• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

Room freaking booked! Westgate Thurs & Fri nights, Luxor Sat &Sunday nights (Luxor was significantly cheaper than either Mandalay or Excalibur and it's connected to Mandalay). Figured I'd rather miss a few matches Saturday morning than Sunday if we're running bags over to the new hotel. Realistically, I'm just going to try and drop them at the desk and ask them to hold on to them until we're changing hotels later that night.

Whew, glad that's over. Too bad I missed out on the Signature Rooms for Westgate. Hopefully the peasant rooms aren't as awful as everyone says they were last time.

I'm so freaking pumped for Evo!

O.O I don't even know if I'm going this year or not yet outside of wanting to lol If you friend is guaranteed to go let him take it :p

I only mention my friend because he's the one taking care of the room situation this year (he booked two rooms side-by-side). I wanted to know if you wanted in it as well that way he knows how many people to expect.

notworksafe

Just do what I did if your room stinks (literally mine smelled like a nice mix of poop and cig smoke), go down and complain. Then they gave me the biggest room on the floor.

Clawww

Flamingo will most likely be hella cheap and is just fine. Paris/Ballys will be a bit more but much nicer than Westgate. Also there's a monorail stop right there.

Flamingo w/ their promo code: $548.80
Bally's w/ their promo code: $741.44

This is for Thurs-Mon

thanks

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I only mention my friend because he's the one taking care of the room situation this year (he booked two rooms side-by-side). I wanted to know if you wanted in it as well that way he knows how many people to expect.

Only reason I was able to make it in the first place was thanks to everyone pitching in and helping out. The fact everyone did it twice really made me happy beyond belief but I don't expect everyone to keep doing it.

Shouta

Guess I'm staying at the Renaissance then.

Actually, Evo discount this year is a real discount. I checked that and my flight and hotel was more like 550 while Renaissance was 489. It hasn't been a great deal in the past so I didn't check until someone mentioned it to me.

Clawww

To each their own

I might recommend it though. You are only a 15 minute monorail ride (or less) from some of the best food in the world

what's good eating? I know I'm doing the bacchanal buffet at caesars (dont kill the hype if it sucks pls) but the rest is wide open. I'm thinking power breakfasts and fancy dinners

Tripon

what's good eating? I know I'm doing the bacchanal buffet at caesars (dont kill the hype if it sucks pls) but the rest is wide open. I'm thinking power breakfasts and fancy dinners
The aria buffet is always good. $25ish for lunch, $35ish for dinner.

Only reason I was able to make it in the first place was thanks to everyone pitching in and helping out. The fact everyone did it twice really made me happy beyond belief but I don't expect everyone to keep doing it.

Totally understandable. I hope you can make it out anyways though! At the very least, give Seth a call lol

CZwSYNYVAAAwq3T.jpg

Get hype y'all

Clawww

Is there no hope that going full eSports removes the WWE villain garbage from the scenes?

it's not wwe villain garbage, it happens in pretty much any kind of scene or medium or sport or whatever. people love to hate just as much as they love to be fans. there's an actual demand for obnoxious personalities (real or constructed), which can't and won't be erased.

Nightii

Banned
it's not wwe villain garbage, it happens in pretty much any kind of scene or medium or sport or whatever. people love to hate just as much as they love to be fans. there's an actual demand for obnoxious personalities (real or constructed), which can't and won't be erased.

It's stupid, go watch a movie or tv show if you want that kind of stuff. Rewarding dicks for being dicks is ridiculous.

notworksafe

Bacchanal is really damn good. One of the few buffets that I can say is worth the price. You won't regret it.

For some other suggestions...I'm not really much of a breakfast guy but Mon Ami Gabi at Paris was really awesome. Very good and creative breakfast food, excellent staff, and a really fantastic atmosphere. Definitely ask to sit outside.

For dinners a couple of my favorites:

Hash House A Go Go (Linc) - A fun spin on soul food and has preposterous portions but still well priced. If you like boozey fruit drinks they are good with those too. I recommend the Chicken and Waffles or the Pot Pie, both super good.

Lotus of Siam (Off Strip) - Legitimately the best thai food I've ever eaten. You'll need to take an Uber there but it is so worth it if you like Asian food. You'll need a reservation for sure, I'd call a couple weeks to a month in advance.

Ramsay Steak (Paris) - Very expensive but goddamn is it good. They have a seasonal 5 course meal and that's usually the way to go. It's always something good every time I've been. Another place you'll need a reservation a few weeks in advance if not more.

Cleo (SLS) - Very close to Westgate (ride the monorail away from the Strip, it's the beginning of the line) and really fantastic Mediterranean food. The grilled octopus is out of control. Not terribly expensive but you can rack up a bill if you add in wine.

For some casual, quick stop places I recommend Secret Pizza at the Cosmopolitan, Earl of Sandwich at the Planet Hollywood (get the All American if they have it or the Holiday Turkey if they don't), and Shake Shack at the New York, New York (best cheeseburger I've ever had).

If you go to Downtown Vegas, which I recommend, maybe check out Heart Attack Grill. The place is hilarious. They fry all their food in lard, go super over the top with their menu and advertising (the waitresses dress like nurses) and even sell stuff like 40s and packs of cigs. The food is pretty damn good too but I'd get a small size of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom