• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

I was just thinking about how SFV's inputs would really mess with Juri. You need LK open for throws, MK open for V-skill, and HK open for V-trigger. Then I said: "Duh, LK had to be open in SFIV anyway". How did SFIV handle input priorities on Juri when she had a projectile held, but wanted to throw?
Even without this, Juri would have to drop her hold commands, they're just way too high of an execution for SFV. They can do what patch 1.1 did for May's dolphins in Xrd. Instead of holding the button and letting it go to release them, now you just re-tap the button.

Snake on Topanga?

CPBPMMWUAAAH389.jpg

yo we gotta play. if you need i-no tips ask essay

Yea lets try play later today. Gonna tell you now that im horrible tho

I feel like I'm slowly getting a hang of the pace of the game. I still think there's still way too many different mechanics.

I think maybe 3 times against Tyrant, I tried to AA Ino and it went into dangertime(?) which then turned into a who could get their button out first
mash fest
.. or maybe I should've just blocked.

Also why can't I punish Fafnir b.

Yea lets try play later today. Gonna tell you now that im horrible tho

I feel like I'm slowly getting a hang of the pace of the game. I still think there's still way too many different mechanics.

I think maybe 3 times against Tyrant, I tried to AA Ino and it went into dangertime(?) which then turned into a who could get their button out first
mash fest
.. or maybe I should've just blocked.

Also why can't I punish Fafnir b.

im pretty busy during the week so probably cant do anything till the weekend

Even without this, Juri would have to drop her hold commands, they're just way too high of an execution for SFV. They can do what patch 1.1 did for May's dolphins in Xrd. Instead of holding the button and letting it go to release them, now you just re-tap the button.
That sounds like a great solution.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
this hit scrubquotes
who's the rat

http://madcatz.com/join-mad-catz-tokyo-game-show-2015/

3v3 Daigo, Mago, and Tokido vs Gamerbee, Infiltration, and Momochi

Should we have an official TGS fighting game thread? There's the character reveal, the exhibitions, etc...

I'll list the fighting game shit that's at TGS.

9/17 (Japan time)
14:30 SFV character reveal
14:30 Ogawa Xrd Kumite

9/18
14:30 Momochi SF4 Kumite

9/19
10:00 Topanga University Battle
11:00 SFV Special Stage feat. Mago and Tokido
13:00 Daigo, Mago, and Tokido play Monster Hunter
13:30 Chocoblanka Coaches You!
13:45 MCZ Booth Machabo, Kazunoko, Ogawa exhibition
15:00 Topanga University Finals
15:00 K Brad, PR Rog, Choco, and Momochi at the Amazon and Twitch Booth
16:00 3v3 Exhibition MCZ vs top 3 EVO finalists

9/20
TGS Premier tournament

Tik-Tok

I agree. Juri was always a character I wanted to play but holding down the buttons to use her fireballs seemed like another pointless barrier

You know you don't have to right? You can just push the button and let it go and the fireball comes out right away. Added Options != barrier.

Infinite

You know you don't have to right? You can just push the button and let it go and the fireball comes out right away. Added Options != barrier.
I'm aware but in order to play her optimally that needs to be a technique you have to have down which is a barrier for me. If it ain't for you cool.

TheChits

There is also a huge Japanese Smash 4 tournament this weekend that is gonna have some killers from outside of Japan. Really rare to see international Smash 4 competition, so it is gonna be really exciting. Lots of good stuff coming up this week/weekend

BadWolf

I'll list the fighting game shit that's at TGS.

9/17 (Japan time)
14:30 SFV character reveal
14:30 Ogawa Xrd Kumite

9/18
14:30 Momochi SF4 Kumite

9/19
10:00 Topanga University Battle
11:00 SFV Special Stage feat. Mago and Tokido
13:00 Daigo, Mago, and Tokido play Monster Hunter
13:30 Chocoblanka Coaches You!
13:45 MCZ Booth Machabo, Kazunoko, Ogawa exhibition
15:00 Topanga University Finals