• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been a high level Zangief mirror match in SF4 since Vangief vs Snake Eyez?

USF4 has so many characters that you rarely see top players of the same character play against each other, unless Justin and Ricky are matched up in tournament.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
After seeing ZeRo's twitter about blowing people up that if you don't win a tourney, you have no opinion on the game and now this, this must be blowup Wednesdays or something.

That kind of logic is dumb as fuck. You'd think people would know better than to say stupid shit like that. Then again...

ShinMaruku

If you see Kstoute and canada cup ask him about his wife.

if evo anything to go by, two of your opponents will be no shows
if evo anything to go by, i'm gonna face a pro first
If you see Kstoute and canada cup ask him about his wife.
how come everyone knows Kstoute
AAK and you going?
Good luck

Don't be a scrub. Do it!
Luck is strong with seating for first timers.

I might be able to scrub out a round. too bad greed savers are easier to block offline

Sounds like they're going to switch up the characters in the next beta. Hopefully it'll be all new characters to choose from. (new to the beta)

shaowebb

I get the feeling that you're in love with how some game COULD be played. You don't like marvel because Iron Fist is rubbish and if you try to play what you want to play you'll get wrecked. You champion stuff like Arcana Heart and TvC because no one is playing those games anymore, so no one can wreck your ideas of what those games 'are'

I played Iron Fist sure, but I left Marvel for a lot of reasons. School was starting to pick up some at the time but mainly I saw Doom, and Vergil getting out of hand at the time and left right around when I saw Morridoom debut. I enjoyed neutral stuff and after maining Ryu and Ironfist I realized that I wasn't gonna get a hella neutral style game from Marvel. Left for KoF 13 at first but didn't have the execution or time with college. Heard about Injustice and went in hard to the TYM community because I heard NRS listened to them and they wanted fan feedback as they developed. Made videos and had a lot of discussions over there. They did listen to a lot of what folks said and such and I had a lot of fun and learned NRS stuff for a few years. Got involved in the site as a mod and loved it there. I left recently though because I'd quit MKX.

I missed tag fighters and non string fighters though. Tried to find a game to come back too and since I'd first started watching streams with TVC and Marn (back before he used Alex and used Blade with Zero) I thought I'd go back in. Loved it and I've been trying to find a way to play folks at it to see what I missed. It didn't have the guide like MVC3 and its in game and booklet breakdowns were very gapped in info. Dug deep, couldn't believed what I'd overlooked and kept playing. Glad to find the occassional anything related to this. Not to say its without problems, but I enjoyed its footsies and playstyle more than Marvel so its closer to what suits me.

Watched EVO and saw Dorothy...didn't understand what her cards did or what they meant by "she's got them out" so I picked it up that weekend for the sale on PSN. Found it also had a thin in game description on how things worked so I looked stuff up online...same thing happened to it as TVC. Found it to be way deeper than I thought and stayed in. Currently I'm still diggin and the well is deep so I'd really like to share all this stuff thats in it with folks because its just that hard to tell whats in that game otherwise.

Thats basically been me since about...I dunno, whenever Morridoom debuted. I've bounced around with BB several times too alongside of SFxTekken. Liked aspects of each honestly though it took SFxTekken awhile to turn out well. That's why I play what I play. Marvel never left, I never took to SFIV, Injustice died out and MKX is something I only got on PC and that version burned me hard and is pretty dead online too. Don't own GGXrd or the latest BB so I'm behind the curve on them too. Didn't get Xrd because I played Testament, Bridget and Faust a lot...the roster is just sorta full of holes for what I came to the show for. Plus that was from way back in my casual days with XX reload too so I was never vested on the title. Basically I'm a fan of the genre and like to see whats in it. I'll buy up GG with the new edition. BB is likely my Birthday gift in Dec so I'm trying not to buy myself everything on my list.

Man, Arcana Heart feels kind of overwhelming without character specific combo trials and all these arcana too choose from. Until today I didn't even know that arcana had their own supers or so many specials. I'm going to try my best to find three mainstay characters and work from there with the arcana. I definitely see myself going with Zenia and at least one of the ninja ladies.

I get the feeling that you're in love with how some game COULD be played. You don't like marvel because Iron Fist is rubbish and if you try to play what you want to play you'll get wrecked. You champion stuff like Arcana Heart and TvC because no one is playing those games anymore, so no one can wreck your ideas of what those games 'are'

Considering he's been posting a alot of stuff I'm looking forward to your breakdown on why his ideas and views are not correct. I trust this would not be said without some kind of basis to back it up?

Tizoc

That's totally Gief...but Ono has fooled us before

Ono didn't exactly fool us; we fooled ourselves :p
Ono just showed some of the stuff the next coming character can do.

However look at the red at the bottom right it makes it look hand and the gold thing is a wrist band.
Could Laura be wearing a wrist band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom