• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you like in other games?

Well mentioned it sometime before but I guess this would be a full break down of my experience.

P4AU: Minazuki, because he is really easy to learn and supposed to be strong. Did ok but didn't actually like playing him that much because I can't open someone up when they are blocking, or my command grabs are too obvious.

Tried Kanji for a bit, but that probably doesn't count.

GG Xrd: Started with Sol, and then stopped playing the game for like a few months. Sol looks cool and his combos look great, but I actually don't like playing him for the same reasons as Minazuki in P4A.

BBCP: Nu-13 seems like a very simple character to understand at a low level. But I played like, maybe 60 or so matches max and lost most of them.

Xrd again, but we already talked about Ky. I like it more than Sol, mainly because simple, easy to understand.

Bonus Points:

EXVS
Blue Frame. It's bland, average, nobody plays it.
ZZ. Because damage! And super armor.
Norn. Because its OP, it's easy, you don't stop pressing buttons. Also it has a ton of gimmicks that you don't ever need to use to beat anyone.

Exile20

Only hope KBR has is if he busts out a well practised team scrub. That way it won't be a bad match up but FChamp would still out play him.

He did take out Justin twice already but damn fchamp's movement, smarts and lameness is just on another level.

FACE

Banned
http://orig10.deviantart.net/ceec/f/2007/347/e/0/christmas_dizzy_by_datura_stramonium.png[img]

Both. Dizzy needs to go deal with her crazy ass father. :E
Making him raise Sin is bad.[/QUOTE]

I thought we had come to an understanding about nsfw pictures.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well mentioned it sometime before but I guess this would be a full break down of my experience.

P4AU: Minazuki, because he is really easy to learn and supposed to be strong. Did ok but didn't actually like playing him that much because I can't open someone up when they are blocking, or my command grabs are too obvious.

Tried Kanji for a bit, but that probably doesn't count.

GG Xrd: Started with Sol, and then stopped playing the game for like a few months. Sol looks cool and his combos look great, but I actually don't like playing him for the same reasons as Minazuki in P4A.

BBCP: Nu-13 seems like a very simple character to understand at a low level. But I played like, maybe 60 or so matches max and lost most of them.

Xrd again, but we already talked about Ky. I like it more than Sol, mainly because simple, easy to understand.

Bonus Points:

EXVS
Blue Frame. It's bland, average, nobody plays it.
ZZ. Because damage! And super armor.
Norn. Because its OP, it's easy, you don't stop pressing buttons. Also it has a ton of gimmicks that you don't ever need to use to beat anyone.

Honestly just rock Ryu or Ken and I never suggest these characters if you want to zone a bit more give dhalsim a shot

I wasn't. Now? Depends how I do February 16th.

But probably not. Got a lot of trips this year, might just do a big EVO instead (c'mon Karst / 645 / etc., GAF meetup).
I'd love to man, but it's expensive, and I have baby costs. :-/

My wife keeps encouraging me to go, but...

vocab

I'll test if the f+mp safe and charge hk is safe. Beta 3 build though.

edit:
Charge HK. only really punishable by supers.

f+mp I can't even punish with a jab or super with ryu. I'm curious to what even punishes it if at all.

Just reading coin frame data makes me want to puke. Hey, I'm a pseudo-gunflame. Except, you know, not vulnerable to air approach because of the conveniently arced trajectory. 20f startup, 40f total execution time, -4 on block? Fuck that shit, 6, 17, +8.

Mid mist finer data feels pretty much like Faust f.S, a smidge slower. Mashable 5f jabs.

What the fuck is wrong with this character.

Shouta

F+MP as in that rope throw?

It got buffed in the last beta iirc, now it works full screen again.

And the charge kick is still positive on block, no?

It's positive but not as plus except on counter hit, I think. Regular hit nets you lk,mp target combo into her butt attack only. Pretty sure CH was similar to before.

vulva

Guests
2 Adults
Room ChargesUSD 879.80
TaxUSD 105.56
Resort FeesUSD 112.00
Total Rate USD 1,097.36

book your rooms while the discount's available people

I dunno your situation, but if she's saying "Go"...

A). She's awesome, good find.

B). Doooo eeeeeeeeeeeit! It's just a long weekend.
It's more a $$$ situation. Flying in, hotel room, etc.

Edit: Yeah, look at Vulva's post. o_O

Found yourself a new main, eh?
Maybe. I'm definitely interested in Nine still, but she basically has zero neutral tools. It's all about spacing with the normals into oki setups, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I like her spell feature, but some more non-spell attacks would be nice, too. Her Fist of God special is pretty underwhelming, and you'll hardly see it in high-level play once people get used to her.

notworksafe

$1100 for the Westgate hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha fucking a

Book a room at any Strip place and it'll be cheaper and a better hotel. Even Hooters.

notworksafe

what's decent in vegas? seems like it's either cheap stuff or really luxe shit

Flamingo will most likely be hella cheap and is just fine. Paris/Ballys will be a bit more but much nicer than Westgate. Also there's a monorail stop right there.

Flamingo w/ their promo code: $548.80
Bally's w/ their promo code: $741.44

This is for Thurs-Mon

I'll test if the f+mp safe and charge hk is safe. Beta 3 build though.

edit:
Charge HK. only really punishable by supers.

f+mp I can't even punish with a jab or super with ryu. I'm curious to what even punishes it if at all.

Okay. I think I will be going through a character crisis for the fist couple of months.

Bizazedo

Flamingo will most likely be hella cheap and is just fine. Paris/Ballys will be a bit more but much nicer than Westgate. Also there's a monorail stop right there.

Flamingo w/ their promo code: $548.80
Bally's w/ their promo code: $741.44

This is for Thurs-Mon

Yep, C'mon, Ladies & Gentlemen. Get creative, get roommates, and party on.

O.O I don't even know if I'm going this year or not yet outside of wanting to lol If you friend is guaranteed to go let him take it :p

Goooooooooooooooooooo.

Shouta

Flight and 4 nights at the Renaissance hotel, which is literally next to the convention center is 489 for me while Westgate is 840 on Expedia...

Welp..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom