• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Baroque was a far better system than X-factor by far. Good risk/reward to it.

It only works in a game that has a combo breaker.

Take that away and it's easily worse than X-Factor.

(PS: To add to a tired argument that's several pages late, number notation is superior. TvC's wavedash command is 6565695. Try getting that across as quickly using any other notation.)

Rhapsody

Banned
I like how Dustloop tried to do a revamp and I said the ideas would kill the place and the low level players who were left would take it over as a social hub.

I usually don't get things like this that right.

Besides poking around in character forums when a new version is released all I see is
"This character is broken, my brother says so and I agree"
"This discussion should belong in Zepp Museum"

Then I went to the Nine forums for info. General discussion is slowly getting started, but I see a Discord thread and didn't feel like lurking in a chat for info.

If we're talking anime/manga then we gotta talk about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Part 7 is godlike.

Oh man, you need to read the manga. They are somehow able to make even better fights then the ones you've watched. I can't believe the manga had so many chapters when I started reading it.

I know, I've been meaning to get around to it but there's too much shit to watch and read. I'll probably start it during my winter break.

vulva

(PS: To add to a tired argument that's several pages late, number notation is superior. TvC's wavedash command is 6565695. Try getting that across as quickly using any other notation.)

I had to look at that for awhile before I realized it was just hit toward three times and go up on the third time.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

I WANT TO DIVE LOSTO MIND! I WANT TO DIVE LOSTO MIND! WHY WHY WHY WHY

Ippo is too good, man. I caught up on the anime a couple months ago. Still need to read the manga.

Also, gonna drop this. I'll refrain from embedding to avoid breaking people's browsers.
http://orig07.deviantart.net/bb22/f...n_fist_gif_by_thatguythere_seehim-d7cc2fw.gif

God when I first started reading Ippo, it took me around a semester to actually catch up with the manga, there is so much and I would never re-read it, wayyyy too much detail. However, I'm glad I read it, it makes the anime somehow look worse! Which is a ridiculous thing to say cause the anime is really well done.

God when I first started reading Ippo, it took me around a semester to actually catch up with the manga, there is so much and I would never re-read it, wayyyy too much detail. However, I'm glad I read it, it makes the anime somehow look worse! Which is a ridiculous thing to say cause the anime is really well done.

That's usually the case. Manga just has more detail due to it being stills. Prime example being One Punch Man. While the anime looks fantastic it's never going to beat this.

e66253b77379c92527e254c294e244c71362610434_full.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
It only works in a game that has a combo breaker.

Take that away and it's easily worse than X-Factor.

Is this like a standard wavedash? Or that super looking one that makes characters like Yatterman go really far?

4r5

Besides poking around in character forums when a new version is released all I see is
"This character is broken, my brother says so and I agree"
"This discussion should belong in Zepp Museum"

Then I went to the Nine forums for info. General discussion is slowly getting started, but I see a Discord thread and didn't feel like lurking in a chat for info.

Dustloop's quality has been downhill for a long time. But after the updates/upgrades, I can barely look at it, let alone read and post.

Dahbomb

When i watch a critically acclaimed anime and its complete shit, probly safe to assume the same about most others.

Edit: Basically anime is incredibly overrated as a storytelling medium and i dont get what people like about it. Artsyle? Animation? I guess
Death Note is a popular anime, not exactly a critically acclaimed anime. Critically acclaimed would be stuff like Monster or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

It's like making a huge assumption on games by playing just Call of Duty.

With that said... 99.99% of anime is most definitely trash. Even the biggest fans of it would admit to this.

El Sloth

Banned
Death Note is a popular anime, not exactly a critically acclaimed anime. Critically acclaimed would be stuff like Monster or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Or Ping Pong The Animation. Or Evangelion. Or Mushishi.

Death Note is not some pillar of quality in the genre. It's just a dumb fun romp like Code Geass or G Gundam.

Anne

That whole thread is thirsty moron though. I hope somebody can appreciate the irony.

Fighting game threads and this forum bring out the thirstiest, creepiest shit I see on this place outside of lolicon threads. I don't see irony I just see a desert.

Producer

When i watch a critically acclaimed anime and its complete shit, probly safe to assume the same about most others.

Edit: Basically anime is incredibly overrated as a storytelling medium and i dont get what people like about it. Artsyle? Animation? I guess

Critically acclaimed by who, crunchyroll forums?

Dahbomb

Death Note is not some pillar of quality in the genre. It's just a dumb fun romp like Code Geass or G Gundam.
First season of Death Note is like the first season of Prison Break. It's highly addicting and you are just vortexed into the twists and crazy plans even though you know everything is bat shit insane. It's not high art but it's god damn fun.

Second season of Death Note is pretty bad, almost to the level of parody of the first season.

best animes are mecha animes aka gundam, giant robo, etc. Still have to watch paltabor, kinda skimmed through the movie. Gundam pretty much the best anime series

I also agree that death note sucked

WarRock

With that said... 99.99% of anime is most definitely trash. Even the biggest fans of it would admit to this.
Sturgeon's law man.

I'm offended V:

Yes! More people need to watch Ping Pong. That anime is fantastic.
9Heckso.png

Is the entire manga colored like this?

Haha, I wish. It was only for that chapter. The manga is still amazingly detailed though. Here's another example.

415a714ad6ae7fe949695e015ea9d73b1362610704_full.gif

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Is this like a standard wavedash? Or that super looking one that makes characters like Yatterman go really far?

TvC doesn't have a "standard" (Marvel-style) wave dash. Dashes aren't crouch-cancelable, but they are jump-cancelable. You have to tilt the stick upward on the third forward input and instantly let it return to neutral so that you don't actually jump.

But yes, this is the input that lets Yatterman basically dash across the full screen.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
One-punch man and Prison School are two manga's that have had some of the best art direction in a damn while.

Hell no, the manga industry is cheap. :p

I would pay 30 dollars for each individual volume if it was colored. Its already out in America and its 7 volumes in, gonna go bite on that. They did it for Attack on Titan but that show pleased the casual crowd a lot so it got a colored version, One-punch man is gaining popularity but not to the extent Attack on Titan got...

Edit:

Real talk Marz, if you want some quality stuff, I'd suggest Ping Pong The Animation. Don't let the art fool you, it has some of the best writing I've seen for an anime, granted it won't compare to shows here in America that probably have 5 times the budget than compared to small companies in Japan.

El Sloth

Banned
First season of Death Note is like the first season of Prison Break. It's highly addicting and you are just vortexed into the twists and crazy plans even though you know everything is bat shit insane. It's not high art but it's god damn fun.

Second season of Death Note is pretty bad, almost to the level of parody of the first season.
it becomes total dogshit. at least Code Geass is hilarious in how dumb it gets. So so dumb. And giant robots.

ShinMaruku

One-punch man and Prison School are two manga's that have had some of the best art direction in a damn while.

I would pay 30 dollars for each individual volume if it was colored. Its already out in America and its 7 volumes in, gonna go bite on that. They did it for Attack on Titan but that show pleased the casual crowd a lot so it got a colored version, One-punch man is gaining popularity but not to the extent Attack on Titan got...

I wish some company would actually do that have the premium colour volume and see how it goes. All they need is to hit a proper number and it would make money.

Shackzam

Is attack of the titans live movie good?
NO DO NOT EVEN ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD IT. It's not worth your time. I wasted money on watching those pieces of shit. Ends up being a maze runner ending and Mike Tyson's jukebox being the villain or some shit. Complete garbage.

mbpm1

I joined when the whole Axel and VGX thing blew up, it was like reading through a drama and the plot never ended! Besides gossip, its a great place to just chill and talk about anime.

I joined when I discovered r/ Kappa

No actually I joined when I was looking for people talking about Evo 2012 bc I was hype

Rhapsody

Banned
TvC doesn't have a "standard" (Marvel-style) wave dash. Dashes aren't crouch-cancelable, but they are jump-cancelable. You have to tilt the stick upward on the third forward input and instantly let it return to neutral so that you don't actually jump.

But yes, this is the input that lets Yatterman basically dash across the full screen.

Ah, I see, thanks! I was always curious on how to do the input.

mbpm1

Real talk Marz, if you want some quality stuff, I'd suggest Ping Pong The Animation. Don't let the art fool you, it has some of the best writing I've seen for an anime, granted it won't compare to shows here in America that probably have 5 times the budget than compared to small companies in Japan.

I wouldn't suggest anything to someone who hates a medium unless you know what they like aside from it.

For example, maybe Marz likes gritty crime thrillers. Ping Pong ain't gonna help him there.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I joined when I discovered r/ Kappa

No actually I joined when I was looking for people talking about Evo 2012 bc I was hype

lol, never heard of r/kappa until they sponsored someone, not much of a reddit guy

I wouldn't suggest anything to someone who hates a medium unless you know what they like aside from it.

For example, maybe Marz likes gritty crime thrillers. Ping Pong ain't gonna help him there.

Psycho Pass ain't that good to be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom