• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody is going to have to win the Costa Rica major.

But PR Rog, Kbrad, Ricki, and Smug likely won't make the Capcom Pro tour due to them not being good enough on points.

PR Rog and Ricki are in a great position to make Capcom Cup. They have EG as their sponsor and NA's last 2 ranking events happen on the same weekend. I think it will depend on what happens at the 2 Japanese premiers and Luffy's participation in the European ranking events.

watching that strider-smug match was annoying for me. you'd have thought smug would stop doing ex ducking after getting thrown out of it by strider every time he does that.

801Strider has a lot of experience against Dudley. iPeru plays Dudley in addition to Fuerte. iPeru generally only seems to play Dudley locally, though.

Tizoc

character reveal + cpt premier event at tokyo game show

Character reveal is expected to be by the 20th actually. Tomorrow during Sony Conf. they might show the Rashid Trailer again, or show an extended promotion trailer for the game.
I do hope we get to see more about the game modes, etc.

Tizoc

Bumpers said:
d7bQ8i2.jpg
I see the Bipson is a fan of the A-team.

Character reveal is expected to be by the 20th actually. Tomorrow during Sony Conf. they might show the Rashid Trailer again, or show an extended promotion trailer for the game.
I do hope we get to see more about the game modes, etc.

I was looking for something on the website that specifies this, but it's still up in the air. An introduction for the new character just means that it gets demoed by someone (Momochi in this case). The 20th is just for when he will demo the character on capcomtv's show that gets streamed every week on youtube, twitch, and nico nico. However if it says New character announcement scheduled for the 20th then we would know for sure. The website only says that a new character will be revealed, but no specific date when it will be revealed.

edit: Japanese VA for Rashid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=YwpTUrIW3Mc

crash-14

Somebody is going to have to win the Costa Rica major.

But PR Rog, Kbrad, Ricki, and Smug likely won't make the Capcom Pro tour due to them not being good enough on points.

Pr Rog an Ricky are good. Yeah, there are 17 (including 1 extra spot due 1 premier event having a top 4 already qualified). But I hardly doubt that someone that's not already qualified or outside the top 16 will make top 4 in any of those premier left.

Will see, but I really think rank 32 will be the cut to capcom cup (Which I predict it'll be around 140-150 points).

Anyways who knows. Maybe this Sunday at TGS we see Pepeday or Uryo placing top 4 whit Daigo, Infiltration and Kazunoko (all already in).

Kumubou

ya know, I read MB and my mind said Melty Blood.

So I was thinkin' this was about Current Code for PS4

never mind me...
I'm not going to lie, I had the exact same thought. Even with all of the random-ass releases being announced in this season of hopes and dreams, that would still be a bridge way too far.

If a new Melty Blood game ever happens, we aren't seeming a PS4 port until the PS5 is out.

peter0611

I've noticed that despite having a large community, competitive melee is quite stagnant at the top. With the exception of Leffen, it's normally the same people from a decade ago who are still winning majors.

peter0611

Ignore recent examples of top Japanese players dismantling Snake. Let's see how well he places at TGS. He's not winning or getting top 8. I'm 50/50 on him making top 16. This tournament is just too insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom