafe on regular block but is disadvantageous (-4), can cancel into his parries on block. Can get big damage off counterhit, linking into 2C > Aerial meterless or 5C > Zantetsu > stuff.

shaowebb

Welp, looks like over the next 6 months I'll be both upgrading my processor and then either upgrading to an Nvidia card or buying a PS4. There goes several hundred dollars.

On the plus side, KOF 14 can happen and with the Nvidia I can test my builds on both AMD and Nvidia once its in place. Still refusing to upgrade to windows 10 though so no KI for me on PC. I know I can run in compatibility mode but there are various reports of compatibility issues doing this on some of my software and I can't risk cutting my tools out from under myself just to poke KI.

God its expensive transitioning for next gen. PC upgrade is by far the most expensive but also by far the one I'll get to game most on. Here's hoping folks at least keep using Lab Zero drivers for sticks otherwise there goes a hundred or two more.

I don't want to play as a child- same reasoning kills Rachel for me, even though her playstyle is interesting.
I dig.

Karst pls.

Haku's fine for anti-airs. 6A for a reactive one with actual head attribute invul, 5A for a fast one, 2C for a big hitbox, 5D and Yukikaze for catch counters, TK Hotaru (j.214B), 5C on occasion. Can even jump back j.C.

6B's pretty solid. Among the quicker grounded overheads in the game, beats low mashing with its foot attribute invul, not unsafe on regular block but is disadvantageous (-4), can cancel into his parries on block. Can get big damage off counterhit, linking into 2C > Aerial meterless or 5C > Zantetsu > stuff.
Nah, these are all mediocre. Adding them all up doesn't give him good AA. Other characters have these massive AA hitboxes with big invulnerability that lets you beat stuff like Hakumen's 2C even when it's properly spaced. Hakumen has NOTHING that good.

6A is wonky in its hitbox, hits a small area, and can't even combo unless you counterhit and want to spend MT.

5A isn't even an anti-air. It hits in the air, but "anti-air" is a huge stretch.

5D has 6 frames of startup. Add that to necessary reaction time, and it's really hard to make use of. In CF, I agree, 5D is a good anti-air tool since it's back to a 1F startup.

Yukikaze is good, but you're also talking about burning 4 MT for a "maybe" counter that leaves you wide open. It's not something you use just because a person is air dashing toward you. It isn't consistent and reliable.

2C and 5C are extremely slow - they are only good for hard reads, you can't use them on reaction since they have no head invulnerability. In CF, 2C is way better, but in CCPEX they're both extremely situational and very punishable on whiff.

Hotaru is burning 2MT on something that your opponent can just block.

I agree j.C is good, but that's not an anti-air, it's an air-to-air.

Considering most overheads are not hitting people by the nature of just being overheads, 6B is pretty good lol
Hum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom