• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice215

What is there this week?

TGS, DreamHack, Anime. Should be a fun weekend.

They wanna launch an update against sfv? glhf arcsys

ASW will be fine. The people who are interested in Xrd are still going to buy Revelator. The people still with PS3s are going to be left out of SFV, so Revelator is also an option for them to pick up as well.

It sucks, but you can't have the game come out too early on console and screw the arcades over, or push it out further to avoid SFV and leave everyone else out without an update to play.

I rollerbladed for the first time in 16 years at my daughter's friend birthday party. All the other dads and mom silly enough to participate were coated in sweat. No wonder Yang can dive kick after taking those rollerblades off.

So you're saying yang's roller blades are like rock lee's weights?

Rock Lee? How is Goku not the first name that comes up?

Rrr1O3S.gif

Rrr1O3S.gif

Because his weighted clothing was only mentioned maybe twice in the series, and never again. Plus his weighted clothing wasn't even a thing in the Vegeta fight that you posted. Kaioken also isn't removing limits, just making yourself stronger/faster.

Learn your anime, scrub.

Because his weighted clothing was only mentioned maybe twice in the series, and never again. Plus his weighted clothing wasn't even a thing in the Vegeta fight that you posted. Kaioken also isn't removing limits, just making yourself stronger/faster.

Learn your anime, scrub.

Since when did the gif have to be an example of his weighted clothing? The gif was just a gif to show Goku's goatness. Fuck out of here with that shit son.

Goku is fucking Goku.

Piccolo's weighted turban/cape was mentioned once in the same scene as Goku's weighted clothing. Against Raditz. And maybe once more when he was fighting Nappa? I don't remember the early parts of that fight well.
Goku vs Tien.

Kumubou

American FGC complaining about Gief now because of Snake dominating?
Anyone complaining about USF4 Gief should be sentenced to having to play 100 games of KoF98 against a good Daimon, followed by 100 games of Aquapazza against a good Tamaki. People need some goddamn perspective.

Dahbomb

Learn your anime, scrub.
Well if you include the new DBZ movie the weighted clothes were mentioned again and displayed as well for Piccolo.

They were displayed in the Piccolo vs Android 17 fight as well.

Honestly the weighted clothes things should never have mattered in the series to begin with. These are guys who can obliterate a planet and can punch through mountains... taking off clothes shouldn't be making that much of a difference. It's also as silly as putting on the Saiyan outfits increases power level slightly because of its flexibility and durability.

Piccolo's weighted turban/cape was mentioned once in the same scene as Goku's weighted clothing. Against Raditz. And maybe once more when he was fighting Nappa? I don't remember the early parts of that fight well.

He does it again versus the androids or something, the first batch ones. And Goku does it one time when he's training while he's dead, I think during the early Buu arc or whatever. That plus the large amount of times where they do weird weight training(Gohan with the sword in Buu's arc, Krillin and Goku early on in DB with the turtle shells etc)/gravity training. That's more times than Rock Lee does it iirc, which is like what, once against Gaaraa? Maybe more in the filler episodes?

So yeah, definitely dragonball top tier weight removal > super speed/power boost.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
There seems to be a lot of chatter of people talking about characters who haven't been announced as if they are already confirmed. Did I miss something?

He does it again versus the androids or something, the first batch ones. And Goku does it one time when he's training while he's dead, I think during the early Buu arc or whatever. That plus the large amount of times where they do weird weight training(Gohan with the sword in Buu's arc, Krillin and Goku early on in DB with the turtle shells etc)/gravity training. That's more times than Rock Lee does it iirc, which is like what, once against Gaaraa? Maybe more in the filler episodes?

So yeah, definitely dragonball top tier weight removal > super speed/power boost.

also turtle shells

There seems to be a lot of chatter of people talking about characters who haven't been announced as if they are already confirmed. Did I miss something?

Leaks with characters have been accurate so far and big conferences or conventions are coming up, so it's logical that people are having certain expectations of characters being revealed soon.

Negaduck

http://i.imgur.com/Rrr1O3S.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

Goku should not be the first name that comes to mind.

[img]https://33.media.tumblr.com/dff0659137a4ae335fa7d3c8cb8b6553/tumblr_nd9f9icNf71tp8kdpo1_400.gif

Edit for FGC:

Have they added nicalli to the beta? Or any new characters past Cammy/birdie?

Zissou

TGS, DreamHack, Anime. Should be a fun weekend.

ASW will be fine. The people who are interested in Xrd are still going to buy Revelator. The people still with PS3s are going to be left out of SFV, so Revelator is also an option for them to pick up as well.

It sucks, but you can't have the game come out too early on console and screw the arcades over, or push it out further to avoid SFV and leave everyone else out without an update to play.

Arcsys is just doing what they've always done. I do wonder how long they'll keep on like this given that arcades are a shrinking market in Japan. Continuing on prioritizing a single country's shrinking arcade market over worldwide console/PC revenues seems really shortsighted.

At least this time, unlike the wait for sign, people outside of Japan can play an older version of xrd (rather than waiting to get any xrd at all) and since characters (apparently?) weren't rebalanced, they're not as out-of-the-loop as they usually would be.

It's still fucked up that for so much of an Arcsys fighter's life, people outside of Japan don't have the current version of the game. Xrd came out in Japanese arcades on February 20th, 2014- about a year and a half ago. As of now, not-Japan has had the up-to-date version for about 8 months- less than half the game's lifespan. By the time revelator comes to console, not-Japan will have had the up-to-date version for less than a third of the game's lifespan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom