• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about how SFV's inputs would really mess with Juri. You need LK open for throws, MK open for V-skill, and HK open for V-trigger. Then I said: "Duh, LK had to be open in SFIV anyway". How did SFIV handle input priorities on Juri when she had a projectile held, but wanted to throw?

Essay

Oh nice, SRK posted an article about the Oct. 3rd TSB tournament that Nakkiel, Kid Viper, Blacksnake and GCYoshi are getting flown out to.

Shoryuken.com said:
While it normally draws in a good amount of talent from the local area, the Team St1ckbug tournament series will see its player pool expand in October with the arrival of four very special representatives: Nakkiel, Kid Viper, Blacksnake, and Marvelous Customs’ GCYoshi13. Each competitor has proven themselves over the years as some of the best anime players in the United States, and are sure to have excellent showings at this event as well.

This was made possible by Biscuits and Hotashi, both of whom donated money to make sure these players could be flown out. Additionally, Southern California’s Beautifuldude will also be in attendance thanks to separate donations made to his stream.

Due to the increased profile of this upcoming event, they will be focusing entirely on Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- and BlazBlue Chronophantasma EXTEND, which special exhibitions rounding out the regular competition to bring even more hype to Next Level Arcade.

Hmm, something about the part in bold feels off. Let me re-parse that:

GCYoshi [...] has proven [him]self over the years as [one] of the best anime players in the United States.

That's strange... I only saw GCYoshi start to get into anime fighters in the last year with UNIEL and Xrd. He was all about Marvel 3 before that, wasn't he?

Wait

Holy hell! Do you all know what this must mean?

Even SRK now concedes that Marvel is anime!

>_>

Seriously though, I can't wait to watch this event. It's looking like Canada will have some representation by MTLBrice which means... it will be a real show.

Grakl

I was just thinking about how SFV's inputs would really mess with Juri. You need LK open for throws, MK open for V-skill, and HK open for V-trigger. Then I said: "Duh, LK had to be open in SFIV anyway". How did SFIV handle input priorities on Juri when she had a projectile held, but wanted to throw?
If you have mk or hk charge held, you could throw. If you have lk charge held, you cant

pixelish

character reveal tomorrow at tgs. ono confirmed
Yoshinori Ono ‏@Yoshi_OnoChin 3m3 minutes ago
Blanka is making preparation for Tokyo Game Show! We'll have stage event in 17th 2:30pm(JPT) http://p.twipple.jp/JbdYu http://p.twipple.jp/H36ej

H36ej

JbdYu

Numb

This is the 12th character right?
Meaning only 4 left. Hope they save the new ones for later and this is a returning character.
nah hes gotta hold that L

I'll type up my XRD experience tomorrow

I-no is Morrigan on crack gaddamn
Did well first time online.
Randoms are easy too. For some reason the France lobbies are full compared to any other country. weird.
Usualy went there.

Tripon

They will get to 16 by Capcom Cup, then the new year will be focusing on DLC characters that you can unlock on day one.

In my opinion.

Numb

Was thinking base game. DLC excluded.
Day 1 unlocks seem like it could happen. Put something on the table before people gather enough fight money and they have to use cash instead.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
character reveal tomorrow at tgs. ono confirmed

This is honestly the most confusing hint I've seen yet... Is it Zangief? Siberian Blizzard? I honestly have no clue, or maybe is Karen since she does come in a helicopter. That would explain the first picture, maybe the second one? Someone throw me a bone, we gotta crack this before tomorrow.

OceanBlue

This is honestly the most confusing hint I've seen yet... Is it Zangief? Siberian Blizzard? I honestly have no clue, or maybe is Karen since she does come in a helicopter. That would explain the first picture, maybe the second one? Someone throw me a bone, we gotta crack this before tomorrow.

Looks like Seth U1.

Edit: Actually sorry was thinking of Dudley U1 lmao. Saw Air's tweet and remembered that Seth launches you at the screen.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's weird hearing about Xrd talk. Reminds me I should start playing again in case I do end up going to SCR.
I feel really washed up.

Rhapsody

Banned
Man game is so good and you're not even playing? Minato plz:(

Post Evo season's got me all lazy or going through other games for fun lol

I'm almost debating just going full Potemkin at SCR Main. But venue fee is so high, so I wish I was able to go to Prelude 2 and do that there :/

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
that does look like dudleys ultra. it's not Dudley. I'm happy I won't have to say ultra anymore.

"what's bigger than 'super'?"
should've been called terrifics imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom