• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Pokken is a legit surprise to me; have followed it zero so I don't personally care either way, but I figured between it being brand new and logistical concerns (need double setups essentially) it wouldn't make it, especially not at the expense of USF4. Also I'm kind of glad to see USF4 gone, not gonna lie lol.

That said honestly not sure I'm a fan of Tekken 7 getting in for a second year in a row without any sort of home console release or official release in the US of any kind. I love Markman and I'm actually really looking forward to the game, but if I was a dedicated player of a game that didn't make it into Evo and this game with no home release made it in back to back years I'd be pretty pissed. I dunno, not really feeling how it's making it in over actually released games (despite really looking forward to it's release).

Pokken is a legit surprise to me; have followed it zero so I don't personally care either way, but I figured between it being brand new and logistical concerns (need double setups essentially) it wouldn't make it, especially not at the expense of USF4. Also I'm kind of glad to see USF4 gone, not gonna lie lol.

That said honestly not sure I'm a fan of Tekken 7 getting in for a second year in a row without any sort of home console release or official release in the US of any kind. I love Markman and I'm actually really looking forward to the game, but if I was a dedicated player of a game that didn't make it into Evo and this game with no home release made it in back to back years I'd be pretty pissed. I dunno, not really feeling how it's making it in over actually released games (despite really looking forward to it's release).
What other scenes honestly thought they had a chance?

shaowebb

6eaAEAt.jpg

Thats a LOT of new games.

Neoxon

Called it
  • Street Fighter V
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Killer Instinct
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Tekken 7
I didn't see that coming
  • Pokkén Tournament
R.I.P.
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV

notworksafe

I see nothing wrong with that list. Or what they have said

nothing about the locations or having to buy two tickets sounds appealing in the slightest. westgate is a trash heap, having to take the monorail to the event is a buzzkill, being off strip is weak as hell, having to buy a second ticket for finals and most likely pay more to have a decent seat is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom