• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

It fixed basically everything I didn't like about the game and made balance a lot more even. Veil Off Explosion is kind of dumb but it's actually not crazy impactful outside of a couple characters; usually it just ends a round a bit earlier by being a more efficient resource dump. It's a really good update, one of the best I've seen as far as character balance goes. Only real concern is there's no new content besides Phonon and Chaos, so Idk how they;ll sell it.
So are you saying they made Chaos an actual character this time?

Numb

I thought Bonchan was giving Misse to much street cred.
Then Misse took out his machete and killed everyone
Goddamn Misse is the sickest

You do realize this occurrence is in the extreme minority right? It sucks I'm dealing with it, but no PC gaming because you worry you "might" have a compatibility issue at some point? Kind of an extreme response.
I spent months trying to make games work on my last rig.

Kumubou

Are these balance changes enough to call this version [Super Turbo]?
Insomuch that people could play the game for years after release... maybe? The game seems fairly well-tuned.

I really hope they don't try to sell this as another disk release without some significant additional content. I wonder if they're going to add something like a Story mode (so now French Bread's writers can mash on a couple hundred more chuuni-ass buzzwords).

He was hanging out in Venice Beach yesterday.

I remember someone saying that Kazunoko is staying in America because he's going to attend NEC this coming weekend. Is Bonchan doing the same thing? Are any other internationals staying for NEC or just for the hell of it?

Numb

That humble bundle
anigif_enhanced-5019-1435707568-13.gif

Jumped on it quick
Soo good

Shouta

I remember someone saying that Kazunoko is staying in America because he's going to attend NEC this coming weekend. Is Bonchan doing the same thing? Are any other internationals staying for NEC or just for the hell of it?

Kazunoko is back in Japan as far as I know.

shaowebb

That's not a rig, that's a toaster.

If this is an accurate description of his old gear then I think I understand the problem...not something you can help though. No shame in the fact that gaming specs for computers get expensive to chase down. When its time to upgrade it hurts worse than a new console even if it generally buys you a decade of breathing room at a time.

If your computer was under spec or just at then yeah I feel for you. I'm currently looking to flip to Nvidia and a processor upgrade. Processor alone will be around $125 then the card can shoot up to $300-$400 easily. If you need a new fan and powersupply expect another hundred. Ain't anyone's fault for being forced to run whatever you have or just go console if your at the point where upgrading your computer requires tax returns to fund.

It was said that bonchan is flying back to japan tonight.

Months? Holy shit man what were you trying to play and what was your old rig running? Thats horrible.
It was the W40K Dawn of War game, and I don't even remember my specs. The issue was that the graphics card drivers fucked up the graphics and made them blocky if I was at the latest driver, but older drivers wouldn't run the game at all. I went through ~10 driver updates trying to find one that would work.

Bonus: the one that finally worked for W40K DIDN'T work for Diablo II, so I had to flip drivers every time I wanted to play a different game.

That humble bundle
anigif_enhanced-5019-1435707568-13.gif

Jumped on it quick
Soo good
Checking this out now.

That's not a rig, that's a toaster.
:-(

mbpm1

It was the W40K Dawn of War game, and I don't even remember my specs. The issue was that the graphics card drivers fucked up the graphics and made them blocky if I was at the latest driver, but older drivers wouldn't run the game at all. I went through ~10 driver updates trying to find one that would work.

Bonus: the one that finally worked for W40K DIDN'T work for Diablo II, so I had to flip drivers every time I wanted to play a different game.

Checking this out now.

:-(

A real Deejay of a computer

Beckx

Just got Garou running in Retroarch.

It's damn glorious.

Simplified instructions for anyone wanting to do that:

1. get retroarch
2. get the Arcade (FB Alpha) core (from menu, online updater, then core updater, choose Arcade (FB Alpha)
3. exit retroarch.
4. Run the .exe you got for the game from humble, which installs it.
5. go to the install folder for the game. select "gamename.zip" (e.g., garou.zip) and neogeo.zip and copy those files to a folder to hold your retroarch roms.
6. boot up retroarch. Load Core (Arcade (FB Alpha)). Load Content (your game rom, not the neogeo.zip rom).
7. enjoy! add scanlines with shaders (I'm using crt.hylian.simple right now)

SSV and Last Blade next!

onionfrog

Just got Garou running in Retroarch.

It's damn glorious.

Simplified instructions for anyone wanting to do that:

1. get retroarch
2. get the Arcade (FB Alpha) core (from menu, online updater, then core updater, choose Arcade (FB Alpha)
3. exit retroarch.
4. Run the .exe you got for the game from humble, which installs it.
5. go to the install folder for the game. select "gamename.zip" (e.g., garou.zip) and neogeo.zip and copy those files to a folder to hold your retroarch roms.
6. boot up retroarch. Load Core (Arcade (FB Alpha)). Load Content (your game rom, not the neogeo.zip rom).
7. enjoy! add scanlines with shaders (I'm using crt.hylian.simple right now)

SSV and Last Blade next!
This SNK humble bundle is so fucking good!

ShinMaruku

I want to jump back on the Juri Ibooty train, but I am so behind... Might just wait for them in 5 and put on their tiaras then and make people worship their queens. :E

Busaiku

Does Retroarch have online?
Been hearing it runs better than Fightcade.
Can't get Samurai Shodown V Special working there either.

Mizerman

Want to play all the grapplers +Vega, Ryu and Nash. Boiled it down to Mika and Vega at first. Too many good choices.

Exactly.

This is first time I actually want to play as Birdie. Ryu and Nash are on my radar, so is Necalli and Rashid. Maybe Karin as well.

My heart says Necalli will be my current main.

my Mind tells me that Karin/Chun-li/Bison/Vega will get me further and probably better choice
dat struggle.

For me it's probably going to be Ken, Necalli or Laura (assuming I like her playstyle). That said, they are all getting dropped for Urien once he gets released.

My heart says Necalli will be my current main.

my Mind tells me that Karin/Chun-li/Bison/Vega will get me further and probably better choice
dat struggle.

I get Karin, Bison, and Vega, but how is Chun going to get you far? All I've heard about her is that she sucks compared to rest of the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom