• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. I don't really have a lot of positive things to say about KOF XIV right now other than that I'm glad it exists.

I hope what we saw was very, very rough footage. I'll keep my eyes open for news.

KoF14-Ann-PS4.jpg

those "effects"

SNK lost

Horseress

It must be in it's early development days. And I mean EARLY, like day two early

Didn't that Chinese company bought SNK just last month? Maybe that has something to do with it

Tizoc

I must be the only one here hype for it, I don't care for graphics, SNK's actually releasing something.
Y'all shit on the graphics now but once the gameplay is shown y'all flipping 180s.

.la1n

I will reserve judgement until I see more but above all else I am just happy SNK is bothering to release at least one more fighting game that isn't mobile.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I must be the only one here hype for it, I don't care for graphics, SNK's actually releasing something.
Y'all shit on the graphics now but once the gameplay is shown y'all flipping 180s.

Nothing wrong with saying something that looks visually bad looks visually bad

All we have is graphics, so we will comment on the graphics.

When we have hands on gameplay, then we will comment on that.

It's pretty straight forward.

Why hold our tongues? Some of us think it looks bad. It's nothing personal against them.

I'm worried they'll try to reinvent the wheel again instead of building off what worked. :/
Would have been more hyped if it was XIII UM.

Tizoc

Nothing wrong with saying something that looks visually bad looks visually bad

I don't thinkt I said anything against that, but if the graphics do end up looking ass by the final release...y'all would still get it for the gameplay.
Besides this game is likely way early in development that it's moot to critique the graphics at this point.

I'm worried they'll try to reinvent the wheel again instead of building off what worked. :/
Would have been more hyped if it was XIII UM.

I highly doubt that; after XII they're likely to stick to a straight formula so 14 will use similar system if not the same system as KoF 13.
All we have is graphics, so we will comment on the graphics.

When we have hands on gameplay, then we will comment on that.

It's pretty straight forward.

Why hold our tongues? Some of us think it looks bad. It's nothing personal against them.

To me it's the announcement that mattered, the graphics early on don't really tell all that much, and as I posted, even if it does end up looking like ass, it's the gameplay that'll matter.

I prob. worded my post incorrectly, as I should've said the graphics won't matter once the game releases.

Tizoc

Don't get me wrong, I'm hype we'll finally get a new KOF, but

This looks straight booty. butt. cheecks

Well you're quoting a small image and not a 1080p detailed screenshot :p
Really though this is the usual backlash on announcement I've seen time and time again.

Tizoc

It doesn't get much better

Looks fine to me in those Quote tags ;3
But eh for early Alpha build, graphics look OK.
I really want to see some proper gameplay though.

Also Fersis posting in the SF5 Roster thread to take his mind off KoF 14 lol.

Dlent

I wonder what the reception would be if they decided to make the models so cheaply that every KOF character ever gets into the game.

Zissou

I mean- I thought SFV's early showings were terrible and they turned that around, but KOF14 lookin' mighty bad at the moment...

I actually had to look up some maximum impact 2 screenshots to confirm that this game doesn't look worse

There's probably a myriad of reasons why they went with 3d models, and most of the benefits are probably development cost-related, but damn if it isn't disappointing that visually it's such a downgrade from KOF13, which was one of the best-looking games of the generation for me.

Sure, it isn't gameplay, but if the visuals are so half-assed I have to worry if everything else is on the same level.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KoFXIV looks absolutely horrid, jesus.

Well the PS4 is, but PS3 was a giant flop at the start due to 599 US dollars. Xbox One I don't know, but it's not doing so hot right now. And consoles are doing historically terrible in Japan. They definitely seem to be dying in Japan. But maybe they can pick up in China. Big maybe though I think.
The X1 is as well, which puts things into perspective when the thing everyone thinks is suffering is outpacing the 360.

That statement

1) ignores the Wii cause it's convenient
2) ignores how PS360 trended (hint: in addition to 7th generation lasting forever, both consoles were exceptionally backloaded, so the fact that it's ahead now doesn't mean it will remain ahead in the second half)

that doesn't mean it's "dying", but the console space definitely isn't some growth area
1) Outliers will be treated like outliers. Using Nintendo's colossal failure to adapt as evidence that the console format at large is suffering is pretty bad reasoning.
2) I don't know how this works as evidence against anything; at best it's a factor that is to be determined. It's outpacing the 7th gen at a time when there are even more devices competing for that TV stand place.

EDIT: The comments in the article linked above make a point about the recession hitting about now in the 360's cycle, which is valid, but I don't think that's solely a good support either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom