• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

Maybe for CEO proper, but he couldn't justify CEOtaku for that ad buy.

Either Valle with SCR or Lapchi with Canada Cup.

Personally, I'm going with the upset and the most hilarious answer with Team Pie and Defend the North.
I can't see it being anyone with any real experience running an event, as they would have a rough idea of what the stream is actually worth. You would need to be pulling Evo numbers to even dream of charging that much (and after adjusting for all the McRibs you would need to buy), assuming a CPM of $20 or so. Honestly, that CPM number is way too high for a ad sold directly due to fill rate issues (never mind that Twitch's own CPM is, IIRC, a fraction of that), but I'm using it as an illustration -- at least a direct-insert ad would get way better view rates than the ads Twitch (and it's 80% AdBlock rate) provides. Even something that could do 50k viewers peak (something like a CPT premier event, such as CEO or SCR) wouldn't be able to justify that kind of cost.

There's always the possibility that I missed something blindingly obvious in my analysis (as I spent about five minutes on Google looking for some rough numbers), but it just illustrates just how absurd that requested rate is.

Numb

That Dudley
mjcry1.png

USD

TOPANGA LEAGUE 5 (B) ROUND 8

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv232176379 Free period over.

NISHIKIN (Blanka) vs. Kawaguchi (Rose)
3-1 ○○●○
NINOMAE (Rose) vs. Matsuri (Chun-Li)
3-1 ○○●○
Shiro (Abel) vs. Pugera (Ibuki)
0-3 ●●●
6 (Poison) vs. Kawaguchi (Rose)
3-2 ●○●○○
Pepeday (El Fuerte) vs. NINOMAE (Rose)
2-3 ○●○●●
Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay) vs. Kenzo (Akuma)
3-2 ○●●○○
NISHIKIN (Blanka) vs. 6 (Poison)
0-3 ●●●
Matsuri (Chun-Li) vs. Mago (Yang)
1-3 ●○●●
Hagejin (Zangief) vs. Pugera (Ibuki)
3-0 ○○○
Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay) vs. Pepeday (El Fuerte)
2-3 ●○○●●

Tripon

I can't see it being anyone with any real experience running an event, as they would have a rough idea of what the stream is actually worth. You would need to be pulling Evo numbers to even dream of charging that much (and after adjusting for all the McRibs you would need to buy), assuming a CPM of $20 or so. Honestly, that CPM number is way too high for a ad sold directly due to fill rate issues (never mind that Twitch's own CPM is, IIRC, a fraction of that), but I'm using it as an illustration -- at least a direct-insert ad would get way better view rates than the ads Twitch (and it's 80% AdBlock rate) provides. Even something that could do 50k viewers peak (something like a CPT premier event, such as CEO or SCR) wouldn't be able to justify that kind of cost.

There's always the possibility that I missed something blindingly obvious in my analysis (as I spent about five minutes on Google looking for some rough numbers), but it just illustrates just how absurd that requested rate is.

Putting this kind of stuff out there without also naming names is kind of a scumbag move imo.

This is how rumors get started about people who don't deserve it.
Koogy later said it wasn't SCR or Canada Cup. I have to think it is Capcom Cup now. And Sixfortyfive, you are right. He should mention who it was so everyone knows. But I assume he doesn't want to permanently damage any potential business relationship.

USD

TOPANGA LEAGUE is pretty tense right now. The only player confirmed top 3 in either group is Dashio. So many other players are so clustered together, it's impossible to tell what will happen.

Koogy later said it wasn't SCR or Canada Cup. I have to think it is Capcom Cup now. And Sixfortyfive, you are right. He should mention who it was so everyone knows. But I assume he doesn't want to permanently damage any potential business relationship.

If that's the case, why mention it at all? Won't this damage other TO's opinions in doing business with the company in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom