• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would probably be easier if it was in sequence of telephone and not 10-key.

If you need memorize it or use a reference.

The logic is a 3x3 grid that represents a gate for a stick. the majority of the motions performed are going to be done in the lower part of the grid, so it makes sense that 1 begins at the bottom row.

If there's one thing that XRD/Anime helps you with, it's blocking.

If you can block stuff like Zato's crazyness or Millia than you can definitely block a basic ambiguous jump in.

Line_HTX

I'll admit, I always hated listening to "Meter burn b+3" for both NRS games. And also I finally knew how to SRK in ASW games because I was already used to doing that motion in Tekken for electrics or wavedashing. I understood it as 6(5)23 in numpad notation instead of being told to do a weird ass Z-motion. Thanks you regular Jin's Electric for teaching me to DP out of blockstrings as Ragna later on, LOL

so the lesson is, if you want to body people at SF4, play xrd?

Seems like a legit lesson. Xrd will train you to be better at Street Fighter both offensively and defensively. ;D

Kalamari

How do players in other languages besides English explain stick direction and motion when talking face to face? Do they say the equivalent of forward, down, down-forward, or six, two, three, or something else entirely?

Rhapsody

Banned
How do people shorten inputs like Magnetic Blast btw? Same goes for typing out Guile's super input (or just charges in general) in regular notation?

Honestly, I use both notations. Just whichever is used for each game. Not that hard to flip between the two for me.
Just curious about the inputs above or for any other weird ones like pretzel motions.

FACE

Banned
How do players in other languages besides English explain stick direction and motion when talking face to face? Do they say the equivalent of forward, down, down-forward, or six, two, three, or something else entirely?

I use numbers even for SF.

Edit: Except when talking to someone who speaks english.

Numb

Just the same but in different languages. Numbers and directions are still ok. Although english is used more than wasting time with other stuff. Atleast here
This was supposedly his last hurrah tournament.

RIP bud

Just use all of them through eachother, honestly. English, Dutch, numpad, drawing the motion in the air with my fingers.

Start with English SF stuff when i know they're SF players. Start with numbers when i know they're anime players. Start with Dutch when they're newbies.

How do people shorten inputs like Magnetic Blast btw? Same goes for typing out Guile's super input (or just charges in general) in regular notation?

Honestly, I use both notations. Just whichever is used for each game. Not that hard to flip between the two for me.
Just curious about the inputs above or for any other weird ones like pretzel motions.
Guile is , f, b, f, AAA.

Magnetic Blast I actually seen written in numpad notation a lot.

If there's one thing that XRD/Anime helps you with, it's blocking.

If you can block stuff like Zato's crazyness or Millia than you can definitely block a basic ambiguous jump in.
It confuses me when a SF commentator praises someone for good blocking, and it just means holding down-back through a series of low jabs.

Numb

I wonder if that Tulip Festival Netherlands stage in Tag 2 is a real place with the giant clock on a mound full of flowers.

d5cc287a-fcef-46da-a9bf-3b05a39ded39.jpg
google says yes

It confuses me when a SF commentator praises someone for good blocking, and it just means holding down-back through a series of low jabs.

You know it's not always that simple. There's frame traps, throws, command throws, overheads, Elena, 90 different ways to blow up crouch techs.

At least in XRD you have FD's.. for what its worth.

Coda

Code:
[IMG]http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2015/12/07_kof14info08.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone that says KOF XIV is a bad looking game is wrong. May not be crazy in graphics department but it still has some nice textures and a very clean look to it.

BadWolf

Code:

Anyone that says KOF XIV is a bad looking game is wrong. May not be crazy in graphics department but it still has some nice textures and a very clean look to it.

Yeah and people who played it said that it looks quite good in person, much better than what people are seeing online. There's also the fact that they are playing it in 60fps, which the match vids uploaded to youtube are not.

Oh and the guy who posted his impressions said that Andy and Kula look early in development, much like Kyo and Iori did in the first trailers. On the other hand Kyo, Iori, Leona and Chang look nice and detailed now.

It will keep improving visually as it gets closer to launch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Code:

Nah, that's pretty bad looking, and clean is probably the last word I'd use to describe all that aliasing. Just because it has some detailed textures doesn't mean it immediately looks nice.

Environments and lighting are probably the two things that need the most work.

I don't like how KI or the NRS games look aesthetically, but graphically they're fine. But unless KOF14 was the first thing you saw waking up from a 12-year coma, there's no way the graphics look anywhere close to passable. KI, MKX, SFV, and Xrd all run in 3D at 60fps on the same/similar hardware.

Coda

I never said that KOF XIV's graphics were the best or anything, and yes most other fighters have better graphics. But I'm pretty fine with the way it looks, knowing that it will improve as well just as every next-gen fighter has since they were announced.

The animations on the other hand...damn I dunno, they just look so fisher price right now.

BadWolf

I don't like how KI or the NRS games look aesthetically, but graphically they're fine. But unless KOF14 was the first thing you saw waking up from a 12-year coma, there's no way the graphics look anywhere close to passable. KI, MKX, SFV, and Xrd all run in 3D at 60fps on the same/similar hardware.

Xrd had how many characters at launch? How many will SFV have?

For me the graphics are very much passable for a 50 character roster, especially since they are still clearly working on the visuals and they will improve when the game is released.

But most importantly they seem to be nailing the gameplay and classic KOF feel.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah and people who played it said that it looks quite good in person, much better than what people are seeing online. There's also the fact that they are playing it in 60fps, which the match vids uploaded to youtube are not.

Oh and the guy who posted his impressions said that Andy and Kula look early in development, much like Kyo and Iori did in the first trailers. On the other hand Kyo, Iori, Leona and Chang look nice and detailed now.

It will keep improving visually as it gets closer to launch.
In person it still looked bad to me.

Dahbomb

I don't know the notation for Charge moves in SF but for Marvel 3 people alternate a lot between Numpad and standard notation. Standard notation is u, u/f, f + L/M/H compared to d, d/f, f+L/M/H for Disruptor. However just like tiger knee is a thing people just refer to that motion as the Mag Blast motion sometimes. Some people just say up towards as well.

Clawww

no, I don't use a decoder ring, I use that thing inside my skull.

i might be a freak because whatever I've got in there allows me to understand numpad notation. maybe it is a decoder ring?

WarRock

This was his first time out of Brazil right?

So damn impressive seeing him go toe to toe with players that have been travelling and competing for years at the highest level.
He went to DreamHack thanks to a crowdfunding.

Keoma vs Luffy
vs Reiketsu
vs Humanbomb

Code:
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2015/12/07_kof14info08.jpg

Art direction still sucks, but the tech is way better than the reveal.

YoungOne

I can read anyway how people do their notations, but I always preferred the number notation just it's just cleaner and I can look at a site in another languague and instantly know what they are doing or get an idea of it.

4r5

I came up with numpad notation for my own notes, back when I was a little kid playing Tekken 3. Then I found tekkenzaibatsu.com and was like fffffffffffffffff

Xrd had how many characters at launch? How many will SFV have?

For me the graphics are very much passable for a 50 character roster, especially since they are still clearly working on the visuals and they will improve when the game is released.

But most importantly they seem to be nailing the gameplay and classic KOF feel.

MKX launched with 25 characters and looked great

There's loads of possible reasons for why KOF14 looks like a PS2 game, and let's not pretend it doesn't look bad. It's just extra confusing because KOF13 was one of the best looking games of the last generation but somehow all those assets they spent years making got dropped off at the dumpster in favor of Kyo looking like Rayman.

BadWolf

MKX launched with 25 characters and looked great

There's loads of possible reasons for why KOF14 looks like a PS2 game, and let's not pretend it doesn't look bad. It's just extra confusing because KOF13 was one of the best looking games of the last generation but somehow all those assets they spent years making got dropped off at the dumpster in favor of Kyo looking like Rayman.

Yeah, that's half.

And if you don't understand why they had to drop the 2D sprites then there isn't much else to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom