• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
where did marvel folks get all their tech from? youtube?

srk forums are a fucking mess.
They used to be good. The Dormammu Thread was the most organized systematic source of knowledge on a character out there. Then SRK updated their forum code without telling anyone, completely breaking my thread. So I went through and fixed it as they added more advertisements that slowed the site to a crawl. Then they updated it again and broke the thread. That's when I said "fuck it" and dropped the whole thing.

I like how Dustloop tried to do a revamp and I said the ideas would kill the place and the low level players who were left would take it over as a social hub.

I usually don't get things like this that right.
What did they revamp?

The mods there have sticks up their butts. Deviate at all from the topic and they get on you, even though no one's posting. -_-

El Sloth

Banned
Playstation channel uploaded a pretty cool vid with Ono talking about the mindset he and his team have going in to making a new Street Fighter game, how PSN (and presumably XBL) and the data they gather from it has effected the way they consider new characters and the way they play (specifically bringing up Rashid as example, and interestingly talks about the old Street Fighter 2 national tournaments that Capcom threw in Japan back in the day. He hints at maybe wanting to try doing something similar (in Japan) again, which would be very cool.

He also lowkey throws some shade at the "esports" tag lol

Line_HTX

YT
Taktak1893 vids alone i've spent more hours that i would want to know

Yes. This channel is the most reliable one for Tekken matchvids.

I used to lurk Tekken Zaibatsu all the time for basic character info and strategy in matchups. Now it just feels like a wasteland and no one ever goes there anymore because of the Facebook group Kor's Tekken Academy, LOL

There's no one that's crazier than Kane for Lili tech. Learning Lili's quirks was a lot of fun.

I believe Kumubou did his best with Lili? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Almost all of the people at 1up ended up in multiple big gigs. Without exaggeration, I am confident in saying that the 1up days were probably the best time to be a gamer on the internet. Everything was fun, nothing was too serious, people were acutely honest and there was less conforming, all of the personalities were in their prime, including people at other places like GameSpot who later ended up in GiantBomb etc.

Either that or I really have completed the transition to jaded gamer.

Wasn't Mr Jared at 1up at some point?

Anyway someone posted the old 1up show episodes on a playlist which is pretty neat.
https://youtu.be/4E8zOmfSEdA?list=PLv7my1uLrkeyVniRElsEdclHPvNQ9mbYl

edit: yeah Jared cameo real early.

Numb

Yes. This channel is the most reliable one for Tekken matchvids.

I used to lurk Tekken Zaibatsu all the time for basic character info and strategy in matchups. Now it just feels like a wasteland and no one ever goes there anymore because of the Facebook group Kor's Tekken Academy, LOL

There's no one that's crazier than Kane for Lili tech. Learning Lili's quirks was a lot of fun.

I believe Kumubou did his best with Lili? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Zaibatsu ain't what it used to be. Learned my Jinpachit tech there.
And i ain't about that facebook life either. There wasa another forum too but that was buds hanging mostly. Now just chilling in Tekken-GAF.

Dustloop and SRK need to look at themselves to figure out why they're losing people and turning into ghost towns. It for sure isn't a lack of interest.
Breh let's be real here this isn't the first time you have tried to call me out.

I meant that my post wasn't directed at you, I was just using it as a jumping off point for the topic.

Tularensis

Neo Member
SRK's CvS2 section was amazing back in the day. I haven't checked it out since their horrible redesign, but I remember having everything I could possibly want to know about any aspect of the game readily available. Between SRK and the surprising number of awesome tutorials on gamefaqs (Buktooths N-Iori faq is still excellent), it was pretty easy to get into pretty much any fg at the time. Nowdays all the information is spread along so many sources that finding relevant information is one of the harder aspects of trying a new game. Finding info on BBCPEX has been an absolute nightmare because of this and all the different revisions.

Also, are you up for a set tonight Karst? We didn't get to play you nearly as much as I would have liked the other day.

shaowebb

Okay, I'm seeing some Max mode combos and such out of KOF 14 and I just saw KYO do a wallbounce into runup to followup for full combo. I'm seeing some stuff now.

My big question though I want to know if I can use Max Mode like an xfactor or baroque cancel? Like can I do an auto combo confirm and Max Mode cancel out of it into the wallbounce combo stuff. It'd be a good beginner tactic till BNB can be solidly conditioned.

shaowebb

What's a Baroque Cancel? Odd name for musical time period.

This is a baroque cancel

Essentially by hitting the Assist button+Attack you could cancel out of the recovery of any move with complete invincibility. It consumed your red health to do and depending on the amount of red health you had you would gain increasingly larger bonuses to damage...also your speed was improved and in baroque you could string together moves you normally couldn't. However, be warned...drop the soap and baroque ends, all bonuses stop and your red health is gone. Dont drop combos or go for resets with baroque unless you dont give a shit about throwing health away.

You could also use this cancel to negate the blowback effect of the 2bar combo breaker tool known as "megacrash" on reaction if you were damned fast and in your opponent's head. Baroque was a far better system than X-factor by far. Good risk/reward to it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Baroque cancel is one of the worst names for a thing in a fighting game. Unless it's a deliberate pun on the word 'broke' in which case it's the best

Marz

Dont ever watch anime. I watched Death Note up until J died or whatever

Since people were telling me its not your typical anime.

Really terrible. Good premise for like the first 2 episodes and then it fell into the usual problem of Animes not being able to tell a coherent story without deviating off into a bunch of nonsense even the dialogue is laughably bad. Then this random girl shows up and killed the cool mature theme they had going on even further.

Not watching anymore shitty anime what a waste of time.

shaowebb

Baroque cancel is one of the worst names for a thing in a fighting game. Unless it's a deliberate pun on the word 'broke' in which case it's the best

You'd love the training mode shenanigan's folks did...you could turn on "free Baroque" and just use it rapid fire in training mode for shit. So double pun there...free and broke.

There was a stream awhile back where some dudes hit the lab and used free baroque with Sougenmu Zero projectiles to cancel is projectiles into more projectiles the second they fired. It was like a strobe light lol! If I can find the stream I'll post the timestamp sometime.

Tripon

Really terrible. Good premise for like the first 2 episodes and then it fell into the usual problem of Animes not being able to tell a coherent story without deviating off into a bunch of nonsense even the dialogue is laughably bad. Then this random girl shows up and killed the cool mature theme they had going on even further.

Watch One Punch Man. It's not like other anime.

Tularensis

Neo Member
Okay, I'm seeing some Max mode combos and such out of KOF 14 and I just saw KYO do a wallbounce into runup to followup for full combo. I'm seeing some stuff now.

My big question though I want to know if I can use Max Mode like an xfactor or baroque cancel? Like can I do an auto combo confirm and Max Mode cancel out of it into the wallbounce combo stuff. It'd be a good beginner tactic till BNB can be solidly conditioned.

Unless I'm understanding wrong, then yeah you can cancel a regular BnB into max and continue combing. Is this what you're talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVy7RZQsSR4

Dahbomb

This came out of nowhere lol.

Line_HTX

This is a baroque cancel

Essentially by hitting the Assist button+Attack you could cancel out of the recovery of any move with complete invincibility. It consumed your red health to do and depending on the amount of red health you had you would gain increasingly larger bonuses to damage...also your speed was improved and in baroque you could string together moves you normally couldn't. However, be warned...drop the soap and baroque ends, all bonuses stop and your red health is gone. Dont drop combos or go for resets with baroque unless you dont give a shit about throwing health away.

You could also use this cancel to negate the blowback effect of the 2bar combo breaker tool known as "megacrash" on reaction if you were damned fast and in your opponent's head. Baroque was a far better system than X-factor by far. Good risk/reward to it.

I hated the look of Tatsunoko, but damn, that mechanic is pretty sick. I wonder why they didn't put that in UMvC3. Imagine Morrigan or Vergil with Baroque Cancel... XD

Watch Monogatari for all the fucking dialogue you can get. :p

I kid. I kid. You get on One Punch Man or RIOT!!

Dahbomb

3093393_o.gif

shaowebb

Unless I'm understanding wrong, then yeah you can cancel a regular BnB into max and continue combing. Is this what you're talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVy7RZQsSR4
Yup. Thats the vid. I'd like to know how Max mode works and if I can cancel out of stuff into it like Baroque cancels or something to follow up things that ordinarily couldn't be combo-ed from.
I hated the look of Tatsunoko, but damn, that mechanic is pretty sick. I wonder why they didn't put that in UMvC3. Imagine Morrigan or Vergil with Baroque Cancel... XD

Agreed. Baroque was amazing. Check out this vid to see the silliness you can do with Free Baroque in lab only

I wanna do Tekkaman's beam super (called Voltekka) and DHC into Sougenmu and start firing rapid baroque cancelled projectiles with Zero sometime like on that one dude's twitch I mentioned. Its hilarious. Its like Dark Phoenix Zero mode gif material!

This is a baroque cancel

Don't forget it resets your double jump

If I'm not wrong, that's pretty much like 02's buffering of BC/MAX mode during an attack no? I can't tell if the dash after that is automatic like in XIII or manual like 02. If it's like 02 then that means that the activation itself won't serve as a cancel.

Shackzam

Ippo is too good, man. I caught up on the anime a couple months ago. Still need to read the manga.

Also, gonna drop this. I'll refrain from embedding to avoid breaking people's browsers.
http://orig07.deviantart.net/bb22/f...n_fist_gif_by_thatguythere_seehim-d7cc2fw.gif
Oh man, you need to read the manga. They are somehow able to make even better fights then the ones you've watched. I can't believe the manga had so many chapters when I started reading it.

Tularensis

Neo Member
If I'm not wrong, that's pretty much like 02's buffering of BC/MAX mode during an attack no? I can't tell if the dash after that is automatic like in XIII or manual like 02. If it's like 02 then that means that the activation itself won't serve as a cancel.

It seems to be more inline with XIII activation. The run is automatic. From Labans post on SRK http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10496706/#Comment_10496706, he says this about Max:

MAX mode is like a combination of aspects from KOF98's, KOF2002's, and KOFXIII's ABC/BC button activation modes. Unlike KOF2002 or KOFXIII, MAX mode doesn't allow canceling specials into other specials nor does it allow having previously un-cancel-able normals. (eg. KOFXIII and KOF2002 Kyo's Far D can't cancel into anything, but when in MAX/HD mode, it can cancel into special moves like his rekkas.) What MAX mode now does do is it allows the character to have access to EX moves. Using an EX move during MAX mode takes away a chunk from the draining activation meter similar to how HD cancels in HD mode took away portions of the draining meter. EX moves are only available in MAX mode. That said, EX moves are revamped when compared to KOFXIII. Instead of super fast, just-do-it moves, they're toned in a way that it compliments how it's used within MAX mode. Andy's EX projectile in KOFXIII used to be a super fast projectile that is hard to react to and pops the opponent high into the air on hit. In XIV, it's a slower version of his normal projectile and acts as a fat "Sonic Boom." There isn't any move thus far that is like KOFXIII Kim's EX Hangetsuzan or as I have observed during the whole weekend.

Activating MAX mode also freezes the screen like Under Night In-birth's Chain Shift when activated manually without canceling into it, allowing the player to react to the situation and respond accordingly. But if an opponent tries to hit the activation and the attack overlaps the player's character during the freeze, the player will be hit. So although it recovers quickly after screen freeze, it's not an instant recovery and could be hit right after activation if the attack goes active immediately. An attack initiated after the freeze would generally be blocked though. More testing is required.

When canceling your normal attacks into MAX mode like in KOFXIII, the player's character automatically dashes towards the opponent's character. This is easier than having to manually run up to the other player's character in games such as KOF2002 and KOF2002UM. When doing the MAX mode activation cancel, the screen won't freeze like how manually activating MAX mode does during the neutral game. I can picture larger combos starting from a hit confirm into BC activate/MAX mode activation cancel into another BnB into an EX move that could be canceled into a Desperation Move. We weren't able to really test out if there are ways to cancel Desperation Moves into Climax attacks yet. When using this activation cancel, it consumes 1 stock of meter, which is different than KOF2002 in which it usually consumes 2 stocks. Don't be alarmed; MAX mode's drainage meter is about half the size it would have been if it had been manually activated. Usually players are only able to do two EX moves before the meter runs out, which is limited compared to manually activating MAX mode and having access to about three to four uses of EX moves. Much more needs to be explored with the MAX mode combo system.

Marz

Breh didn't you hear, all anime is trash and is a waste of time because Marz saw half of Death Note.

When i watch a critically acclaimed anime and its complete shit, probly safe to assume the same about most others.

Edit: Basically anime is incredibly overrated as a storytelling medium and i dont get what people like about it. Artsyle? Animation? I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom