• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
fH6Qo7i.png

Tularensis

Neo Member
The thought of SF4 not being on the main stage at EVO feels really messed up. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but SF4 has always been THE game for majors.

Numb

According to bitter PSN preorderers during Beta 1, yes.

Did the same for MGS but they didn't charge me right away and had to start again from scratch on release and do everything normally.
And SFV didn't charge me either. Says i preordered but might happen the same thing again. Must be a region thing.

MrDaravon

The thought of SF4 not being on the main stage at EVO feels really messed up. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but SF4 has always been THE game for majors.

What. SF4 came out in 2009, Evo has been around since...2002?

500k baseline is great if there is crowdfunding. Halo 5 crowdfunded over a million dollars in like a month and a half.

Yeah, and if it's just any money you spend on Zenny contributes X% to the funding it's a win-win for Capcom since instead of trying to grind out in-game money for stuff people might be more inclined to pay real money for it if it's going towards CPT.

Did the same for MGS but they didn't charge me right away and had to start again from scratch on release and do everything normally.
And SFV didn't charge me either. Says i preordered but might happen the same thing again. Must be a region thing.

What region are you? I think in the US you get charged immediately but in EU you don't, probably because of consumer laws there or something.

Shouta

I know that, but I wouldn't say Nemo just started. A couple of years was more what I was referring to.

He didn't either though. He said wound up as Top SF4 players. Nemo was known in SF4 but he really didn't rise to prominence until Rolento was released, for example.

Numb

What. SF4 came out in 2009, Evo has been around since...2002?

Yeah, and if it's just any money you spend on Zenny contributes X% to the funding it's a win-win for Capcom since instead of trying to grind out in-game money for stuff people might be more inclined to pay real money for it if it's going towards CPT.

What region are you? I think in the US you get charged immediately but in EU you don't, probably because of consumer laws there or something.

Im in EU
Looked at the webstore online and seems like i can't cancel it.
Will check to see whats up on the console store

He didn't either though. He said wound up as Top SF4 players. Nemo was known in SF4 but he really didn't rise to prominence until Rolento was released, for example.
It's funny how a game can exist for years and still not have a character that suits your style. I usually feel like that's a fault that lies with the developer.

Numb

So it seems like there is a countdown to release day and they will charge me 2 days before that. There is no place to cancel that i can see

Seeing a lot of "Now that SF4 is over.. SFV will be my game, I will dedicate 100% of my all to it" tweets

6 years later

"Now that SFV is over.." etc etc

Sayad

Nemo's been playing GG for ages, even before SF4.

I am totally fine with Top 32 like this year for Capcom Cup 2016.
32 is better, it just need to be 3/5 from the start. Even if it becomes a 2 days event with day 1 not getting center stage treatment.

In what game? I don't understand what that Tweet has to do with Sonic Fox.

Chris "Genius" is regretting the fact that he chose the wrong game. His sentiment is about choosing the sponsored game, regardless if its good or bad, after seeing tonight's Capcom Cup.

But if your sole purpose is money, why would you choose SF over MK?

Rainy

Banned
The alt costumes for SFV will pretty much be guaranteed to be sold separately instead of just preorder bonuses right?

Dahbomb

Chris "Genius" is regretting the fact that he chose the wrong game. His sentiment is about choosing the sponsored game, regardless if its good or bad, after seeing tonight's Capcom Cup.

But if your sole purpose is money, why would you choose SF over MK?
Still not sure what that has to do with Sonic Fox. Killer Instinct has mad money put into it too but Sonic Fox doesn't play that for the money.

And if your sole purpose is money then don't play video games or at least don't play fighting games.

Tripon

Chris G is the same guy who turned down a 9 to 5 job that paid a decent wage to work part time at an arcade. And then got fired from the arcade.

Numb

Whoa... six figure check man...

Was that the 3D movement one? Because man, that game is so shit. I don't know how that even looks playable.

Heard that they fixed the stuff but it was too broken for awhile.
It didn't help. They should also have done EOH like there Naruto games. Even tho it is leagues better than the state ASB started

Dahbomb

And Chris is only a genius inside the game. For his outside the game opinions... well let's just say I don't agree with like 90% of what he says.

Shouta

hahahaha, CyberConnect 2 is making the FFVII remake. I thought the battle scenes look a bit like a Naruto game.

They're just assisting on the development, probably in the graphics area.

Their naruto games are f'ing amazing though. Not very balanced but damn are they fun ass games to play.

Tripon

They're just assisting on the development, probably in the graphics area.

Their naruto games are f'ing amazing though. Not very balanced but damn are they fun ass games to play.
You are probably right. I am just salty at how poor the single player story mode was for Soul Calibur V. And that story was supposedly was done by CyberConnect 2.

Line_HTX

And Chris is only a genius inside the game. For his outside the game opinions... well let's just say I don't agree with like 90% of what he says.

I feel the same, lol. I only like him because he has the best Morrigan I've ever seen and I love how he makes so many people die a slow death. Otherwise, ehh...

Something asshole-ish happened tonight in endless after the Cup. During a long group set dude who plays Boxer fought another dude who played Chun. He goes,"oh, Balrog x Chun? This is always a fun match up" as if we didn't literally just fight the same match up five minutes before. I felt insulted and I don't think that guys Chun is drastically better than mine.

Seeing a lot of "Now that SF4 is over.. SFV will be my game, I will dedicate 100% of my all to it" tweets

6 years later

"Now that SFV is over.." etc etc

SFIV isn't even over. We have two months to go.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Something asshole-ish happened tonight in endless after the Cup. During a long group set dude who plays Boxer fought another dude who played Chun. He goes,"oh, Balrog x Chun? This is always a fun match up" as if we didn't literally just fight the same match up five minutes before. I felt insulted and I don't think that guys Chun is drastically better than mine.

You'll meet people like that on the regular basis, you don't have to prove anything to any other player, only to yourself. That's how you'll improve and not get stuck in the idea that you have to attain a certain level of skill to be recognized by randoms instead of always aiming to do your best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom