• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

Just past chapter 5 in xenoblade x and I turn into Alisa from Tekken. Cool.

Gotta do deadlifts for days. I like that my girlfriend isn't afraid to lift and do weights. It's great and it doesn't add bulk, she gets stronger and feels a lot more confident in herself.
I wish that stigma would go away for some people, some of my friends are too afraid of it because of that.

I wouldn't mind a Street Fighter with this aesthetic tho.

FIGURE-011986_06.jpg
New Generation and 2nd Impact is the closest you'll ever get. Thats Nishimura's art and she left capcom a long time ago.

Rainy

Banned
As someone said in the other thread, totally does look like a romcom from that cover

Not that I'm complaining

Anne

I suppose so, haha.

IMO, a good anti-air has:
1) Low startup.
2) Combo-ability.
3) Head invincibility.
4) Flexibility in application.
5) Good vertical range.

I would say that 6A only has 3), and 2) only on counterhit.

Most of the characters I main across games don't play the game, but they have an attribute or two that I like that draws me to them.

You're asking for an S tier AA, I can only think of like 2 AAs that are that strong and even then they aren't incredible. AA in BB works differently than most games anyways, Omex has a whole video on it I posted here. Having something like a strong 5A AA is really nice in this game.

MrDaravon

They're actually calling this edition of the game the "hot package" on the bottom of the cover.

Did the hot ryu thing catch on at Capcom?

Yeah was wondering about that as well. I could imagine that some folks at Capcom USA are aware of that, but Capcom Japan?

Yeah, she's basically locked to that.

Is she actually worth buying? I need to check out Dissidia 012 at some point, have it digitally but haven't touched it (no Vita, would be playing on PSTV most likely). I was always super interested in it but never played it because I find the PSP really uncomfortable to hold.

Snake Eyez top 8...

I always believed in him
mjcry1.png
Count didn't. :scust:

Yeah was wondering about that as well. I could imagine that some folks at Capcom USA are aware of that, but Capcom Japan?

Is she actually worth buying? I need to check out Dissidia 012 at some point, have it digitally but haven't touched it (no Vita, would be playing on PSTV most likely). I was always super interested in it but never played it because I find the PSP really uncomfortable to hold.
She's a great assist for certain characters, but by no means a requirement in order to do well since Sephiroth and Kuja are the best assists

ArjanN

So actually looking at that, the main app had no activity on it for 6 months at all.

But they did decide to add entries for all of the DLC on consoles: colors, voices, and character unlocks a month ago.

So it's not actually as dead as it seems. Wishful thinking is that its up for sale soon if they are deciding on how to bundle the DLC.

https://steamdb.info/sub/87433/info/

ASW's Shini has said (on the Steam forums) there's:

- a game coming in December
- a "secret project" that's coming next year, neither BBCPE or Sign I think.
- BBCPE is January according to H2 interactive's site.

So logic would suggest the December game is Xrd Sign.

ASW's Shini has said (on the Steam forums) there's:

- a game coming in December
- a "secret project" that's coming next year, neither BBCPE or Sign I think.
- BBCPE is January according to H2 interactive's site.

So logic would suggest the December game is Xrd Sign.

ASW pls. Seems a bit crazy that they'd launch it this month with absolutely no fanfare but then that seems to be the way for a lot of these Japanese games.

I'd be so happy for Sign to be on PC, I might actually play it this time!

Line_HTX

Huh... Yuuki from SAO is going to be a playable character as a timed free launch DLC for the updated Dengeki Bunko "Ignition" console version.

Huh... Yuuki from SAO is going to be a playable character as a timed free launch DLC for the updated Dengeki Bunko "Ignition" console version.

Yeah, good for SAO fans i guess. She is pretty cool as far as that show goes so i'm not that salty.

I just hope the game comes to the west. In a reasonable time frame.

hitsugi

Snake Eyez top 8...

I always believed in him
mjcry1.png

People embarrassed themselves trying to counter-pick him. Namely, Gackt and Humanbomb. I don't get how you go 2-2 and decide you're going to bet it on someone you don't play just because it's a better match up....

Line_HTX

Yeah, good for SAO fans i guess. She is pretty cool as far as that show goes so i'm not that salty.

I just hope the game comes to the west. In a reasonable time frame.

This time I would love a fully localized version with dual audio.

First game didn't, so fat chance in hell this would too.

I love that Kazumi you got there. That and Labrys. :)

BadWolf

You're asking for an S tier AA, I can only think of like 2 AAs that are that strong and even then they aren't incredible. AA in BB works differently than most games anyways, Omex has a whole video on it I posted here. Having something like a strong 5A AA is really nice in this game.
I thought about writing "at least half of these", or "most of these", because I felt the same way after making the list. :p

Still, the point is that Hakumen doesn't have a good AA in CPEX. Hopefully the 2C changes are enough in CF.

Anne

I thought about writing "at least half of these", or "most of these", because I felt the same way after making the list. :p

Still, the point is that Hakumen doesn't have a good AA in CPEX. Hopefully the 2C changes are enough in CF.

I think you're wrong though :p between 5A, 6A, 5C, 2C, 5D you can AA pretty well. The thing is you have to know how to use all of those between throwing out stuff like j.C to deal with air approach as well. He definitely has good AA options, just have to set up the situation right and pick the correct one.

Again, in BB when you AA you're basically engaging in RPS more than in most games cause all the aerial options, hitboxes, and barrier existing.

Just more characters would make me happy (and not waiting a year for western version)

Since Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is in, playable Futayo please?
If we're doing SAO overdose anyway, let's get Sinon then.
Or just give me anyone from Durarara playable really. Like Ruri or Anri or Varona.

I love that Kazumi you got there. That and Labrys. :)

Merci~ =3

『Inaba Resident』;188294690 said:
Yuuki is fine. I just want Baccano characters. Give me Ladd Russo

I need to get around to watching that i think..

I think you're wrong though :p between 5A, 6A, 5C, 2C, 5D you can AA pretty well. The thing is you have to know how to use all of those between throwing out stuff like j.C to deal with air approach as well. He definitely has good AA options, just have to set up the situation right and pick the correct one.

Again, in BB when you AA you're basically engaging in RPS more than in most games cause all the aerial options, hitboxes, and barrier existing.
I tend to think ASW agrees with me, since they removed 6A as an AA and made 2C into a legit AA. :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
KOFXIV impressions from an old school KOF player (seems he didn't like XIII much):

So far XIV sounds like it plays like a KOF that both old and new school KOF players can jump right into. It's also the first time they are incorporating mechanics specifically for new or less experienced players.

Liking everything I'm reading there. Hype levels increasing.

Line_HTX

Was is this 6A, 5A, AAA, 35C stuff? You guys talking about bra sizes? What is this?

Notations for Arcsys 2D fighters. The numbers are the directions. Look at your numpad and you'll get it.

5 is neutral and 623 is SRK.

Just more characters would make me happy (and not waiting a year for western version)

Since Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is in, playable Futayo please?
If we're doing SAO overdose anyway, let's get Sinon then.
Or just give me anyone from Durarara playable really. Like Ruri or Anri or Varona.

Merci~ =3

OMG, I would love a playable Sinon. Fully ranged, all zone and better than Hawkeye.

XD

Anne

I tend to think ASW agrees with me, since they removed 6A as an AA and made 2C into a legit AA. :p

I mean, they swapped out 6A for 2C sure, but it's actually not that crazy in CF still and he still uses his other options a lot. I think it's cool they decided to give him the big button option instead of splitting it up into other buttons, but it actually doesn't change all that much. They really just made it easier to hit that thing instead of having 6A in those situations. 5A is still probably his best AA in CF.

You should. Really good show.
KOFXIV impressions from an old school KOF player (seems he didn't like XIII much):

So far XIV sounds like it plays like a KOF that both old and new school KOF players can jump right into. It's also the first time they are incorporating mechanics specifically for new or less experienced players.

Sounds good. Actually pretty excited to play it

Looks like Nine's Gravity Well spell is unblockable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw8ipXfzgrQ&feature=youtu.be&t=515

Was is this 6A, 5A, AAA, 35C stuff? You guys talking about bra sizes? What is this?
Anime and 3D fighters use numpad notation. Instead of c.A, you say 2A.

I mean, they swapped out 6A for 2C sure, but it's actually not that crazy in CF still and he still uses his other options a lot. I think it's cool they decided to give him the big button option instead of splitting it up into other buttons, but it actually doesn't change all that much. They really just made it easier to hit that thing instead of having 6A in those situations. 5A is still probably his best AA in CF.
They gave 2C head invulnerability. I think it will be better than 5A.

The point is that his only head invulnerable AA sucks. :p

5D isn't a good option in CPEX because of the slow startup. It's a lot better in CF (if you can still hold it - can you still hold it?).

Anne

This seems overly complicated. What's wrong with just saying DP motion or neutral A?

It's actually faster and easier to type out, and it's universal and works in multiple languages.

They gave 2C head invulnerability. I think it will be better than 5A.

The point is that his only head invulnerable AA sucks. :p

5D isn't a good option in CPEX because of the slow startup. It's a lot better in CF (if you can still hold it - can you still hold it?).

Head invuln doesn't matter when your move has 50~ frames worth of time whiffing vs 15~. BB neutral is really weird. 5D has 6f start up, the same amount of time it takes head invuln to kick in actually so it's not too bad on committed things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom