• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

R6GohI0.gif

shaowebb

But did you reserve the OT though....?
I PM-ed Shouta on it. I'm waiting to hear a reply. If its not allowed as an OT I'll try to set it up as some other thread title breaking it down for folks.
@shaowebb- do you actually play arcana heart against humans? or is you liking the game theory-mode stuff?

A little online so far and a LOT of lab time. I'm hoping now that its on Steam I can get more players there, but even I also own it for PS3 so I'll play anyone who I can get interested in the title wherever they prefer. Thats one reason I'm doing this...its great and it'd be nice if I could help grow us a small community. If nothing else though this thing is a treasure chest of stuff for folks if they like lab stuff.

Not done yet since I got work in 10 minutes but here's an info card preview of one of the 23 Arcana.
wJFZbiu.jpg

I have charts breaking down the EXACT numbers on the stars and how they modify your stats. Plus more charts on things like "GUTS" which is different per character and how characters slowly take less and less damage after their health reaches a certain point. I'll detail EVERYTHING on how to play. If I can't make proper character breakdowns without overwhelming the screen I can hyperlink to guides per character and videos to give folks previews on the roster.

Good fighting games deserve for folks to know whats in them and this is what I do sometimes...I like informing folks of cool things that exist in various overlooked games.

It's not like it's a mystery why. Especially to them given their English PR knows it all.

What's the story with the PR?

Launching at $30 after anyone who would have wanted it bought it on console at $10 wasn't such a smart move. Most games launch at a reduced price on Steam.

Launching it 30$ would be ok if we were sure the game is gonna be updated with Six Stars. It probably won't be so why bother paying so much? If they port Uniel I will be verry happy but not going for Unist would be dumb too.
For now the Arc ports have only one purpose for me: getting rid of my discs and my old consoles.

It's expected after all this time. They have to earn the sales, mindshare and respect just like Capcom, Lab Zero, SNK and NRS did (or didn't? lol). Unfortunately for ASW they are way late to the party and it shows. Rollback netcode will practically be the standard by the time we get an obsolete Xrd on PC and SFV will even have crossplay too...

It kinda stings a little to talk this way about ASW after enjoying their stuff so much just a few years ago, but this is how it is, I guess.

Are we going to make an FGC-GAF Community on PS4?

Would be really nice to have a place for all of us to convene on the actual console.

Feel free to body me if one exists already.

Kysuke

Are we going to make an FGC-GAF Community on PS4?

Would be really nice to have a place for all of us to convene on the actual console.

Feel free to body me if one exists already.

I was about to make a fgc community. I have one right now called fighting game community but i a fgcgaf would be better.

Kysuke

Maybe make one and post it here! Someone will add it to the OP. Not sure how PSN communities works though.

Okay it's currently called "fighting game community!" But I can change the name.

Neogaf fgc
GAF fgc
Or something else.

Either way add me or message me on psn for invite for now because you can't search for it currently.

Zissou

I PM-ed Shouta on it. I'm waiting to hear a reply. If its not allowed as an OT I'll try to set it up as some other thread title breaking it down for folks.

A little online so far and a LOT of lab time. I'm hoping now that its on Steam I can get more players there, but even I also own it for PS3 so I'll play anyone who I can get interested in the title wherever they prefer. Thats one reason I'm doing this...its great and it'd be nice if I could help grow us a small community. If nothing else though this thing is a treasure chest of stuff for folks if they like lab stuff.

Not done yet since I got work in 10 minutes but here's an info card preview of one of the 23 Arcana.
wJFZbiu.jpg

I have charts breaking down the EXACT numbers on the stars and how they modify your stats. Plus more charts on things like "GUTS" which is different per character and how characters slowly take less and less damage after their health reaches a certain point. I'll detail EVERYTHING on how to play. If I can't make proper character breakdowns without overwhelming the screen I can hyperlink to guides per character and videos to give folks previews on the roster.

Good fighting games deserve for folks to know whats in them and this is what I do sometimes...I like informing folks of cool things that exist in various overlooked games.

I get the feeling that you're in love with how some game COULD be played. You don't like marvel because Iron Fist is rubbish and if you try to play what you want to play you'll get wrecked. You champion stuff like Arcana Heart and TvC because no one is playing those games anymore, so no one can wreck your ideas of what those games 'are'

El Sabroso

They just get pissy on social media cause people keep asking for Xrd and non-old games on PC.

the arcade of Xrd is straight up a Windows Program, they have 0 excuses for not doing a Steam release, if the sales are not really good is their fault to release not the product that has demand

they will get like that until its company really does take the risk if there is any risk at all on releasing the game on PC

WarRock

I get the feeling that you're in love with how some game COULD be played. You don't like marvel because Iron Fist is rubbish and if you try to play what you want to play you'll get wrecked. You champion stuff like Arcana Heart and TvC because no one is playing those games anymore, so no one can wreck your ideas of what those games 'are'
There was a TvC tourney like, two weeks ago?

Rhapsody

Banned
After seeing ZeRo's twitter about blowing people up that if you don't win a tourney, you have no opinion on the game and now this, this must be blowup Wednesdays or something.

After seeing ZeRo's twitter about blowing people up that if you don't win a tourney, you have no opinion on the game and now this, this must be blowup Wednesdays or something.

Yea I was reading into that. Apparently if you''ve never won a tournament you're not allowed to have an opinion or give out tips.

Guess I'm gonna have to learn Japanese to get real XRD tips huh

Dahbomb

Damn so no one in the world should have an opinion on Smash 4 except Zero?

Might as well cease all competitive debate on the game for good.

SamVimes

I have a 39C fever, AH3 is too fucking expensive to buy but it doesn't matter because i haven't played fighting games in forever because the guy i gave my stick to to fix it (2 months ago to change a cable... i would have done it in an hour if my soldering iron wasn't broken) still hasn't given it back to me. feels bad man

Also do you have any custom stick "horror" stories? I bought a shitty stick (only good thing was the pcb working on ps3 and 360) when i was really getting into fighting games, at a certain point i decided to upgrade all the buttons, the stick and the gate So, i order all the sanwa parts from a japanese website, when they get here i'm all excited until i realize i bought with the wrong measurement so all the buttons are too small to fit into the holes. I had to make a wood board, drill the holes for the small buttons and fix it with screws on top of the stick. I don't even know if the smaller buttons feel different, i can hit 1 frame links and do hands combos with Honda and Gen no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom