• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about ST's competitive history outside of like a dozen or so names, but when I was reading Daigo's ST manga the player Kameraya came up as the player with the greatest ground game, particularly with his sweeps. Seems like he was a player Daigo learned from. I looked him up on youtube and it's really godly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuAIOf_9aU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2O5AWiDbp8

I finally got to see the Infiltration video where he shares his thoughts on SFV. I don't necessarily shares his views on SFV being too simple, but a big part of that is because I'm ready to move on from SFIV.

Momochi's views on SFV from a month ago or so. 2:06:00

http://www.twitch.tv/momochoco/v/10981603

Momochi likes the fact that crouch techs and invulnerable backdashes were takes away. On the other hand, Infiltration doesn't like that they were taken away.

WarRock

Are you saying the match is NEcro's favour or Elena's?
Neither, just that the match is annoying as hell as me playing Elena. Friend started to play Necro because of his girlfriend and suddenly got really good at poking, I got fed up with it and pulled Healing to out annoy him. Worked so far :V

Tripon

This shit is savage.

Congrats karst I hope you still get time to post!

It's "yetraba fee ezzokom". I tried to find a clip of an Egyptian Arabic speaker pronouncing it ('coz their accent sounds the best imo) but it's been years since I kept up with Egy/Arab dramas, so no dice lol

Jokes aside, this's been an interesting read so far.

Edit: Also, Latif is the GOAT

Congrats, Karst. Glad it went well.

Good grief @ the amount of idiotic posts in your OT thread tho! It's scary bringing a kid into this kinda world, yo.* Good luck.

edit: *my biggest pet peeve being negative gut reaction to the unfamiliar, rather than--very idealistically speaking--empathetic inquisition

Congrats on the child, karst!

Grats on the babby, Karst! That placenta certainly looked like a thing.

I'm late to the party, but congratulations to you, Karst!
Thanks guys!

I expected most people to be dismissive of a home birth. If I can open a few people up to it, I am happy. I learned long ago that moderns aren't open to inquiry like they think, they are just closed off in different ways.

Tizoc

Neither, just that the match is annoying as hell as me playing Elena. Friend started to play Necro because of his girlfriend and suddenly got really good at poking, I got fed up with it and pulled Healing to out annoy him. Worked so far :V

I see, thing is, I can't remember if SA1 is a good anti-air or not, as in not all hits of it would connect on an air-bourne opponents. If it's a good move to counter pokes with, then I'd understand but I'm certain normals beat Necro's SA1.
Finally Necro players generally go for SA3 cuz of EX and the stun value of the super; his normals and DP+Punch should suffice as anti-airs.

So going by the Ken Bogard rumor, Rasheed = Middle East (almost India), Laura = Brazil, Zen = Africa? Is there an upcoming trade show in Africa that Capcom'll be at?

NEO0MJ

Rashid was Africa and Zen was India. Not sure why Bogard said Rashid was from Africa, and it's strange how he was the only one mentioned by continent instead of country.

WarRock

I see, thing is, I can't remember if SA1 is a good anti-air or not, as in not all hits of it would connect on an air-bourne opponents. If it's a good move to counter pokes with, then I'd understand but I'm certain normals beat Necro's SA1.
Finally Necro players generally go for SA3 cuz of EX and the stun value of the super; his normals and DP+Punch should suffice as anti-airs.
It depends on the angle and if I'm doing an attack or not. Sometimes it's all the hits, sometimes it's two and I get tossed over him.

I'm not sure why he choose SA1 at first, but it was working so he keep at it. That pull though D=

Tizoc

^Yeah the super has some nice pull, but otherwise it's not that useful since in long combos, which Necro can do, it'll do pitiable damage.

Ken Bogard never said that the new cast match the countries
It was people on the net who speculated that.
Ken Bogard only ever said:
The names of 3 of the new characters
Location of some stages in the game

So going by the Ken Bogard rumor, Rasheed = Middle East (almost India), Laura = Brazil, Zen = Africa? Is there an upcoming trade show in Africa that Capcom'll be at?

You might wanna a check a map as Middle East and India are far apart :p

hitsugi

I don't know much about ST's competitive history outside of like a dozen or so names, but when I was reading Daigo's ST manga the player Kameraya came up as the player with the greatest ground game, particularly with his sweeps. Seems like he was a player Daigo learned from. I looked him up on youtube and it's really godly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuAIOf_9aU

That guy should have gone with O.Ken. He had the poke ranges perfected, but Mattsun was on a completely different level

Sayad

Momochi likes the fact that crouch techs and invulnerable backdashes were takes away. On the other hand, Infiltration doesn't like that they were taken away.
Wouldn't read too much in what Infiltration said in that video, he was being heavily lead by the other commentator and seemed to just agree out of politeness. >_<

Tizoc

MdDPfZH.png
Now I know Nuki was always a looker.

kirblar

TOPANGA LEAGUE 5 (B) ROUND 6

SANTAROU (Sagat) vs. Matsuri (Chun-Li)
3-2 &#9675;&#9679;&#9679;&#9675;&#9675;
6 (Poison) vs. Pugera (Ibuki)
2-3 &#9675;&#9675;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;
Misse (Makoto) vs. Kenzo (Akuma)
3-0 &#9675;&#9675;&#9675;
Gachikun (Sagat) vs. Kawaguchi (Rose)
2-3 &#9675;&#9679;&#9679;&#9675;&#9679;
Fuudo (Fei Long) vs. Mago (Yang)
1-3 &#9675;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;
MDR (Rufus) vs. Hagejin (Zangief)
0-3 &#9679;&#9679;&#9679;
aiai (Juri) vs. SANTAROU (Sagat)
Kawaguchi (Rose) vs. Pugera (Ibuki)
3-2 &#9675;&#9679;&#9679;&#9675;&#9675;
Pepeday (El Fuerte) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long)
NISHIKIN (Blanka) vs. Dashio (Seth)
2-3 &#9679;&#9679;&#9675;&#9675;&#9679;
Is Pepeday undefeated so far?

shaowebb

Good news for Tatsunoko vs Capcom fans for those that missed the Arc Divide tournament stream. Rotanibor mentioned on stream a biweekly stream on Fridays is something they are hoping to get going. We may be in for more regular matches starring the SoCal tourney scene sometime in the future!

Some great fun last night, even a glitch in the opening matches was triggered for shits by someone. Plus a lot of team variety showed up. Be sure to check it out in case you missed it. I'll keep posting streams as they come up, footage, and ways for folks to get into the game again if they wanna try it again.

Good news for Tatsunoko vs Capcom fans for those that missed the Arc Divide tournament stream. Rotanibor mentioned on stream a biweekly stream on Fridays is something they are hoping to get going. We may be in for more regular matches starring the SoCal tourney scene sometime in the future!

Some great fun last night, even a glitch in the opening matches was triggered for shits by someone. Plus a lot of team variety showed up. Be sure to check it out in case you missed it. I'll keep posting streams as they come up, footage, and ways for folks to get into the game again if they wanna try it again.

Awesome. Once I get a decent computer I definitely wanna boot up TvC on dolphin. I don't have a Wii or Wii U atm, and my copy has just been sitting there dying to be played lol

shaowebb

Awesome. Once I get a decent computer I definitely wanna boot up TvC on dolphin. I don't have a Wii or Wii U atm, and my copy has just been sitting there dying to be played lol

We'll be there for you. What controller do you prefer to play on? We have a lot of modders in the community and a lot of experience scattered in the TVC community with various products. We could probably help you optimize your setup with whatever info you need to get you playing on your preferred gear.

We'll be there for you. What controller do you prefer to play on? We have a lot of modders in the community and a lot of experience scattered in the TVC community with various products. We could probably help you optimize your setup with whatever info you need to get you playing on your preferred gear.

It's been years since I've played but I was just using the GC controller. Would much prefer using a fightstick; I have the hori ps4 stick and a 360 madcatz. I'm guessing the 360 stick shouldn't be too hard to set up on dolphin, just need a controller plug-in right?

shaowebb

It's been years since I've played but I was just using the GC controller. Would much prefer using a fightstick; I have the hori ps4 stick and a 360 madcatz. I'm guessing the 360 stick shouldn't be too hard to set up on dolphin, just need a controller plug-in right?

Heck the 360 one might just be plug and play. 360 sticks had the microsoft stuff in them and the PS3 ones didn't. Its been a standing issue on PC for awhile now that you may or may not have a PS3 stick for your games, but the 360 ones just work. If it gives you any trouble we got some pretty good Dolphin dudes who mess with stuff and post their settings and stuff a lot.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom Tourney group on Facebook

^ we all hang out there. You can pretty well post when you're going on and such or setup times for everyone to know you'll be online for matches that week if you like. We all got different schedules but when someone's on folks tend to show up.

Karst straight up looks like half my college professors, which I guess is approriate
Like a Prof.

I am worried about shaving, now. Baby might get upset, but I am at "shave time" length. I go all the way down to the skin, then grow it out again.

a lot less placenta was eaten than I thought
I thought she would bring more, too. I just wanted to taste it, though, so I am happy. She said she has never gotten the request before.

Will a PS4 stick work with Dolphin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom