• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Top 8 of TGS should already be on Capcom Fighters YouTube channel, and there are always people who rip the Twitch feed and cut up preliminary matches as well on YouTube. I rather watch from start to finish, but the match footage is out there. You just got to find it.

jerry1594

Top 8 of TGS should already be on Capcom Fighters YouTube channel, and there are always people who rip the Twitch feed and cut up preliminary matches as well on YouTube. I rather watch from start to finish, but the match footage is out there. You just got to find it.
How do people do that? Seems pretty hard to dl vods unless you mean capturing it live or the vod.

Wild Card

Thanks man, completlely ignored that option on the page, kept trying following on the options under my profile, okay got it worked out, nice.

Yeah they have a lot on the Capcom Fighters channel, so it was just mostly about figuring out twitch. Talking about rips and other uploads is kinda they way I've been watching for the other tournaments before official uploads, like EVO and CEO, dling an eight hour video tho.

Clawww

Technically, that thread is for the weekend tournaments. And I don't think it's a replacement for FGW simply because people don't use the threads for what FGW used to be.

I only make the threads so people can see the stream info and have a place to talk. If people rather I post that info in this thread instead of making a new gaming thread each week, I can do that

maybe we should rebrand this thread as tournament discussion focused and we can get back on gaming side, cuz there are tournaments practically every weekend anyways. although I guess plenty of them aren't "thread worthy."

xD

anyways, I do appreciate the threads you put up dude. it's a useful place to check in and get info.

Marz

Technically, that thread is for the weekend tournaments. And I don't think it's a replacement for FGW simply because people don't use the threads for what FGW used to be.

I only make the threads so people can see the stream info and have a place to talk. If people rather I post that info in this thread instead of making a new gaming thread each week, I can do that

I don't honestly care either way, I'm just saying it's a big reason for the decreased traffic in this thread that people keep talking about.

Notice how posters like The Last Emperor aren't posting in here anymore but they're posting in your thread.

Tripon

I don't honestly care either way, I'm just saying it's a big reason for the decreased traffic in this thread that people keep talking about.

Notice how posters like The Last Emperor aren't posting in here anymore but they're posting in your thread.
I don't agree with that. Guys like the Last Empeoror wouldn't post in community anyway. Besides the amount of posts in the tournament threads still don't make up anywhere near the volume that we used to have in FGW, even on a slow week.

Well yeah two or any number of smaller threads will be less active than one big one.

Not to mention all of you in the Street Fighter threads that are rolling around the front page.

Beats

The indiegogo for TFH is at 85k out of 436k after 12 hours. I think it might reach the goal way before the end date depending on how much it slows down after today.

There should be a big shakeup in the CPT standings after this weekend. 2 European ranking events and the Kuwait Premier event could mean a few people around the 30-32nd seed will be out of the top 32.

notworksafe

Well yeah two or any number of smaller threads will be less active than one big one.

Not to mention all of you in the Street Fighter threads that are rolling around the front page.

The more someone posts in that SF roster thread, the less they will actually play the game. Seems like a safe bet.

Niggas still speculating the roster?
karin-match14.gif

Karin is in friends, that's all that matters
karin-match.gif

Marz

I don't agree with that. Guys like the Last Empeoror wouldn't post in community anyway. Besides the amount of posts in the tournament threads still don't make up anywhere near the volume that we used to have in FGW, even on a slow week.

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldnt. And now the discussion is spread amongst several threads that all generally serve the same purpose.

notworksafe

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldnt. And now the discussion is spread amongst several threads that all generally serve the same purpose.

Someone should just make a thread on Gaming side that covers happenings, strategy, and tournaments. Could even make it a weekly thing to make sure fresh content stayed on top.

Someone should just make a thread on Gaming side that covers happenings, strategy, and tournaments. Could even make it a weekly thing to make sure fresh content stayed on top.
New threads for new news and there is already a tournament thread. Rest of it sounds like a community resource.

Wild Card

Juri yes but i could do without Sakura and not because she another shoto either.

If it's not about her being a shoto (not something that I personally mind) what then? I like her character and also the whole rivalry angle with Karin, speaking to story stuff of course. Is there something about the character you dislike that you think they could change. I'm curious.

Numb

If it's not about her being a shoto (not something that I personally mind) what then? I like her character and also the whole rivalry angle with Karin, speaking to story stuff of course. Is there something about the character you dislike that you think they could change. I'm curious.

Just a preference. Never been a fan of her is all. In comparison to Juri who is very new and cooler in every way(my opinion) i would prefer she get in instead. But since Karin is in and the rivarly you mentioned i am alittle more ok if she were in.

Wild Card

Just a preference. Never been a fan of her is all. In comparison to Juri who is very new and cooler in every way(my opinion) i would prefer she get in instead. But since Karin is in and the rivarly you mentioned i am alittle more ok if she were in.

Okay yeah I see what you mean, I like Sakura cause she's kinda spunky and a bit clumsy with a twist on the shoto archetype(her SF4 win pose lol). I have plenty of characters that I don't particularly care for, and honestly I'm pretty new to Street Fighter so whenever people say that Sakura needs to change or appear older has never really affected me since I'm just getting used to these characters. Initially I was just saying that I'd like them to come at some point, future DLC, not really competing for a spot on the roster.

Numb

Okay yeah I see what you mean, I like Sakura cause she's kinda spunky and a bit clumsy with a twist on the shoto archetype(her SF4 win pose lol). I have plenty of characters that I don't particularly care for, and honestly I'm pretty new to Street Fighter so whenever people say that Sakura needs to change or appear older has never really affected me since I'm just getting used to these characters. Initially I was just saying that I'd like them to come at some point, future DLC, not really competing for a spot on the roster.

It is ok to have a karate gi for 20yrs. Not the same for a school sailor uniform. People get tired of that and want a change. The possiblities of any character showing up in future dlc is really high and it being free is most welcome.

So desperate for content I'm quoting it ;P

I miss how we used to talk character strategy and tech, and options based on characters. Now we just sorta post reactions to streams and trailers. Someone here has to be playing something. We used to post soooo much content and now its more us posting reactions.

Why not actively share some thoughts on a character in a game your playing or love to revisit? It'd be nice to get the ball rolling here on something deeper than "oh hey this player did this".I posted some Arcana Heart so its not like you gotta go with something current or even popular. Just post something that you found interesting about a character in any fighting game and explain it.

The thread doesn't talk tech or strategy anymore because the most popular games are already figured out (Marvel) or are at the end of their lifespan (SF4). Any other games being discussed about are not very popular (or are just that bad), so they're not talked about at length.

I will say that it's a refreshing change of pace for someone to actively introduce a new topic rather than bemoan people "not talking about _______." I'm not really playing any fighters at the moment (replaying Revengeance and Awesomenauts, and that's it), so I can't really add anything more.

Wild Card

It is ok to have a karate gi for 20yrs. Not the same for a school sailor uniform. People get tired of that and want a change. The possiblities of any character showing up in future dlc is really high and it being free is most welcome.

Yeah yeah I totally get that, I'm not against updating her look, though it would be nice if we got an alt that filled that purpose (and one for Karin really) I like that look, but yeah her new default could be that tracksuit I've seen people post, or whatever else really.

Numb

Yeah yeah I totally get that, I'm not against updating her look, though it would be nice if we got an alt that filled that purpose (and one for Karin really) I like that look, but yeah her new default could be that tracksuit I've seen people post, or whatever else really.

Ryu looked like bread since forever although clean and iconic but a beard put him on the map. There is a ton of small changes they could make to Sakura that would please many..including a beard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom