• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also a huge Japanese Smash 4 tournament this weekend that is gonna have some killers from outside of Japan. Really rare to see international Smash 4 competition, so it is gonna be really exciting. Lots of good stuff coming up this week/weekend

technically incorrect, the tournament is on Monday and Tuesday :p

My comment is in reference to the complaints people over in the SFV char OT had regarding Bison's flame special:

You mentioned it had slow startup but is + on block. If so, I don't see what the big deal is; that's a common way to balance a move. You risk getting beat by a faster normal, but the reward for landing it is some frame advantage. People just need to challenge the Bison on the startup instead of sitting there and taking it.

Proper defense isn't just about blocking, it's also knowing when to push a button to challenge subpar offenseuntrue block strings. Why block when I can hit you out of it, lol? That's one of the features I see out of a lot of top Japanese players in eneral: they know the "right" times to react and challenge offense.
I feel like I just got hit by a mix up. I was just talking to Juicebox about his idea. I was also agreeing with you about Psycho Inferno in the Roster thread. Where are you coming from, friend?

Move that shit thread to community. Or the trash. Whatever.
I would burn it to the ground, but Psycho Inferno got nerfed.

Marz

Proper defense isn't just about blocking, it's also knowing when to push a button to challenge subpar offenseuntrue block strings. Why block when I can hit you out of it, lol? That's one of the features I see out of a lot of top Japanese players in eneral: they know the "right" times to react and challenge offense.

This is something I really need to work on, its one of those things where I feel like you need extensive knowledge of the whole cast to be good at.

peter0611

@Kasticles, lol. I probably shouldn't have quoted that post. Totally unrelated. I was reading your discussion in that thread but didn't want to push it further off-topic, so I took it here. ^_^

WarRock

The idea is to prevent an aggressor from going for repeated frame traps, which can happen in some matchups/games.

I feel like it would be interesting to have a situation where if the aggressor doesn't -actually- mixup his options then he gets "tired" or something like that. I would like to actively reward a player who can properly defend multiple mixups in a row, rather than defense just being necessary for -not losing-.
Attacker not getting super meter for some time? It's weird to think about that since the reward of the attacker is always damage or ways of doing damage. Should defense be rewarded the same way?

More games should have short hops tbh
Yes!

Clawww

I like Karin, but I don't want to be associated with those anime weirdos, so fuck Karin gimme Urien.

if your mom walks into your basement, she won't really be able to tell that the filthy perverted character you're shamelessly ogling is actually the P2. there's no way to win. just embrace it.

Perro

Urien is anime too.
aVQE3WK_700b.jpg
if your mom walks into your basement, she won't really be able to tell that the filthy perverted character you're shamelessly ogling to is actually the P2. there's no way to win. just embrace it.
Never!
I'm super hype for Karin but that thread. ಠ_ಠ

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
it always comes to that in those threads, I think I've hit my limit in there. until the next ono tease pic, at least.

I'm surprised that your limit wasn't those underwear discussion. :p I was surprised to see that in the thread but again, I shouldn't because of other thread, where a member were so obsessed with Lucina's boots during Smash 4 Hype.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I lurked the Smash hype threads a lot but never saw...this.

Some of you dudes were/are really weird. 0__o

Haha! Yeah, some of SmashGAF could be very wild when it come down to Smash Hype. I would like to think myself as normal or sane one but I have a feeling that I might be wrong on that! :p

oh shit, that guy got banned? no wonder I never see him around anymore lol

Yep, he got banned for posting the spoilers in MGS5.2 Review thread. (that's what I heard.)

Tripon

Madcatz is going to have two days of events at TGS.

TOKYO GAME SHOW 2015 – DAY 1
The first public day, Saturday, Sept. 19th is a fun filled day of fighting game action featuring some of the best games out now and some new ones on the horizon! Below is our schedule for the day (NOTE: all times are Japan standard time):

10 AM – 11:45 AM JST – TOPANGA: Ultra Street Fighter IV – Japanese University Competition Qualifiers

Competitors from Kanagawa University, Kokugakuin University, Komazawa University, Hokkaido University, Niigata University and Kyoto Institute of Technology battle it out in a round robin 3V3 tournament! We will round out the competition until we have the final top two school teams.

12:15 PM – 12:45 PM JST – MARVELOUS! Nitro Plus Blasters – Heroines Infinite Duel
The producer of this new fighting game title, Masayuki Harada, will be joined by AP Mikky as they show off the first preview of playable character ‘Super Sonico’ and some other surprises for the TGS crowd!

1:00 PM – 1:30 PM JST – Capcom’s Monster Hunter Frontier G X Team Mad Catz
Monster Hunter Frontier G producers Teruki Miyashita and Ryo Sekino join forces with Street Fighter producers Koichi Sugiyama and Tomoaki Ayano as they hunt with Team Mad Catz’ Daigo, Mago and Tokido!

1:45 PM – 2:30 PM JST – Arc System Works’ GUILTY GEAR XRD – SIGN-

Arc System Works’ battle director Pachi will join us for a special exhibition between top Guilty Gear players!

3:00 PM – 4:00 PM JST – TOPANGA: Ultra Street Fighter IV – Japanese University Competition FINALS

The top two qualified schools battle in an epic 3V3 team battle to crown the champion rival school!

4:00 PM – 5:00 PM JST – Ultra Street Fighter IV – Dream Match Exhibition – 3V3

The Mad Catz fighting game team of Daigo Umehara, Mago and Tokido will take on the EVO 2015 top players, which consists of EG Momochi, GamerBee and INFILTRATION!

- See more at: http://madcatz.com/join-mad-catz-tokyo-game-show-2015/#sthash.nPWk5P7X.dpuf

And Day 2 will be the TGS premier event.
http://madcatz.com/join-mad-catz-tokyo-game-show-2015/

I would love to tell you that it's a joke post but I'm not sure about it. It's something that some people have hard time to tell because it's not only post that he made about Lucina's boots.

Don't forget about the people drawing diagrams trying to figure out the logic to ZSS having heels in her suit.

What game is this? It's from SE and it looks kind of strange. It does seem to have an assist though. The character looks like it might be a CaC since they share a stance. I don't understand japanese but I've been clicking on random vids since TGS started haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXxMBJLIfDc

I do find it funny that they are using the Danganronpa kool-aid as blood.

Dahbomb

What game is this? It's from SE and it looks kind of strange. It does seem to have an assist though. The character looks like it might be a CaC since they share a stance. I don't understand japanese but I've been clicking on random vids since TGS started haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXxMBJLIfDc

I do find it funny that they are using the Danganronpa kool-aid as blood.
This random ass game looks better than KOF14.

Damn shame.

On the whole point of nerfing/balancing based on feedback... one thing people need to realize is that some changes are designed for competitive players and others are for your average play (aka "scrubs"). In every fighting game that gets balanced you will see many changes that have little to no competitive impact but have a big impact on lower level play (and vice versa). For that purpose... getting feedback from the average player is very important as they make the lion share of the sales of your game. You can't really make a game where your goal is to balance it 100% for competitive play.

This is something that I learned after decades of following game balance. I used to HATE IT when game companies made balance changes that weren't designed for the highest level of play (because why would scrubs care about game balance at the highest level right?). But I slowly realized that you can't really survive in today's market with that philosophy to game design.

mbpm1

Played some ultra for the first time in like two weeks.

In hindsight, why did I do this

At least I got someone to ragequit so it sorta balances out.

Back to Diabro.

Kumubou

Yeah games that never leave japanalmost all games are kinda like that.
Fixed. -_- I'm curious to know if whoever approved that trailer for public consumption is drinking themselves blind under a bridge right now. Yikes.
School of Ragnarok.
Every time this game gets mentioned I have to link to the game's controls, because it's one of the most batshit insane things I have ever seen by my life. It looks like the button layout from a bad MAME cabinet.

Bonus: Kawaiikochan strip with the controls translated, because why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom