• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Heard him say ''say cheese'' atleast 80 times by now.
Alex looks cool in anime.

I am so fucking hype. I haven't seen the shopping cart shenanigans in full force like this in YEARS!
EDIT: Oh shit Doronjo/Alex vs Ken the Eagle/Ippatsuman!

Numb

I am so fucking hype. I haven't seen the shopping cart shenanigans in full force like this in YEARS!

Type of game they can port to next gen quick and make people happy.
Next VS should be anime aswell. Bye Marvel.
Touhou VS Capcom?
KanColle VS Capcom?
MonMusume VS Capcom?

I'll show myslef out.

Congrats! Pics?

I guess Rose left a feeling that the ability reflect/absorb fireballs is too strong.

Congratulations!

Congrats. Did you asked him his opinion about option selects?
He always goes for the left breast; easy reads.

Congratulations Karst!

Congrats man

Congratulations! Nice and healthy I assume?

Better bring him to Evo next year!
He'll be less than a year old!

Congrats!

Nursery is painted with a UMvC3 mural yes?
Why surround life with dead?

Congrats! How good was that placenta huh?
Still has to be prepared.

Congrats Karst!

Congratulations!

You can also eat an EX fireball to the face or run into a 3 frame normal after your dash.

That's still a major risk against people who know what they're doing.
You can also backdash out for free, or FA the fireball and get a hit if you are close enough. That said, I think Juicebox said what I was trying to say perfectly.

vader.jpg

I mean, Congratulations.
He had some sweet looking demonic eyes when he came out. He also passed the Spartan Test.

Congrats! :D

Little Krast will grow up to be a super villian , mark my words. Also, congratulations!
I hope so.

Congrats Karst

Congrats, Karst~

Congratulations to Karst on using Power of the Creator followed by Liberation.
Goo everywhere.

ST? You could literally loop fireball setups to keep a character locked outside of footsie range. That's the one game where, when playing against an elite zoning player, you can actually literally be helpless.

SF5 is going to have better zoning than IV, I think. The removal of focus attack in itself is huge. Being able to absorb projectiles to build ultra and/or dash forward was huge. In fact, the focus attack kept characters like Gouken from actually being legitimately good. Even with most of the other zoning characters, you had to play them as hybrids in order to succeed. Gouken, even with his good fireball recovery, is encouraged to go for sweeps and demon flip setups in order to maximize damage.
Never played ST competitively, so my bad on that one.

Congratulations; hopefully everything goes smoothly with you, your wife and the kid (or as smoothly as raising a child can go, anyway).

I could actually see that kind of angle working against a lot of the top players in more obscure games, as they tend to have very little to no experience playing hyped matches on big stages with anything significant on the line. You could see this during the last few matches of something like KSB, where the level of play in something like UNIEL or Koihime Enbu dropped off noticeably from what you would normally expect from those players, because they're almost never playing in front of a crowd and on a stream with people actually watching.

However, GO1 is not one of those people, having won multiple SBO titles and being able to win at events like ArcRevo and Evo.

Congrats!

Congrats, another mewtwo player is born.
I will teach him to tier whore; he will not make his father's mistakes.

Congratulations to Karsticles! Now comes the fun part.

I'd love to hear about the flavor profile from Karst.
I will definitely share it.

Congratulations Karst

Congrats Kars.

Congratulations Karst.

Congratulations, Karst. يتربى في عزكم (Arabic for "may he be raised in your prosperity"; it's nicer sounding in Arabic)
Can you write that phonetically for me in Arabic? My wife took 2 years of Arabic, but I don't know if she can still read it after all these years. When we played World of Warcraft together, her character's name was Aieyla, which she said meant "family".

Congrats Karst.

This will be you in no time.
LVWXVoa.gif

And remember if the baby is holding the 2nd player's controller when you win in VS it still counts!
3D0C IMHO.

Congratulations!

Congrats!

Congrats!

You still had to dash forward, which comes with good amount of frames you can't do anything. Also FA can get blown up by ex-projectiles except Gouken.
In SFV you are able to absorb them stationary or move forward with an attack going past the projectile and that with a two button touch.

It's just one touch. There is no charge or anything and can reflect relatively fast a 2-hit quick projectile. It enables you to just walk forward till you are at your opponents low hitting moves range, since it is capable of absorbing anything not low.

New information from spooky at TFC it seems. Dictators pillars are now negative on block and he can now link cr.mk into cr.mp.
Thanks everyone!

I made a thread about the experience:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1111307

rookiejet

Can you write that phonetically for me in Arabic? My wife took 2 years of Arabic, but I don't know if she can still read it after all these years. When we played World of Warcraft together, her character's name was Aieyla, which she said meant "family".

It's "yetraba fee ezzokom". I tried to find a clip of an Egyptian Arabic speaker pronouncing it ('coz their accent sounds the best imo) but it's been years since I kept up with Egy/Arab dramas, so no dice lol

Jokes aside, this's been an interesting read so far.

Edit: Also, Latif is the GOAT

Clawww

Congrats, Karst. Glad it went well.

Good grief @ the amount of idiotic posts in your OT thread tho! It's scary bringing a kid into this kinda world, yo.* Good luck.

edit: *my biggest pet peeve being negative gut reaction to the unfamiliar, rather than--very idealistically speaking--empathetic inquisition

Sayad

It's "yetraba fee ezzokom". I tried to find a clip of an Egyptian Arabic speaker pronouncing it ('coz their accent sounds the best imo) but it's been years since I kept up with Egy/Arab dramas, so no dice lol
Keeping away from Arabic dramas is an upgrade in quality of life, congrats! :D

Morris

Disco Devil
6 PLEASE DON'T LOSE THIS PUGERA MATCH

Edit: fucking hell I hate ibuki. This matchup is my personal worst as a poison player. 6 was playing it beautifully until he made the dumbest decision of throwing a non-meaty fireball after ultra, then not blocking low and eating an ex breaker. He started playing like crap after that. smhhhhh.

USD

TOPANGA LEAGUE 5 (B) ROUND 6

SANTAROU (Sagat) vs. Matsuri (Chun-Li)
3-2 ○●●○○
6 (Poison) vs. Pugera (Ibuki)
2-3 ○○●●●
Misse (Makoto) vs. Kenzo (Akuma)
3-0 ○○○
Gachikun (Sagat) vs. Kawaguchi (Rose)
2-3 ○●●○●
Fuudo (Fei Long) vs. Mago (Yang)
1-3 ○●●●
MDR (Rufus) vs. Hagejin (Zangief)
0-3 ●●●
aiai (Juri) vs. SANTAROU (Sagat)
3-0 ○○○
Kawaguchi (Rose) vs. Pugera (Ibuki)
3-2 ○●●○○
Pepeday (El Fuerte) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long)
3-0 ○○○
NISHIKIN (Blanka) vs. Dashio (Seth)
2-3 ●●○○●

NEO0MJ

fuudo had a 'top secret tech' against fuerte (the tech being fei long's taunt will whiff qbombs) which he utilised against pepeday at topanga league today. unfortunately,some fei player told pepeday about the tech and he proceed to body fuudo 3-0.

Man, it's been a long time since we last saw something gimmicky like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom