• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If both Sim and Urien are in the game, one of the things I'd be thinking about is the perceived redundancy of Yoga Catastrophe (if it's in) and Aegis Reflector (if it's in).

But they didn't have that problem with Decapre, so whatever.

The funny part is how removing hard knockdown would remove many setups SF4 Sim has.
Ditto for Aegis although you can use it after rush and cancel it.

For Sim, V-trigger activate allows you to put out Catastrophe but maybe not in combos.

Urien could v-trigger midcombo into reflector either as a combo ender or for setup from a combo from rush or fireball.

Theory fighter, ya'll

ProblemX is grating on me with his commentary but I do like his question he posed if there will be more playstyles (footie/playing solid vs random/mixup/setup) this game will have.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Play Taken with me DB.

liam-neeson-lg.jpg

ElTopo

Banned
SF3 has no hard knockdowns other than supers, it wouldn't be a problem.

Just a correction: certain specials had hard knock down properties in 3rd Strike.

They are:

Q's command grab (If you don't combo off of it)
Alex's Stomp
Necro's command grab
Ibuki's command grab
and Oro's command grab

Beats

so, there's basically just french bread and arcsys making 2d art fighters now huh. I guess there will be Mane6 too if their crowdfunding goes well.

: <

jerry1594

Just a correction: certain specials had hard knock down properties in 3rd Strike.

They are:

Q's command grab (If you don't combo off of it)
Alex's Stomp
Necro's command grab
Ibuki's command grab
and Oro's command grab
Forgot about the stomp, had no idea about the others though. Oros online love to use neutral grab to create their shitty yagyoudama setups cause of how inconsistently you get the tech roll on it, lol.
so, there's basically just french bread and arcsys making 2d art fighters now huh. I guess there will be Mane6 too if their crowdfunding goes well.

Lab Zero too hopefully

petghost

Banned

Bet that arcsys moves away from that and does the next bb or whatever in a xrd esque style.

shaowebb

For what its worth, you can sculpt seperate models in 3d for every animation frame you need to have drastically deforming akin to "tween frames" in hand drawn stuff and use them as "Blend frames" and scrub along your timeline in 3d to make bodyparts morph and turn into things same as using tween frames that are hand drawn. Seriously...you can make one quick sculpt in Zbrush of your end product shape and then hit it with soften brushes and other tools to make all your morphing tween frame shapes in a VERY short period of time ( like before lunch easily and with time to unwrap and texture it).Plus if you setup both FK and IK rigs on a model and use soft binds you can get really good disney style squash and stretch too. Even R Mika's ass bounce is something you can do now thanks to things like blender or maya muscle options that allow you to custom shape muscles to a rig that deform your model's skin thats bound over it without clipping errors occurring thus allowing for jiggle physics and more.

This coupled with cel shading techniques advancing like what you saw in GGXRD means that while we may see folks go 3d it doesn't necessarily mean we will have to see an end to creative and animated looking movements on character animations. The 3d folks just got to level up and get with it. For what its worth, even though its simpler to draw tween frames and do what Lab Zero does you can recreate what they do in CG readily enough and once you lay the ground work by spending the extra time one a model you can punch through things very fast to create new content or overhaul and tweak old animation content...you can even get more than color alts and incorporate full alt outfits onto such models which would almost require a complete redrawing of 1600+ frames of art for hand drawn techniques. For CG it'd really just be a matter of using layers and polygroups and swapping out parts of the model if the model is setup properly with this in mind.

I love hand drawn but folks shouldn't act like 3d wont look the same. It can and folks do it all the time for reels. No one is really pushing too hard to do it for games though which is one of the things ASW mentions when they showed the process of their shader pipeline...they also feel that their is a world of potential with 3d for creating amazing hand drawn appearances to gaming and that folks should be pushing towards that more.

Kumubou

:(

anyone still play Mak?
Misse is probably the closest you're going to get to that level of Makoto play right now. He's currently in the Topanga B league sets and he also won one of the asian CPT ranking events so he's probably going to the Capcom Cup finals.

I only remember him because he also plays Melty Blood (his C-Maids team is pretty damn solid). -_-

Marz

Don't know how you guys are hype about Makoto and don't like Rufus. They're both equally stupid.

At least Rufus has to play footsies for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom