• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Was it a Sho? It's usually a Sho for me lol.

I main Sho with Tia as my sub. Dude I fought was a really good Dao Long who hit all of his combos and always baited out Sho's 236B/D when he got the knockdown.

I'm also really rusty on my SNK games so I kept droppin' basic links too lol.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
For KI they'll be demoing all the S3 balance changes and a new character on saturday 11 am EST live from KI world cup (on stage, even!) on maximilians twitch feed

Bizazedo

For KI they'll be demoing all the S3 balance changes and a new character on saturday 11 am EST live from KI world cup (on stage, even!) on maximilians twitch feed

I wonder how much of a success KI has been. They keep doing seasons, so obviously it's doing at the least okay I imagine, but still...

Arguing implies a back and forth. It was just a call out.

I don't believe the people who are looking forward to playing netplay sf5 are automatically less frivolous than the people who want story mode. They're free to prove me wrong.

I guarantee you that people who buy sf5 for the pvp will be around far longer than those who buy it for the story mode. Will they all keep it? Maybe, maybe not but don't act like those that buy street fighter for pvp is a such a small group.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wonder how much of a success KI has been. They keep doing seasons, so obviously it's doing at the least okay I imagine, but still...

we know the downloads of the F2P is in the millions

and they have said they were hitting new heights for online users near the end of S2...

so i'd assume it's been going very well for them.

Coda

Following gootecks' Instagram grants you these gems:

smug_zpstctmt6n6.png

mbpm1

Yams you were right erased is a pretty great anime. Although the
ramifications of the main char engaging in a relationship with the girl at his mental age could be sticky if you think about it

petghost

Banned
What's the biggest new fg ip of recent years? Injustice or something? I get that no one wants to take risks but I hope we get some new ones at some point

Dahbomb

What's the biggest new fg ip of recent years? Injustice or something? I get that no one wants to take risks but I hope we get some new ones at some point
Not sure if that even counts since it's based off of DC IP stuff.

I would probably have to say Blazblue.

Injustice, Skullgirls, UNIEL, and Persona are the biggest new brands I can think of.

Well Persona is an RPG franchise, but still.

Edit: oh right, I forgot about Dengeki Bunko

Dahbomb

Persona and Injustice shouldn't really count when they are using an existing IP and making a FG out of it. Having known characters in your fighting game is a much easier sell.

3 most notable brand new FG IPs in the previous gen were Skullgirls, Blazblue and UNIEL. Of those Blazblue seems to be the one that has done the best.

Hex

Banned
Persona and Injustice shouldn't really count when they are using an existing IP and making a FG out of it. Having known characters in your fighting game is a much easier sell.

3 most notable brand new FG IPs in the previous gen were Skullgirls, Blazblue and UNIEL. Of those Blazblue seems to be the one that has done the best.

Is Blazblue a new IP? If so then definitely Blazblue.

If you want to talk recent SG came out like five years after BB, but BB is easily the most successful new fighting game IP. The fact you have to reach almost 8 years back for a truly successful new IP is a testament to how hard it is to make something successful in this genre.

shaowebb

Damn, I didn't know anyone still plays TvC. I love MvC but TvC is on a whole other level.

It also gives me hope that Capcom can make great Vs games even without that damned Marvel license.

They had an official tournament at Frosty Faustings. Due to the huge number of titles at the venue though only top 4 got streamed but its still a LOT of playtime considering all matches were 3 of 5.

TVC Top 4 Frosty Faustings

The game was at EVO 2015 as well as an unofficial side tournament. A lot of the original players never left. MagnomanX, Rotanibor, GCYoshi, Tronzilla, Dr Science, Phampy, and a bunch of others still play and their has been sort of a growth movement for the title over the past year or so thats starting to catch on. In california it gets ran a lot by Rotanibor alongside Vampire Savior.

We all organize things on The Tatsunoko vs Capcom Tournament Facebook group

Most are playing either on Dolphin or using Wii with homebrew setup to allow them to use Wiimifi servers to play. On Wii since sticks were rare folks have adapted to simply duel modding decent sticks to work on PS3/PS2/PC and then hooking the PS2 plug to a converter so they can run quality gear on Wii consoles. Cost of the mod and the converter is right at $30. Course if you're running on Dolphin use whatever you like on your PC. Nice thing is Dolphin not only lets your run nice graphical upgrades but you also simulate native local not online mode. Once you choose to host and give the code to your friend to copy and paste it'll show your ping and you click start. BAM! Suddenly Dolphin thinks player 2 just plugged in on your system. Runs better than the Wii net stuff ever did.

Several of us here have TVC setup for Dolphin now. Me, QisTopTier, and Faded Revolution for certain. So if you get into it on Dolphin hit us up and we can try to play sometime.

Also look for TVC more this year. I'm forwarding all news on it from the group to here and folks who travel more are getting more and more involved. It should definitely spring up more throughout the year and it'll definitely be back at EVO 2016. Cool thing is that when folks set it up they tend to bring sticks and gear to get folks involved. Its a pretty good crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom