• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

No BB at EVO despite new game seems odd to me. It's basically out because Xrd came out

This is true unless ArcSys decides to do what bannam does and bring a board over for the tournament.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is not even out for console until end of May.

BlazBlue CentralFiction will just get it's second major update Act 2 tomorrow and Act 3 and whatever else is not even in sight until maybe late February or early March. Considering how profitable it is and how they will likely have to make console exclusive characters and add in a console 2.0 patch for arcades, it won't happen.

Same goes for Tekken 7 Fated Retribution. Console isn't even close and an arcade release isn't even ready for late Spring, maybe even early summer. FR still has to show new characters, new balance, new visuals, it will take a while.

Console release for CentralFiction is not going to happen until late summer or early autumn.

Ask ASW to provide the arcade board for it, or ask Round One to provide the Nesica Cabinets.
Or if you want Chronophantasma as a side game again. Just saying.

CurlyW

Mandalay Bay Events Center is far as fuck from the LVCC & Westgate. (Map)

And there's no good way to go between them without a taxi. LVCC & Westgate are on the north end of the monorail, but Mandalay Bay is 2 hotels south of where the monorail ends.

Hopefully Evo runs shuttles between the two.

But this venue decision might spread out the community between all the different hotels on the strip (since I'm sure nobody really wants to stay at the Westgate again), which will dampen the atmosphere of having the entire community all in one place.

MrDaravon

What other scenes honestly thought they had a chance?

It's more about this:

Tekken 7 being an EVO game for 2 years without actually being released in the West is like completely insane.

I mean you had games that were at last year's Evo that are not at this year's, but we have a game in back to back years that you literally cannot buy. I'm not personally like super outraged since there's no games that didn't make it in that I care about AND I'm honestly really looking forward to Tekken 7, but it's a super weird situation that I'm not super happy about on principle.

Edit: Salt already incoming lol

Kenneth Bradley ‏@KBradJStorm 39s39 seconds ago
I hope all you pokemon noobs are happy. No Ultra because you guys are scrubs

The Mandalay Bay Events looks kinda too big? It's capacity is 12,000. I wonder how many people were in the ball rooms last year. Seems like some energy would be lost a place too big.

Beats

What's wrong with Pokken exactly? I'm curious about the game, but I haven't read all that many impressions/elaborate opinions on what's good and bad about it.

Mandalay Bay Events Center is far as fuck from the LVCC & Westgate. (Map)

And there's no good way to go between them without a taxi. LVCC & Westgate are on the north end of the monorail, but Mandalay Bay is 2 hotels south of where the monorail ends.

Hopefully Evo runs shuttles between the two.

But this venue decision might spread out the community between all the different hotels on the strip (since I'm sure nobody really wants to stay at the Westgate again), which will dampen the atmosphere of having the entire community all in one place.

At the moment I'm thinking of staying the first couple of nights at the Westgate and then take a taxi (with my luggage) Sunday morning to Mandalay Bay. Maybe I'll book an extra night so I can enjoy the strip. But geez, they are not making it easy to attend this year.

I mean you had games that were at last year's Evo that are not at this year's, but we have a game in back to back years that you literally cannot buy. I'm not personally like super outraged since there's no games that didn't make it in that I care about AND I'm honestly really looking forward to Tekken 7, but it's a super weird situation that I'm not super happy about on principle.
I expect more of this sort of thing going forward for the companies that have the money, resources and motivation. It could happen for the next Netherrealm game. Depending on SFV's launch reception we might see a similar setup for CvC (if it happens) and SFVI in the future.

shaowebb

Somehow Marvel is alive and USFIV is dead.

There wasn't anything to replace Marvel with IMO. Its numbers are high, and there aren't many games with tag mechanics out there. Not any that'd pull Marvel numbers. Even on the decline its safe to say it'd draw more than Nitroplus, Dengeki or Koihime Enbu which are the only other Tag team build fighters I know that are new.

Marvel wont leave but it wont get any better IMO. If Capcom makes a new VS title or tag fighter it'll probably be gone. Honestly if KOF 14 was out it'd be gone.

not really sold on the new setup, but I guess the huge influx of people after the smash games got brought in made the ballroom situation unsustainable. Separating out the venue and doing designated seating just doesn't seem fun.

I guess if this year flops they can always go back

ShinMaruku

Tekken being at Evo just the first time w/o being released on consoles was stupid already, but twice :/

They need a 3d game, Namco is accommodating, VF is in limbo and the other games have no chance in hell. It's perfectly logical from their standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom