• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now if you want to really talk about funny hit boxes.

lolsol8ekfz.jpg

I mean people knew that Sol's dash couldn't be sweeped at some point in time but here ya go. Hurtboxes in this case, but whatever.

Quesa

I think an MK9-esque recapping of the story thus far would have been great. Hopefully the character-based stuff ends up being good while we wait for summer.

notworksafe

Detailing what happened between III and IV...when does V take place? After IV?

Oh, and wording for the final Jan 30-31 beta makes it sound like it's totally open.

4 and 5 are before 3

Also lol at story mode coming out 4 months after release. Shows how much stock Sony/Kappacom put in it for sales.

Kalamari

I wonder how many people won't buy the game until story mode is released.

I hope there isn't a free online lobby system DLC (meaning that I hope it's in the game already)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
learning a new character in a game you know like the back of your hand is an absolute joy. i can't wait to get home and hit training mode :)

tumblr_nkkg410sks1slig2vo1_500.gif

Astarte

OT, but Mighty No. 9 delayed again lol. I stopped caring after the first delay. Wish I never backed it.

Inafune can kiss my ass. He's representative of the worst that capcom has to offer.
Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z still has me salty that I wasted time on that garbage.

So it's still an open question if SF5 on the PS4 will support PS3 sticks, and no ArcSys game in PS4 has either... but you know what Japanese developer is putting PS3 stick support in their PS4 game? The developers of Koihime Musou. They're using the same PS3 drivers that LabZero developed; glad to see someone else pick it up.

Now everyone else who isn't doing this is looking like clownshoes
or moneyhats

I really don't want to buy a ps4 stick but it looks like I'll have to :/

Ah, also Webm for Retards is good too
The name's just because it was from a /g/ user, buf it's actually really helpful and easy to use.

shaowebb

Imgur's "gifv" won't even play in microsofts "Edge" "Spartan" "lol not IE"

Really need to find a good tutorial for webm or gif animation. This took too long and it doesn't look nearly good enough

http://abload.de/img/fafniiiiiir-oopstwqxu.gif

Meh. I just use Instagiffer

Unless I'm making something like that Combofiend twerk gif I put together in photoshop I just load url's into instagiffer, set the smoothness and quality up high, crop it, caption it between whatever frames I want, and let it do the heavy lifting. I'm too lazy to spend too much time on stuff like gifs.

Nightii

Banned
Give default Guile a mohawk, watch heads explode.

So, after watching the trailer....how long until Evil Ryu arrives and (sadly) makes normal Ryu irrelevant once again?

Give default Guile a mohawk, watch heads explode.

So, after watching the trailer....how long until Evil Ryu arrives and (sadly) makes normal Ryu irrelevant once again?

This doesn't have to be the case seeing how they've done a good job so far differentiating characters both from one another in this game and compared to previous appearances.

Beckx

Wait, the story is DLC.... In June? That is amazing and hilariously wrong.

Though if the story mode heavily relies on the DLC characters, it kinda makes sense?

For my purposes though the standard arcade mode with wallpapers for each character is there at launch.

Of course, but you'll need to buy the characters dlc to have their part in the story mode first

I wonder. If it's like Injustice where you only get to play a character a couple of times during the mode, it's not like that can really satisfy someone's desire to play a character. No reason not to put them into the story mode for free, really, it's just like a little preview.

Perro

I think SFV Story Mode will have the same problem of DOA5. Too many characters not relevant to the plot, so "hey lets fight and be friends k?" moments. At least they're trying.

ShinMaruku

I think DOA does well with it's incedental characters, they have so much links. Especially the new ones they blew up the story. Also it's the ultimate family drama it's all bad uncle/daddy raising hell. :p

so, what point were you trying to make? it seems like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Arguing implies a back and forth. It was just a call out.

I don't believe the people who are looking forward to playing netplay sf5 are automatically less frivolous than the people who want story mode. They're free to prove me wrong.

Nightii

Banned
This doesn't have to be the case seeing how they've done a good job so far differentiating characters both from one another in this game and compared to previous appearances.

Hopefully you are right, I guess different V-Skill/Triggers plus some extra specials for a different gameplan could make it work.

To be honest, the main force behind my worry is my desire to see Daigo stick with Ryu for through the game's life, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom