• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Anyone play EA UFC? This is a type of game that has the potential to have the depth of a fighter. Does it?
if youre itching for a new game it might be time to learn vanessa
tumblr_nbrmhhoWm21slig2vo1_400.gif

Zissou

The number of people who enter USF4 shouldn't matter to Evo. The number that should matter is the number of people who come to Evo BECAUSE USF4 is there. That number will probably be very small, because SFV will already be at Evo, and I'd wager 99% of people entering USF4 also will enter SFV.

Meanwhile, Smash Wii U and Melee each had almost 2000 people last Evo, and the overlap between the two games was only like 500 people. To include USF4 at the expense of one of the Smash games would be foolish on Evo's part.

That said, I think USF4 and both Smash games will be there at Evo and they'll just deal with 9 games again.

This is an important point. Three friends and I went to evo for the first time last year, and despite two of use having not actively played SF4 for ~2 years, and the other two of us not having touched the game since vanilla marvel came out, we all entered SF4. We figured "why the hell not? We were all paying for expensive flights and hotels, so what's a few extra bucks?"

CO_Andy

Completely forgot Marvel 3 got a Vita port. How did the game not get a PC release?

cindi said:
Anyone play EA UFC? This is a type of game that has the potential to have the depth of a fighter. Does it?
Western fighting games are the last thing anyone talks about around here (except for MK on occasion). I agree with Oneida after watching that hyped Russian VF vid yesterday, cause holy shit.

ShinMaruku

I play sfxt Vita. I love Juri and Ibuki too much. SFV would be harsh if I did not love Cammy and Karin.
I need to do huge work on them though pray for me gaf

Something that I kinda noticed with the later characters in SFV. I'm probably wrong since I'm just going off memory.

Anyway it seems like the newer characters don't have the same sort of blocked animation like say Ryu's cr.HK/cr.FP or Nash's st.FP. I haven't played around really with every character but I'm just going from memory. I can't think of any Laura normals that have the same sort of animation on block. I think Zangief's st.MP/chop has that sort of blocked/stuffed animation.

Ken/Rashid's cr.HK's both completely go through the opponents guard without that stuffed animation like Ryu's. All 3 can be V-Triggered but maybe it's since they can V-Skill (?) their sweep?

Seems like something they originally planned to put into the game but as deadlines were met they had to skim out on a few things. That's what I think happened with stage transitions and why the China stage looks the highest quality compared to all the other ones.

I totally agree about the overlap and why keeping Melee but not SF4 would make sense. Nonetheless, it wouldn't surprise me if EVO forced Nintendo's hands by allowing one Smash and asking them to pick one. If that's the case, it makes perfect sense for Smash 4 to be chosen; it's a business afterall and Nintendo doesn't have to take the fall.

My scenario really does sound like a very bad anti-Smash fanfic, lol.

Melee is not project M. If it's not at Evo it's by choice.

Sayad

Something that I kinda noticed with the later characters in SFV. I'm probably wrong since I'm just going off memory.

Anyway it seems like the newer characters don't have the same sort of blocked animation like say Ryu's cr.HK/cr.FP or Nash's st.FP. I haven't played around really with every character but I'm just going from memory. I can't think of any Laura normals that have the same sort of animation on block. I think Zangief's st.MP/chop has that sort of blocked/stuffed animation.

That's not something about early vs later characters though, since Chun too doesn't have normals with different animation when blocked.

Astarte

Wasn't that DmC?!

I've played and beaten Inafune's Triple Threat (DmC, Lost Planet 3, and Yaiba [not capcom related but it was helmed by Inafune as the WEST'S GLORIOUS ANSWER]) and the only game that I remember is DmC.
First Clover, then the garbage that I played, followed by the debacle of MN9. You do you Inafune.

i expected two smashes, and I cant argue with the entrant counts, but *yawn* i hate competitive smash so much. Such a fun game to play free for all, but cant take its competitive side at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom