• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
"*Sin, Elphelt and Leo can be unlocked using in-game currency, or they can be easily acquired by purchasing their respective DLCs"

Ughhhhhhhh god damn it please tell me they at least reduced the cost of unlocking characters at least =__=

Shackzam

prison-school.jpg

Psycho-Pass is a pretty good teenager's anime, but it'll probably ring hollow for adults. It's well executed but is kinda shallow and the violence isn't as shocking as it might've been in the 90s.

It's hard to recommend animes to first-time watchers sometimes because while stuff like Cowboy Bebop or Monster or Ghibli Movies are extremely well-made and are good pieces of storytelling regardless of context, I don't know if they really introduce people to the medium. If someone likes any of those things there isn't much else they can watch that isn't full of tropes or cultural references.

Busaiku

They tried releasing Dragon Ball Z in color too, didn't work out.
Most people reading these series don't care about color.
They did surveys and stuff on this.

Tularensis

Neo Member
Thanks for the set Milk. I'm getting a little more comfortable fighting Plat, but Azrael's weird ass movement still makes it difficult to navigate her mine field of items. But it looks like it sucks on her end of the matchup too; you have to play so well to keep him out, but one solid hit from Az and it's difficult to re-establish her zoning. Her dp and counter on wake up seems like it should make it a little easier, but I can definitely see it being a bitch if the Az player, unlike me, knows any solid combos to capitalize on those hits. GGs

Thanks for the set Milk. I'm getting a little more comfortable fighting Plat, but Azrael's weird ass movement still makes it difficult to navigate her mine field of items. But it looks like it sucks on her end of the matchup too; you have to play so well to keep him out, but one solid hit from Az and it's difficult to re-establish her zoning. Her dp and counter on wake up seems like it should make it a little easier, but I can definitely see it being a bitch if the Az player, unlike me, knows any solid combos to capitalize on those hits. GGs

yea ggs

platinum isn't a zoner and isn't good at zoning, and can't zone azrael. that portal dp thing he has eats bubble, missiles, and i think bombs . . . which is everything really

Tularensis

Neo Member
yea ggs

platinum isn't a zoner and isn't good at zoning, and can't zone azrael. that portal dp thing he has eats bubble, missiles, and i think bombs . . . which is everything really

I think it eats bombs, but I don't think I got any fb stacks with it, same with the bubble. But when we were playing it seemed way too risky to try to growler anything other than her missiles, and even that I wasn't too sure about. Is he fully invincible while absorbing projectiles? I was always too afraid of getting punished with its long ass recovery to absorb anything while you were too close.

Tizoc

FUCK MAHVEL 3
FUCK MAHVEL 3
FUCK MAHVEL 3
FUCK MAHVEL 3
FUCK MAHVEL 3
FUCK MAHVEL 3
FUCK MAHVEL 3
FUCK MAHVEL 3

DIG A GRAVE AND PUT ALL THE MAHVEL 3 DISCS AND BURY IT AND SALT THE EARTH AND BURN THE EARTH THAT'S UPON IT

THE REAL MAN AND WOMAN'S ANIME FIGHTER HAS FUCKING COME
WHEN'S MELTY?!
WHEN'S MELTY?!
WHEN'S MELTY?!
WHEN'S MELTY?!
WHEN'S MELTY?!
WHEN'S MELTY?!
WHEN'S MELTY?!
WHEN'S MELTY?!
WHEN'S MELTY?!
WHEN'S MELTY?!

FUCK MAHVEL 3
SOMEONE SLAP THE CURLEH MUSTACEH ON KOUMA
N9DyN0C.png

SOMEONE PHOTOSHOP THEM PAJAMAS INTO A MEIDO OUTFIT
giphy.gif

#WHEN'S MELTY?
#METLY4EVO16

LET'S GO
LET'S FUCKING GO

The release of Xrd SIGN on PC with a discount on first week and free DLC for the first month - and REVELATOR coming in 3 months - looks like an odious practice the grab cash fast before it's too late.

Anyway no Revelator no buy.

Tizoc

The release of Xrd SIGN on PC with a discount on first week and free DLC for the first month - and REVELATOR coming in 3 months - looks like an odious practice the grab cash fast before it's too late.

Anyway no Revelator no buy.

REVELATOR is Ch. 2 of Xrd, and until we get it released westward, more people can play Xrd, which will be featured during EVO 16.

Tularensis

Neo Member
Definitely gonna pick up MB and I may double dip on Xrd and CPEX so I can sell off my PS3. Not sure about UNiEL though. Game looks good, but trying to learn another anime game along side BB sounds like hell.

Line_HTX

Damn, I can't play Xrd because the new laptop I got last week is W10, LOL.

I'm pleasantly surprised ASW is bringing CPEX and Xrd with all the DLC onto Steam.

I never really liked Melty to begin with... It was sort of hype to watch that one year at EVO, but it just isn't for me.

Lol, Maidsports, aaaAAAaaa

Rhapsody

Banned
Now if only these ports can have godlike netcode (not holding my breath).

Really happy seeing Melty (and UNIEL) on Steam for next year.

Marz

It ain't a desert you're seeing. It's Mars.

Huehuehue

Critically acclaimed by who, crunchyroll forums?

I dunno the Ebert & Roeper of anime but i see it get recommended all over the place and saw it was well receieved enough back in the day to even be on CN

One-punch man and Prison School are two manga's that have had some of the best art direction in a damn while.

I would pay 30 dollars for each individual volume if it was colored. Its already out in America and its 7 volumes in, gonna go bite on that. They did it for Attack on Titan but that show pleased the casual crowd a lot so it got a colored version, One-punch man is gaining popularity but not to the extent Attack on Titan got...

Edit:

Real talk Marz, if you want some quality stuff, I'd suggest Ping Pong The Animation. Don't let the art fool you, it has some of the best writing I've seen for an anime, granted it won't compare to shows here in America that probably have 5 times the budget than compared to small companies in Japan.

Hmm ok ill check it out

I wouldn't suggest anything to someone who hates a medium unless you know what they like aside from it.

For example, maybe Marz likes gritty crime thrillers. Ping Pong ain't gonna help him there.

I pretty much like anything good. From the Wire to Rectify, theres a lot of shows i find compelling enough to watch. Ill even watch some technically bad stuff like Game of Thrones as long as its entertaining.

Garou MotW showed up in Steamdb registery too.
Last Blade is very likely coming to Steam as well.

You're doing things to me, Tizoc. 'Can't handle it right now.

PC is now showing it's a prime platform for fighters. Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, Under Night in Birth, Blazblue and Guilty Gear(that hopefully get timely ports of future versions), MELTY BLOOD, and now Garou and possibly Last Blade 2?!

What a time to be alive! 2015 is truly the year of dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom